Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

Default Luel Deng vs Marvin Williams?

I currently have both Deng and Williams but im thinking of dropping Deng for Magette ...or should I drop Marvin instead ?and have Deng and magette?
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Re: Luel Deng vs Marvin Williams?

I'd probably rather own Williams, long term. This year he's providing similar pts, boards, ft%, steals, blocks and fg%, but has added another dimension with at least one three per.

The bigger question probably is, who's more valuable, Maggette or Deng/Williams? Owning Maggette in a non-contract year is a nightmare, as we've already seen. It sounds crazy, but a healthy Deng/Williams will probably offer more than a banged-up Maggette in the long run. But since Maggette has so much more upside, I still give the nod to him obviously.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

again, i'm from the cbs format so i'm not sure how these guys stand up in 8 cat leagues, but I think I would go with Deng and Maggette, a little duplication certainly but I think that Deng is a bigger part of the Bulls offense and has been coming on lately after a horrible start. Marvin Williams hasn't done much since Josh Smith returned from injury and that Atlanta front court gets a little crowded when it comes to fantasy production with Smith, Horford, and Williams (and a decent array of subs)... plus joe cool and mike bibby... just doesn't seem like there's a ton of numbers for Marvin. Same argument could be made for the bulls and deng but Deng is clearly a bigger focal point of the bulls and I would stick with him.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

Thanks for all of your opinions ...But why im so iffy about getting Magette , is couple games before his injury he has been putting up some solid numbers,my only scare with picking him up is we all know how serious knee injury's can be..Hell! one of the guys in my league wants to trade Dwight Howard for Amare,who I currently have..but Dwights knee soreness scares me,U never know it can maybe act up during the course of the season as terrific as he's been playing it could be a risk on my end.especially of how good Stoudamire has looked recently.With Williams he's had 2 off nights when he couldn't buy a bucket..hopefully he can bounce back ..ill give him couple games then make my decision closer to when magette comes back..thanks again.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:17 AM   #5
runningdonut
Learning to shoot layups

Don't trade Amare for Dwight, even in a H2H league which I'm assuming it is. As far as the topic I'm going to say go with Deng/Maggette
runningdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: