Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 12-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

What are your team and player observations so far?

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

And who has been disappointing?

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

McHale lacks front office/coaching IQ.

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

Jefferson is impressing me.

Love, but thats really on the coachs hands. He doesnt get the playing time he deserves.

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?

Uhh....get lots of picks because they defiantly arent going anywhere right now.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

We lack a certain level of toughness. We do not finish well. We lack focus and drive. We do not have a clear mission right now.

Craig Smith. The thing that makes him better, he understands his role on the team and he goes out every night and completes his tasks, plus a little bit more.

Mike Miller. Clearly the 2nd best player on our team. He has a career 40% 3pt shooting mark, and he will not shoot the ball. WT? He does not want to force shots. The 2nd best player on NBA teams CANNOT shoot the ball less than 15-17 times a game!

Going into the season I thought that we would be better, but clearly we are missing some pieces. We need players that are aggressive. We need defensive stoppers. We need players that want to be leaders and step up.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

[quote=JellyBean]What are your team and player observations so far?
Don't finish games. Play good through 3 quarters, within the lead, have the lead whatever. Lose the game in the 4th. Not tough/aggressive enough.

Foye is good sometimes, he is very up and down. Craig Smith has been great. Plays hard. Doesn't try to do to much. Drives to the hoop (unlike anybody else on the team.)

Mike Miller. Just doesn't take any shots! he is our second scorer ( should have been ) and he only takes 11 shots per game! i would really like to see him get it going

Need a decent center to go with Al. Need a coach who knows how to coach. Need a Front office. More aggressive. Need a point guard and move Foye to the 2 , which McHale just does not understand.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Our team is a disappointment. We lost Corey Brewer for one. That makes it impossible for us to stop dribble penetration and contest shots sometimes. Rashad McCants gaurding Carmelo Anthony is something I would never do.

Al Jefferson is doing a better job at stopping dribble penetration than he did last year, but we still need somebody big in the middle. Kevin Love isn't athletic enough to make stops in the middle like most would hope. He's pretty good, but if he was just a little more athletic it would go so far. I love the way he rebounds, I don't think there is anybody in the league with how limited he is athetlically (mainly hops) that can rebound like him on both ends.

We are getting better every game, even though there are a lot of growing pains. Randy Foye is getting to the line more than ever. Al Jefferson is actually starting to take stupid shots, not a good thiing. I don't blame him, but I wish he would kick it out and somebody would hit those jumpers that we aren't hitting.

We are lacking in defense, I think the offense would come easier if we could make more stops.

Quote:
Randy Foye, he is getting to the line and making good plays for other teammates. I think that Ryan Gomes is playing better, but sometimes I think he is doing things that I don't think he hardly is capable of. I've never seen Gomes take some of the crazy shots he has been taking around the basket.

Quote:
Mike Miler with the lack of shots. I think Rashad McCants has been the most disappointing. He has made bad decisions and has at this point, lost his shot. I think Rashad will get back into form, but I don't how soon. Damn inconsistent bum. He use to make his defenders dizzy, now you expect him to make a turnover if he takes his man one on one.

Quote:
I don't think we absolutely need a trade this season, but maybe next season or somebody in free agency.

We need a defensive change and a rise in morale.

Continue the growing process. I don't think Ollie should even be playing.

A top 3 pick is what I'm looking for right now.

We need a coach that is good and stays with the team, whether that is McHale? I don't know.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: