Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #16
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default ReL

but boy... if you hate this game AppleNader, then stay away from the NBA Streets games
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #17
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
but boy... if you hate this game AppleNader, then stay away from the NBA Streets games

Ya think?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #18
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

see the thing with NBA Street games is they are basically NBA Jam and admit it. Live pretends to be a real basketball game which is FAR from the truth. I HATE that Sega stopped making 2k for Gamecube b/c now i am forced to play live. whats worse is Live 06 is a worse game than 05 simply b/c they combined the allyoop button with the one that brings up the passing icons. so now when i want to select a specific player to pass to (the computer makes the WORST passes), half the time they try to do an ally from the 3 point line.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re:

the gamebreakers are a funny concept but....

it defies physics.

a guy leaps up into the air at rim level, then does about 4 tricks before passing it to the next guy who repeats,then repeats, then slams it down and poses as his signature is written.

like I said. fun concept and fun to play.

but not realistic.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #20
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
see the thing with NBA Street games is they are basically NBA Jam and admit it. Live pretends to be a real basketball game which is FAR from the truth. I HATE that Sega stopped making 2k for Gamecube b/c now i am forced to play live. whats worse is Live 06 is a worse game than 05 simply b/c they combined the allyoop button with the one that brings up the passing icons. so now when i want to select a specific player to pass to (the computer makes the WORST passes), half the time they try to do an ally from the 3 point line.

so, how does it know when you want to alley-oop and when you want to pass to a specific player? Is it just random?
Old 06-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

its pretty much random as far as I can tell. theres no option to switch it unless im a complete moron and the crappy 4 page instruction book offers no help either.

i also may not be able to figure out how to change b/c i can generally only stomach one 8 minute quarter game at a time.

hell the other thing that BLOWS about Live is they release the damn thing so early that the rosters are crazy wrong. it took me forever just to put guys on their proper teams. and im not talking about mid season after trades, im talking like the day the thing was released it was already completely wrong.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #22
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
its pretty much random as far as I can tell. theres no option to switch it unless im a complete moron and the crappy 4 page instruction book offers no help either.

i also may not be able to figure out how to change b/c i can generally only stomach one 8 minute quarter game at a time.

hell the other thing that BLOWS about Live is they release the damn thing so early that the rosters are crazy wrong. it took me forever just to put guys on their proper teams. and im not talking about mid season after trades, im talking like the day the thing was released it was already completely wrong.

Hell, you need to get the PC version. At least you can download roster updates
Old 06-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #23
kentatm
NBA Legend

i might should but i hate playing games like that on my computer. i do however like first person shooters and RTS games on PC FAR FAR FAR better than on consoles. screw Halo, that thing is weak sauce compared to the shooters on the PC.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #24
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

I used to play 2k, 2k1, 2k2 on dreamcast. That was the bomb because you can play 4 players n u have a real good player control. i play live on ps2 N psp because I just got used to it. I didnt like 2k on ps2 during 03 n havent played it in a while.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #25
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

btw, here's an update on my Live 06 Dynasty:

1. Tim Duncan gets invited to the slam dunk competition.
2. Tim's 25-11-4-3 statline isn't enough to get MVP consideration, yet Lebrons 30-6-4 on a losing team is.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend

thats Live in a nutshell
Old 06-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #27
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

You want to know why Live sucks?

I was playing Allstar weekend mode with my friend. He was the Eastern Allstars and I was the West. I was down 25pnts in the 3rd quarter, then I subbed in Ray Allen and Peja and I won by 3 points. I hit 31 three-pointers. Its just not realistic.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #28
jn2rons
Kids at the park dunk on me

jn2rons has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

You young bucs are too damn picky. And your the first ones to complain when they make a system, trying to capture as much realism as possible for $4-500.

Go and play some Double Dribble, Arch Rival, Jordan vs. Bird, or the "Original" NBA Live- Lakers vs. Celtic!!! <-- CLASSIC!!!

Enjoy the game for what it is...not for what it isn't!

Sick of Madden too? I love it, but this is how I used to get down!! Everybody in the neigborhood had their own teams...

Used to tweak the bases so that they ran a certain way...

Custom Players

Still complaining?
jn2rons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #29
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I was playing Allstar weekend mode with my friend. He was the Eastern Allstars and I was the West. I was down 25pnts in the 3rd quarter, then I subbed in Ray Allen and Peja and I won by 3 points. I hit 31 three-pointers. Its just not realistic.

You know you can make 3-point shooting harder....right?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #30
usama123
The Answer!

usama123 has decent reputationusama123 has decent reputation

live i think is better
usama123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: