Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #31
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

ignores live hate, while shooting 30 transition three pointers and win with 120 points.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #32
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

junwin has decent reputation

playing 2k series is sh!t house, every time u do a move the computer decides they are gary payton and just rips it off u. most unco bball game ever
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #33
PureElement
Local High School Star

Live gets hated too much on what its not. A basketball simulation. Its a basketball game for christ sake. Live emphasizes the amazing moments of basketball. The dunks, the outlet passes. The transition threes. The posterizations. The huge blocks. The AND1s. The ankle breakers. I don't want to play 2 min quarters of "realistic" shyt, where the score is like 10. I want a fast paced fun game. EA offers it, and its fuking successful despite the hate.Hell the other franchises are all the same. Madden, NHL 06. *** baseball I don't care about baseball.

seriously who here plays more then 2-3 min quarters, if you do, you really need a life. People play live for 8 mins. Go do something else. I don't see why they even put the option of having a real full game, no one is gonna spend 48 mins playing a match.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #34
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Live N 2K both are good games, jsut depends on which one ur used to.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #35
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

The last Live I owned was '05, and I was able to get a pretty good NBA simulation going when I messed around with the sliders enough. You've got to turn blocks and steals way down, and turn fouls up. The biggest flaw after that was the complete lack of a transition game.

I'll just read all the reviews in '07, and buy whichever one looks best. Unlike the rest of you guys, I don't form my opinion before the game is even developed.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #36
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watch EA buy the NBA license too.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #37
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
The person who decided to replace the "post-up" feature with the "superstar modes" needs to be executed. Seriously.

Worst. Decision. Ever.

Wait a minute wait a minute, are you trying to tell me, that Live doesn't have a post up game, and only a "superstar mode?" :confused:
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #38
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

2k6 takes a giant steaming shit on Live.

I constantly got pissed playing Live because it was so frustrating to even try to run a fast break. Guys simply do not run the break realistically, and they have to turn and stop running to catch a damn pass. That is completely retarded.

On the other hand, I am constantly stopping 2k6 to look at a replay of real life basketball being perfectly recreated in a videogame. It also seems like every time I play I see something I had never noticed before. The only major changes I would ask for in the 2k series are to make the ball get stolen more often when you try to put a ton of moves on a guy, and to make more dunks get blocked. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect to me.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #39
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Wait a minute wait a minute, are you trying to tell me, that Live doesn't have a post up game, and only a "superstar mode?" :confused:

You have to set your controls to have your bigman back down and do post moves. Check the NBA live forums, I believe you have to alter a few files to do so.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #40
PureElement
Local High School Star

stop exaggerating 2k6, its more realistic then live, but its still crap if you compare it to the real game.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #41
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
stop exaggerating 2k6, its more realistic then live, but its still crap if you compare it to the real game.

You are expecting too much, my friend. It may be impossible to ever duplicate the real game on a console. 2K > Live in realism. 2K has many of the basketball mechanics down, while Live is still stuck the NBA JAM brand of video game. At least 2K is taking the right steps towards stimulating real NBA, by motion capping the shooting motions of 200+ players and all that good stuff.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #42
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
You are expecting too much, my friend. It may be impossible to ever duplicate the real game on a console. 2K > Live in realism. 2K has many of the basketball mechanics down, while Live is still stuck the NBA JAM brand of video game. At least 2K is taking the right steps towards stimulating real NBA, by motion capping the shooting motions of 200+ players and all that good stuff.

Thats great if you play a whole game. But in 2 min quarters, its sooooo boring. You get scores similar to what you would get in real life, but thats not fun.

EA has always produced arcade style games. Fifa, Madden, NHL, you can run up the score with all of them. But its fun for short games.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:23 AM   #43
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Oh hell, you can adjust anything you want on Live. It's not that big of a deal. You can turn off the superstar mode, you can adjust the computer AI, and you can adjust your own setting as to how easy or hard you want it to be to make shots, get rebounds and so forth. It took me about 1 day to really figure out where I wanted everything, and I've made it to the point that I actually get competition from the computer.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #44
Walt Young
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Walt Young has an OK reputation so far

And on Live 06 do the arenas really have to be that dark?! Its an NBA arena not a movie theatre.
Walt Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #45
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
You have to set your controls to have your bigman back down and do post moves. Check the NBA live forums, I believe you have to alter a few files to do so.

I noticed that when I was playing too, pretty pissed. I like both though

Live- more arcade like, fast paced
2K- tad more realistic (I like the Shot Stick)

In Live though it can be pretty cheap. The special skills such as the power and fancy dunking "always" goes in. I get games where me and my buddy shoot 85% from the field. Unstable at best.

Last edited by albertpujols : 06-12-2006 at 01:38 AM.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: