Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #16
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

We were horrible last season....I definitely don't forget that. From last season, we have 9 new faces, 5 of which haven't played a min. in the NBA. That isn't a recipe for success IMO. In time with more experience and mostly, talent, I think we're on the right track. With our roster and the guys never playing together, regardless of summer work, I just can't see us winning ON AVERAGE more then 4 out of every 10 games.....again, on average. We won't have a 1-19 streak I am sure. So many fans look to that start and wonder what could have been. Problem is, you can't look at a 60 game sample. It's 82 as we know.

I have different things that I am looking for out of the Raps this year. And if they win 25 -35 games I won't be surprised or upset. If they get close to 40, I will be surprised. That's just me though.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #17
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech

bosh, calderon, garbajosa, slokar and nesterovic have been playing ball all summer, they're going to come into camp in better shape than most.

chris bosh is a year older and playing his natural position... that alone, imo guarantees atleast 5-8 extra wins, easily.

I just don't think other teams would be too excited about Jose, Slokar, Rasho etc playing in the summer and being in shape. That's good an all, but the reality is these guys are not difference makers. Some would argue WBC tires players out.

Bosh is a year older sure and I guess what you mean is he won't be defending C's as much as last year, which is true. That should help. What would help Bosh and the Raps a lot more would be for Bosh to continue to develop a back to the basket game and get better defensively and as a rebounder.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #18
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I just don't think other teams would be too excited about Jose, Slokar, Rasho etc playing in the summer and being in shape. That's good an all, but the reality is these guys are not difference makers. Some would argue WBC tires players out.

why all the hate for rasho, by december you'll all be saying hes what we've been missing for years, hes legit, hes the biggest assett we've aquired this offseason
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #19
xHardcourtx
I airball my layups

xHardcourtx has an OK reputation so far

ehhh i dunno about the biggest asset...it will be nice tho to have someone to do the things he can do. he's a capable defender, can get us a couple buckets, and is more experienced. also, i think he has to be twice as smart as hoffa was....it will be nice to not have our starting centre with three fouls 5 minutes in.
xHardcourtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #20
boostermoose
Kids at the park dunk on me

boostermoose has an OK reputation so far

Uhh...I'm pretty sure the Nets will be ranked higher than 12th.
boostermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:33 AM   #21
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

for the last time its not predicted EC seedings, its offseason.

which is more of a negative to us IMO, saying the Cavs had a better offseason thatn us is wrong IMO
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #22
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
for the last time its not predicted EC seedings, its offseason.

which is more of a negative to us IMO, saying the Cavs had a better offseason thatn us is wrong IMO

exactly the ranking systems makes no sense, its part power ranking part offseason improvement ranking
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #23
Nhui
I brick open layups

Nhui has an OK reputation so far

The article is crap. Miami Heat at #1 for resigning Wade and Mourning?? They didn't do anything to ensure they will be champions again (aka improve their team) while other teams have improved drastically... The Bulls deserve #1 because they added 2 big men veterans to play with their young talented back court.. they will be a force next year. The Pacers @ #3 is a NO NO!!! They only got Al Harrington and lost Peja... Al Harrington is NOT that good of a player to warrent such a big deal and Pacers are still a borderline playoff team. My other beefs include the Cavs @ 5 (again the whole extension of LBJ, while a big move doesn't really improve the team since he will be there next year anyways), and why is the Bucks always ahead of the Raps in these ratings.. lets see they got Charlie V and Skinner and Blake for Magloire.. versus... The Raps who got.. TJ Ford, Andrea, Parker, Jones, Garbojosa, Rasho etc... stupid ESPN always shortchanging the Raptors.. sick of it
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: