Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #31
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: SJ Sharks Break Record for Best 30 Gm Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoStanford
i don't really think the previous postseasons have anything to do with this post season especially with a new head coach, 2 new elite defenseman and emerging stars like setoguchi.

Well you're mistaken.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #32
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

GoStanford has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Well you're mistaken.

according to you. I believe you are mistaken. They haven't even choked. They've been losing to teams that are just as good as them. I bet you don't even ever watch them.
GoStanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're delusional if you think the past few years' playoff performances have no impact on the present. You were the same D-Bag talkin out yer ass during the playoffs last year. You're just a homer; no reason to take you seriously.

And yeah, the Bluejackets are a top team.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #34
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

Quote:
You're delusional if you think the past few years' playoff performances have no impact on the present. You were the same D-Bag talkin out yer ass during the playoffs last year. You're just a homer; no reason to take you seriously.

And yeah, the Bluejackets are a top team.

I didn't even know what ISH was during the playoffs last year. Get your facts straight. Are you saying good teams never lose to lesser teams. You're saying the sharks regular season OT loss to Columbus was a bad loss and that should never happen. If that were the case, the best team in the league would go 82-0. It is clear that San Jose is the best team in the NHL.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #35
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
I didn't even know what ISH was during the playoffs last year. Get your facts straight.

This is the part where you go and hide: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=83497&page=3

Isn't it amazing how you couldn't know anything about ISH during the playoffs last year, but you were here, on the board, posting your same homer bull**** in the ISH Official NHL Playoff Thread?

Quote:
Are you saying good teams never lose to lesser teams. You're saying the sharks regular season OT loss to Columbus was a bad loss and that should never happen. If that were the case, the best team in the league would go 82-0. It is clear that San Jose is the best team in the NHL.

No, you said at least they're losing to good teams. I said the Bluejackets, who they lost to last night, are not a good team.

And it's definitely not clear they are the best team in the NHL after getting blown out 6-0 and couldn't put up a single goal against the defending champions' backup goalie.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #36
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

Quote:
This is the part where you go and hide: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=83497&page=3

Isn't it amazing how you couldn't know anything about ISH during the playoffs last year, but you were here, on the board, posting your same homer bull**** in the ISH Official NHL Playoff Thread?

No, you said at least they're losing to good teams. I said the Bluejackets, who they lost to last night, are not a good team.

And it's definitely not clear they are the best team in the NHL after getting blown out 6-0 and couldn't put up a single goal against the defending champions' backup goalie.

but the sharks were better than detroit when they beat them 4-2 last month and thoroughly dominated? I see. Whoever beats the best team is the best. So yesterday Columbus was the best team in the NHL. This was my brother's account last year and now he lets me use it. He mainly posts in the stanford thread and basketball threads but i only post in the OTC.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #37
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Regular season doesn't mean sh!t. San Jose will have to beat Detroit to get to the finals and I highly doubt they can beat them in a 7 game series.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #38
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Wasn't it the 4th game in 5 nights? On the road? I'm not making excuses for the 6-0 game, but let's not pretend guys can't get drained. The energy just wasn't there on the ice and you could see it.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
but the sharks were better than detroit when they beat them 4-2 last month and thoroughly dominated? I see. Whoever beats the best team is the best. So yesterday Columbus was the best team in the NHL. This was my brother's account last year and now he lets me use it. He mainly posts in the stanford thread and basketball threads but i only post in the OTC.

Haha, that was your brother's account? So you have a d-bag homer brother who fills up hockey threads on ISH and you guys share an account and talk the exact same style of trash

You can't follow a conversation very good can you? You said clearly they're the best, I didn't say Columbus or the Wings were the best, I just said the Sharks clearly aren't.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:35 AM   #40
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Deuce, who is your favorite team? Just wondering, because you have nothing but negative things to say about the Sharks. As a fan, I can admit they have choked, and THEY have to prove they can go to the next level in the postseason, but you don't even take that stance. You say they WILL IN FACT FAIL, etc etc. Why would a peron who has no stake in the team be so biased against them? Every comment from you about the Sharks is a negative one.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #41
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Ha, because all the Sharks homers here who want to deny the past, and did the exact same thing here last year during the playoffs. All they do is talk endless unsubstantiated **** about their team even though they've done nothing.

I have nothing good to say about the Sharks, and I don't see how they've earned anything better until they shed the post season choking. I'll get on the wagon when they actually do something in the playoffs.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:53 AM   #42
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Quote:
Ha, because all the Sharks homers here who want to deny the past, and did the exact same thing here last year during the playoffs. All they do is talk endless unsubstantiated **** about their team even though they've done nothing.

I have nothing good to say about the Sharks, and I don't see how they've earned anything better until they shed the post season choking. I'll get on the wagon when they actually do something in the playoffs.

duce just has no one else to talk to about the sharks, its hard to get up the courage to leave the basement. How many Sharks games have you seen? 0? one at the most.

Ok so last year 4 of the 6 games went into OT. Everyone should know that an OT game is a crap shoot because its just the first to score and not a full period. One lucky bounce could mean the game. The year before they lost to the Wings who had a better record then them in the regular season. In 05-06 the lose to the Oilers who eventually went to the stanley cup finals and then in 03-04 they lose to the Flames when went to the finals as well. Its not like they are losing to horrible teams they are playing well and not getting the breaks they need.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #43
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I don't have a basement. I've probably watched the Sharks 7-8 times this season. Both games against the wings, and all the preds and blue jackets games because they play all their games in Lexington. They've looked good up until this week, but that's besides the point. You all think they're a lock in the playoffs and there's no reason to think that. That's my only point. I'm not even saying another team is, just that there's no reason to think they're over their playoff demons so to speak.

As far as the playoffs. They haven't just not been getting the bounces. They've had major collapses, terrible penalties, and goalie meltdowns so get out of here with that crap.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #44
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
I don't have a basement. I've probably watched the Sharks 7-8 times this season. Both games against the wings, and all the preds and blue jackets games because they play all their games in Lexington. They've looked good up until this week, but that's besides the point. You all think they're a lock in the playoffs and there's no reason to think that. That's my only point. I'm not even saying another team is, just that there's no reason to think they're over their playoff demons so to speak.

As far as the playoffs. They haven't just not been getting the bounces. They've had major collapses, terrible penalties, and goalie meltdowns so get out of here with that crap.
No, I don't. They have to prove they can get it done, and until then, they aren't locks for anything. You, however, have already decided, according to previous comments, that they will fail no matter what.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:23 AM   #45
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I'm expecting the choke, and after 3-4 years of choking I don't have any good reasons to think otherwise.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: