Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default golden state a new threat??

As we all know, u don't need a new player 2 improve, last season our only significant additions were Kwame + Phil (smush wasn't considered signifacant), but expectations 4 the Lakers increased drmatically, w/ Golden State, n Nelly @ the helm sayin he's gonna play Murphy @ 5, n have like his old Dallas team, do u guys think that GSW can threaten our playoff hopes???....especially w/ changes not out of the question as they still have thier MLE I think....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

yes
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

I been hearing the Warriors were going to be good this year, yes they are better. but if this was the east, they may have chance to make the play-off. But don't see them doing anything in the west. But I know nothing of their rookies I just been comparing stats. I was surprise to see Fisher going to Utah. After seeing Fisher watching a few Laker's game with Phil, I thought maybe he might be trying to get back. I now am wondering is it possible for a Boozer Fisher trade to LA. Maybe for Milm Cook Parker and throw in Mckie and Von for fun.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #4
dblockallstars

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
I now am wondering is it possible for a Boozer Fisher trade to LA. Maybe for Milm Cook Parker and throw in Mckie and Von for fun.

Boozer makes like 12mil, fish like 6 so the #'s wouldn't work
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Boozer makes like 12mil, fish like 6 so the #'s wouldn't work

Salaries aside, there's no way Utah makes that deal anyway, unless Odom or one of the young C's are involved.

Possibly one, but even trying to get Booze would be a stretch for what we would be willing to give up. Now Fish is a different story, and it might be possible to pry him away. Unlikely, but possible.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know that you dont need to have good off season moves to get better but IMO i think Baron Davis is hindering the growth of their younger players and they wont win if he keeps taking shots.

yes he averages many assists but does he honestly make others better?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation
Default GS

It really depends on what Baron Davis is there. The newly traded Davis that had the warriors winning the second half of the season right after he got traded.. the guy who was doing it all scoring, passing and yes making that team better and those around him.
Or the Davis that bickered with coaches and Dunleavy, and Diogu.. calling dunleavy a woman and saying Diogu needing to catch the passes he tosses and that the rook can't score. That Davis caused much of Golden states trouble to get going out the gate and into the season.

I know I had higher expectations of GS last year due to how they seemed to mesh right after the Trade to get Baron there. They were hitting on all cylinders and looked ready to take a step to the next level with the right players signed or traded in.
Unfortunately they seem to have gotten somewhat stuck as always when they draft . Their center is out untilt he 12th game of the season. I dont know the rest of their picks.. but with NEllie.. he can go small and somehow make it work.
I think they can come in at the 8th or 7th spot if teams sleep on them .
The same ( i think we may go as high as 6th or if the team gels well ) spots we may end up at if we dont watch it or get injured along the way.

(sorry if it is ranting or long.. work graveyards and have not slept!)
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
traditionone

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

If I had a nickle for each time I heard, "Golden State is going to be good this year," I would richer than Bill freakin' Gates. They're one of those teams that have to prove they can win before we should view them as a serious playoff threat.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
If I had a nickle for each time I heard, "Golden State is going to be good this year," I would richer than Bill freakin' Gates. They're one of those teams that have to prove they can win before we should view them as a serious playoff threat.

Very true!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know baron is a good player and i thought he was great but when you look at his face during the games he always look like he isnt really interested in being there.

he needs to be a pass first if his team is going anywhere this season.

He does pass but the only way they can compete is if everyone else has a chance to do something.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

GSW is a threat this season...
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:59 PM   #12
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

GSW are the second worst team in the West this season, their chemistry is horrible, their defense is horrible, their frontline is horrible, they have no depth, Baron is a chucker. How is this team a threat? What Don Nelson?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #13
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

fan_since_85 has an OK reputation so far

They are a threat believe it!! They already had the talent, now they've got a system. If not this year, next year they go to the playoffs.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #14
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation
Default GS

"GSW are the second worst team in the West this season, their chemistry is horrible, their defense is horrible, their frontline is horrible, they have no depth"

The same was said of LA last year. We had no frontcourt.. no bench no defense and a ballhog named Kobe.... Still We got in the playoffs and at least went seven games before bowing out using a system that Phil had working until Kwame's accusation of rape. Then it all seeemed to hit the fan. The players just seemed to miss open shots that we were hitting before, and Tim thomas was grinning like a goat as he nailed open and guarded threes. DAmn that dude killed us. It just wasnt meant to be.

They can be a good team.. Just depends like everything for every team. Work and desire. Hustle will beat talent most of the time.

Also GS has a away of beating us look at the times we had the more dominant teams in shaq and kobe and they still got wins over us. .. they are one of many rivals and love to beat us as we are in state rivals. Just like Sacrmaneto is.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:11 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
As we all know, u don't need a new player 2 improve, last season our only significant additions were Kwame + Phil (smush wasn't considered signifacant), but expectations 4 the Lakers increased drmatically, w/ Golden State, n Nelly @ the helm sayin he's gonna play Murphy @ 5, n have like his old Dallas team, do u guys think that GSW can threaten our playoff hopes???....especially w/ changes not out of the question as they still have thier MLE I think....

I for one, have never been a Nelly fan, so that aside, yes, they could be a threat. It will all depend on how that team blends together. In recent years, they have shown promise, but seem to have faded for one reason or another....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: