Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

NJnetsfan1535 has decent reputation
Default Possible Trades Thread

Its been talked about lately for the nets to make some moves..... what would you want to happen, they probably wont do these trades but it would be cool

heres one that might work the nets not sure though -http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1022~829~3239~3187~883&teams=8 ~8~8~17~17&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~17&te=&cash=

NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: Possible Trades Thread

I'd love to see Camby and Thorton, but I really think it would take VC to land them. In fact I would love to get Camby, Thorton and Gordon even if it took VC, #1, SWAT and Boone.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

if you check out the nuggets forums, it looks like they are really interested in Sean williams, maybe this is how we will land kleiza
Old 12-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

does anyone like this trade

it gets rid of some big men that the nets dont need and which the t-wolves do need, it brings collins back which has good chemistry with the nets and experience and his contract expires, mark madsen which contract will expire- he can be unactive forever, and randy foye as backup pg and put dooling backup sg
Old 12-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

That trade doesn't really do anything. We'd be trading crap for crap.

Foye is a shooting guard in a point guard's body. We don't need him. Madsen is a nobody. And PLEASE, keep Jason Collins away from the Nets. I know you like him and all, but I don't. I've bashed him for so long on this board, and I had wanted him out. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just telling it as it is. I'm sorry, but this is changing into a more physical and quick league. You'll have a troubled time surviving now if you're slow and nonathletic. And I got enough headaches over the past years watching Collins get blocked when he was wide open underneath the basket because he was too slow. I got tired of the missed free throws. I got tired of the mishandled passes and minimal production on the offensive end. I got tired of him getting 2 rebounds per game.

Talk about the intangibles all you want to. Collins is not a good player, that's my opinion. His liabilities greatly outweigh his assets. And if he were here, Frank would get sentimental and give him his 25+ minutes. Those minutes would be taken away from the rookies who need to be developed. There is a reason why Collins is not playing much elsewhere. Other teams have serviceable big men.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

nahhh i put him in there because he would be good for the rookies to learn from and his contract expires like madsens, and the nets get another pg like they wanted.... but yea i understand
Old 12-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far

We need Gerald Wallace
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

dont know much about how well each charlotte players play but i got this trade

gives the nets a decent sf, third pg like they wanted and gets rid of williams and swift... not sure if charlotte would do it though
Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnetsfan1535
dont know much about how well each charlotte players play but i got this trade

gives the nets a decent sf, third pg like they wanted and gets rid of williams and swift... not sure if charlotte would do it though

charlotte's not going to trade their best (maybe second best) player for 2 scrubs and 2 bench players. atleast i hope for their sake they wouldn't.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #10
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

haha yea i didnt think so, i havent seen charlotte play ever so i didnt who was good/bad.. if we get wallace then during free agency in 2010 we will prob go after a sg or pf such as bosh, boozer, or wade... sweet
Old 12-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
charlotte's not going to trade their best (maybe second best) player for 2 scrubs and 2 bench players. atleast i hope for their sake they wouldn't.

Charlotte is looking for a Center so im pretty sure Boone would have to be included in the trade to land G-Force
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I'm sorry but spams like this are not welcomed in Nets forum...
That's actually a pretty decent trade for us
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #13
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

hi, new to the forums (just discovered the site). Anyways heres my trade idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...8~17&te=&cash=

For Toronto:
Would get: Yi, Simmons, Swift

Reason for trade idea is because JO isn't working out in toronto and we're duplicating too many positions in nj at the 4 spot (especially with anderson, yi). Since Tor is looking at 2010 to keep bosh and sign on, they wouldn't lose anything in keeping 2 year guaranteed contracts. They would strengthen their bench (which needs a huge upgrade).

For NJ:

NJ would get: Jermain O'neal

Getting JO would bring in a true post threat. If he works out, the nets are a legitimate threat. If he doesn't work out, its a 1 year contract so they gain cap room and don't sign onto a long term commitment.

I think it'd be a decent attempt by both sides. Thoughts?

Last edited by Blu : 12-21-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #14
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
That's actually a pretty decent trade for us

The Nets apparently don't need Kleiza since we already have two outside shooter PFs --- Yi and Anderson. Sonny Weems, who? A guy recently signed from NBDL to fill in the roster space of the Nuggets?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #15
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

KiddToCarter has an OK reputation so far

trade Yi and that simmons guy!!!:) dont like neather of them... i dont care for what just go away... soorry that is how i think about it... maybe for pick or for anthony randolph or maggette:) hehe... dont know...
KiddToCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: