Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default How did Vinnie get the coaching job?

I am just wondering how in the world did Del Negro, a former player with absolutely no coaching experience except doing some assistant job at the Suns mgt get to coach the Bulls. Chicago just gambled on an assistant, Jim Bolan and lost, how did Vinnie wow and convinced Paxson and the Bulls owners? Did he used a magic talisman, wear that nice tie and expensive suit, looked them straight in the eyes and promised to be the next Phil Jackson, change the losing mindset to a winning culture, bring some psychology experts or indian chiefs or voodoos or whomever, devise some great strategies, a thick winning playbook with 100 setplays etc?
Im watching them right now vs the Clips and see ABSOLUTELY NO IMPROVEMENT!!!.
Same problems, no offensive continuity or flow, no picks, no crisp cuts etc, jump shot after jump shot, standing around, just pass around the perimeter and some one on one plays like a simple scrimmage. Atleast under Skiles they were playing tough defense, now even that is gone.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: How did Vinnie get the coaching job?

I'm not going to start blaming Vinnie for the Bulls problems just yet. Let's wait and see what he can do with a team that has real talent first before we really start to criticize him.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I'm not going to start blaming Vinnie for the Bulls problems just yet. Let's wait and see what he can do with a team that has real talent first before we really start to criticize him.

REAL TALENT? ARe you kidding me? Derrick Rose, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Nocioni, Hughes, Gooden are all very talented that ill take them agains't the likes of the Bobcats, Hawks, Pacers, Wizards, Knicks etc etc. Especially the BENCH!!! Take one like Nocioni plus Thomas, Noah, Gray, Sefolosha, these guys can really play and give you tough defense, pts, rebounds, and again ill take them over the bench of the teams I previously mentioned. I mean, can you even name the bench of the bobcats?Wizards?Knicks?Nets?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
REAL TALENT? ARe you kidding me? Derrick Rose, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Nocioni, Hughes, Gooden are all very talented that ill take them agains't the likes of the Bobcats, Hawks, Pacers, Wizards, Knicks etc etc. Especially the BENCH!!! Take one like Nocioni plus Thomas, Noah, Gray, Sefolosha, these guys can really play and give you tough defense, pts, rebounds, and again ill take them over the bench of the teams I previously mentioned. I mean, can you even name the bench of the bobcats?Wizards?Knicks?Nets?
..no, but i bet if we lived in charlotte, washington or new jersey we could . no one knows about thabo or probably even noce other than bulls fans .

anyway, VDN got the job because paxsons the GM . any more questions?
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

The only two players worth keeping right now are Rose and Gordon. The rest of the players you mention are awful.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
The only two players worth keeping right now are Rose and Gordon. The rest of the players you mention are awful.

Well then, if that is true
1. How in the world did they qualify for the playoffs 2-3 yrs ago with basically the same make up?
2. If that is true Should they fire Paxson then? He got all these players, signed Deng and Nocioni to expensive contracts, gave up Joe Smith, Ben Wallace for Hughes and Gooden. Had High draft picks and acquire Thomas, Gray and Noah.
If they are awful, how good is the lineup of the lowly teams like the Bobcats, Grizzlies, Bucks that beat them. I honestly think thier roster is stronger than the Hawks and Nets, teams above them in the standings.
Heck, this lineup is even better than they had 2-3 yrs ago, when they qualified for the playoffs.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

That's when they actually played as a team under Scott Skiles and has a couple of decent big men in Ben Wallace and PJ Brown. The core of Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Nocioni gave up last season and quit playing defense, quit playing as a team and gave up on Scott Skiles.

The team has talent but they're not a good team together. Luol Deng would be really good as the third option on a lot of great teams. Ben Gordon would be a great 6th man on a lot of teams, Nocioni would be a solid player on any team, the Bulls don't need Kirk Hinrich since thye have Rose. It's time to break up the team and rebuild around Rose.

The only team they're better than in that list is the Bobcats other than that the Bucks and Grizzlies > the Bulls.

This lineup is nowhere near better than the lineup they had 2-3 years ago. Back in 2006 when they made the playoffs they had Tyson Chandler and like I said they all wanted to play, chase after loose balls, played tough defense, etc. In 2007 they had Ben Wallace, PJ Brown, Luol Deng (was playing much better than he is now), Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich (who, like Deng, was playing much better than he did all of the 2008 season.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 12-19-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
dak121
College superstar

Del Negro got the job because he was cheap. Not because he 'vibed' with Paxson, not because he was in the Suns organization for a few years, not because he has good hair.

He's cheap.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #9
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
That's when they actually played as a team under Scott Skiles and has a couple of decent big men in Ben Wallace and PJ Brown. The core of Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Nocioni gave up last season and quit playing defense, quit playing as a team and gave up on Scott Skiles.

The team has talent but they're not a good team together. Luol Deng would be really good as the third option on a lot of great teams. Ben Gordon would be a great 6th man on a lot of teams, Nocioni would be a solid player on any team, the Bulls don't need Kirk Hinrich since thye have Rose. It's time to break up the team and rebuild around Rose.

The only team they're better than in that list is the Bobcats other than that the Bucks and Grizzlies > the Bulls.

This lineup is nowhere near better than the lineup they had 2-3 years ago. Back in 2006 when they made the playoffs they had Tyson Chandler and like I said they all wanted to play, chase after loose balls, played tough defense, etc. In 2007 they had Ben Wallace, PJ Brown, Luol Deng (was playing much better than he is now), Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich (who, like Deng, was playing much better than he did all of the 2008 season.

So they used to play hard, and isn't that part of coaching? for the coach to motivate them to play hard and together?
About having better big men, I disagree, Yes Ben Wallace and Chandler played great defense, but they had also glaring limitations offensively. Gooden is pretty solid, so are the likes of Noah, Thomas, Gray etc. Last year, they still had Ben and Joe Smith and yet they couldn't win with BOTH Skiles and Bolan, now they all are gone, Noah, Thomas and Gray are a year older and wiser, you have Gooden etc, and they still couldn't win. What im trying to get at is they needed to good coach to put it all together. Im not saying they should be contending, but they have so many good pieces esp compared to the likes of the Pacers, Bobcats, Hawks, Knicks, Twolves, Grizz etc. Heck do you know who is the starting PF of Miami Heat? You know their center is the 6-8 Haslem, right?These pieces are good enough that the Grizz were willing to give up Gasol for a couple of them.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
..no, but i bet if we lived in charlotte, washington or new jersey we could . no one knows about thabo or probably even noce other than bulls fans .

anyway, VDN got the job because paxsons the GM . any more questions?

Just to let you know that I live in Southern California and I know most players including Thabo and Noce.
If Noce is "unknown" and worthless, why sign him for an expensive contract?
They have good pieces, that the Grizz were willing to give up Pau Gasol for Gordon and Deng... but then again, you probably don't know Gasol since you don't live in Memphis :-)

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 12-20-2008 at 04:11 AM. Reason: I want to add some more comments
Old 12-20-2008, 04:13 AM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Del Negro got the job because he was cheap. Not because he 'vibed' with Paxson, not because he was in the Suns organization for a few years, not because he has good hair.

He's cheap.

How ironic that you get a cheap coach and you PAY DEARLY FOR IT.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:10 AM   #12
postmupndunkit
BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ

He's Rod Blagojevich's 2nd cousin
postmupndunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #13
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
So they used to play hard, and isn't that part of coaching? for the coach to motivate them to play hard and together?
About having better big men, I disagree, Yes Ben Wallace and Chandler played great defense, but they had also glaring limitations offensively. Gooden is pretty solid, so are the likes of Noah, Thomas, Gray etc. Last year, they still had Ben and Joe Smith and yet they couldn't win with BOTH Skiles and Bolan, now they all are gone, Noah, Thomas and Gray are a year older and wiser, you have Gooden etc, and they still couldn't win. What im trying to get at is they needed to good coach to put it all together. Im not saying they should be contending, but they have so many good pieces esp compared to the likes of the Pacers, Bobcats, Hawks, Knicks, Twolves, Grizz etc. Heck do you know who is the starting PF of Miami Heat? You know their center is the 6-8 Haslem, right?These pieces are good enough that the Grizz were willing to give up Gasol for a couple of them.

The coach is the one who should motivate them and get them to play but these are the same players who came out in public and stated that they gave up on Scott Skiles. It's their fault not Skiles' or Del Negro's.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #14
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

Ben gordon still has to go unless we can get him cheap Deng is starting to warm up this season thank god. think about this Gordon = 25 - 30 shots and 25 - 30 points a night. Someone like Dwane wade we can get him in 2010. if he does not sign an extension this summer. With someone like wade with 25 - 30 shots he is gonna get like 40 points+

See where im comming from? if we keep him we gotta be able to add that C Scoring peice in 2010 or it just wont work for the bulls.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:55 AM   #15
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:

Please dont use "keep" and "Ben Gordon" in the same sentence, yeah he can shoot, get you 20 a game, but man, he gives 20 back with his poor defense and dillydally ball dribbling/turnovers while still throwing up a fadeaway jumpshot, with at least one of his teammates wide open rolling their eyes...Team needs points unfortunately, which inflates the value of Gordon way too much
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: