Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-17-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Your favorite Outkast album?

mystikal easily had the best verse on Neck of Da Woods and raekwon had the best verse on Skew It on the Bar B

outkast is another one of those "we rap about more than just gangster stuff so the underground overrates us like whoa" acts, similar to gza and common.

thats my word.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #17
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

ATLiens.
Stankonia.
Aquemini.
Southernplayalistcadillaccfunkymuzik.

Simply ATLiens was my favorite. My favorite individual songs came from Stankonia... and I didnt think Aquemini deserved to be in 4th. I don't look at Southernplaya as a "last" of anything though haha.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #18
MS_STARR
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MS_STARR has an OK reputation so far

southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymusik
MS_STARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 AM   #19
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
mystikal easily had the best verse on Neck of Da Woods and raekwon had the best verse on Skew It on the Bar B

outkast is another one of those "we rap about more than just gangster stuff so the underground overrates us like whoa" acts, similar to gza and common.

thats my word.
how is the underground overrating outkast? and common for that matter? they're up there with the most popular mainstream acts, which causes (dumb) underground fans to hate them.

gza has never changed his style... you're just a closeminded retard calling this good:

Quote:
Atlanta
And they play me cuz they know I bring the kinda xxxx you feelin
as I'm sayin it
I'm like the NBA sore thumb on pawn shop tech nine,�
xxxxx I'm known for jammin
Smoke Mary, Mary, Mary
Put a mean xxx flow on top of bad vocabulary
I bust through, intrude, move through distractions
Withstand hits and blows don't lose no traction
I threw a round off flip flop flip flop back at em
If a ***** comin clown then I'm going get the cannon
And the get God back
Knuckle up boy, don't be no ****ed boy�
Me and Guillotine we run some ****** in a big truck boy
Run flat boy, run that boy
xxxxx where I'm a send you you can't come back boy
I bring flames to a four alarm fire
I wash him up and ring him out and throw him in the dryer
I hit the door, I'm blowin him like southern band
And they always tryin to find something to say about the brother man
I invent em flip em and send em
Rhymes set you jumped like I poured King Cobra over ya
Guess what, this is a stick up
Give me back my xxxx before I start pickin bricks up
Garbage mc's better run for it
Don't come this way cuz you can't walk on this side of the yard, (?)
And respect me for takin it to em
So expect me to lay it down and represent my neck of the woods

You probably stop listening as soon as something makes sense.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #20
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
how is the underground overrating outkast? and common for that matter? they're up there with the most popular mainstream acts, which causes (dumb) underground fans to hate them.

gza has never changed his style... you're just a closeminded retard calling this good:

You probably stop listening as soon as something makes sense.

ur a geek and you like geek music
Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #21
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

starface dissing on outkast, common, and the genius? damn. don't see what's not to like about those dudes.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:39 AM   #22
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
starface dissing on outkast, common, and the genius? damn. don't see what's not to like about those dudes.

their music just isnt exciting. their subject matter is boring, they lack charisma (common and gza especially) and their lyrical talent isnt even half of what people pretend it is. they're just dull and boring and geeky.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #23
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
their music just isnt exciting. their subject matter is boring, they lack charisma (common and gza especially) and their lyrical talent isnt even half of what people pretend it is. they're just dull and boring and geeky.
i swear you've never listened to an outkast album. i buy that argument for common and gza, but not for outkast.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:04 AM   #24
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Stankonia FTW!!!
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #25
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was flipping channels today and saw Chingy (remember that kid?) on MTV2 answering music trivia questions. One of the questions was "name 3 Outkast albums." Dude couldn't do it. He lost all credibility (which wasn't much) he had.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #26
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
I need some help choosing what album to get next. I've never heard of southernplayalistic... but I heard it's different than their other albums. I also don't know if I want speakerboxxx/lovebelow or idlewild. I have not heard more than 5 songs from these other 3 albums. Which one should I get? Which one is the best one?

southernplayalistic for sure...

proof:

git up, git out

player's ball

crumblin 'erb (love this joint)

southernplayalistic
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #27
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I need some help choosing what album to get next. I've never heard of southernplayalistic... but I heard it's different than their other albums. I also don't know if I want speakerboxxx/lovebelow or idlewild. I have not heard more than 5 songs from these other 3 albums. Which one should I get? Which one is the best one?
go for southernplayalistic... it has a much more 'traditional' hip-hop sound to it. it's probably the most 'traditional' their sound has ever been.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #28
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I see. You're right. What do you think of their last two albums? I read somewhere that big boi's flow has changed a lot since he started.

'speakerboxxx/love below' is a solid album. 'idlewild' isn't great (or even good), but i don't really count it as an official 'kast album. big boi's flow has changed a little, but not as much as his lyricism. nowadays he's far more proficient than he was back in the day. hell, he out-wrote 3stacks (IMO) in 'royal flush' (a feat which he'd never previously achieved).
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really liked Love Below. Kinda different and jazzy, a really fun listen. Haven't tried out Speakerboxxx yet, although I've always been higher on Dre than BB.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #30
shighkin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

shighkin has an OK reputation so far

Gotta go with ATLiens overall, but their first four albums are all basically flawless. Speakerboxxx/Love Below have some great material but they're really hit and miss. Idlewild is great when it's the four songs where it's actually Dre and Big Boi rapping together, but other than that it's very pachy.

I'm excited for Big Boi's solo album that's going to drop sometime in Feb/March, the single "Royal Flush" is sick as hell. It's got Andre (actually rapping for a change) and Raekwon on it, so it's basically an Outkast song featuring Rae, which is pretty hard to go wrong with. Andre KILLS his verse.

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FUPPurcasM
shighkin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: