Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: That's it FIRE COLANGELO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
This is the major problem. There is obviously a flawed roster. If people call you and or you call other teams and they want Bargs...you give it to them. You have to find a way to stop the bleeding right now. Bargs is never gonna reach his potential with Bosh here so trade him and get something the experiment is over and it was a colossal failure. If we keep Colangelo around that means were stuck another season and then he gets the draft which up till now he's ****ed up. So by firing him you show the team that everyone from top to bottom is held accountable for mistakes including BC. I definitely don't trust him drafting another player for our team at this point.

The best way to stop the bleeding is to fire a two-time executive of the year GM mid season, in the middle of a 5 year contract.

You sir, are a genius.

Change your nick to 'knee jerk'.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Humphries for Arujo. There's one great move.

I''m glad you aren't running the Raptors.
It was a good move but we're not talking about Kwame for Gasol here... We got a decent role player and a hard worker, but not a game changer.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #18
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
It was a good move but we're not talking about Kwame for Gasol here... We got a decent role player and a hard worker, but not a game changer.

If we wouldve drafted iguodala in the first place we would be talking about championships and not rafael araujo
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #19
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes...do people really think BC is doing nothing? Please.

My biggest concern with BC is the Bargs thing. You need to admit mistakes and move on, but ego comes into play and it's hurting us. He quickly shipped out TJ which made me have hope b/c he brought in TJ....but the same hasn't happened with Bargs.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #20
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

You guys are exaggerating.This is one loss. You will see Oklahoma win a game against bigger teams than us. Ones with winning records. We aren't a great team so stop crying and move on. I know that, trades don't come in an instant. They take time. You need to look at a teams needs and accomplish the goal. We needed a Center, he got us a center. We need a SF, and in due time he will get us that SF. But until then, don't expect championship from this team. We weren't looking at a championship when the season started, we aren't looking at one now.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #21
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
We don't know what is going on behind the scenes...do people really think BC is doing nothing? Please.

My biggest concern with BC is the Bargs thing. You need to admit mistakes and move on, but ego comes into play and it's hurting us. He quickly shipped out TJ which made me have hope b/c he brought in TJ....but the same hasn't happened with Bargs.

I have to agree with you, but further more, what do the Raptors have as trade assets at this point? If you guys agree that only Bosh, Calderon and O'neal are untouchables, what do you guys expect to get in return for Parker, Graham, Kapono, Moon, Humps and Bargs? Unfortunatly, if I'm a NBA GM, I wouldn't trade one of my 2 top players for any package the Raptors would offer me. I'd be looking at sending second and third stringers for the few expirers the Raps have. So where's the upgrade?

No one aside from Bosh has played quality basketball this year, Calderon and O'Neal have helped out in key departements but Jose's defense and O'Neal's offense have been sub-par. Having below average wing players has hurt the teams chances on any given night. Yes, Colangelo desperatly has to make trade, but he has to find another teams willing to part with a top player.

I'm also getting quite worried about BC's man-crush on bargs...
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #22
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Colangelo is the best thing to ever happen to the Raps
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
Thank you!..thought I'd have to change my avatar for a second..

I wouldn't put too much blame on BC. It's more the product on the court that isn't living up to expectations.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #24
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Thank you!..thought I'd have to change my avatar for a second..

I wouldn't put too much blame on BC. It's more the product on the court that isn't living up to expectations.

I agree 100%, for what BC has to work with, he's done a good job. Yes drafting Bargs hasnt been a instant homerun, but it was the weakest draft in years. The only thing that BC didnt do that has hurt the Raps more than we thought it would, is not signing Delfino.

Firing BC would set this franchise back years I think. I say, stick with it for the long haul and see what becomes. But as this year continues, trading Bosh seems like an inevitability.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
I agree 100%, for what BC has to work with, he's done a good job. Yes drafting Bargs hasnt been a instant homerun, but it was the weakest draft in years. The only thing that BC didnt do that has hurt the Raps more than we thought it would, is not signing Delfino.

Firing BC would set this franchise back years I think. I say, stick with it for the long haul and see what becomes. But as this year continues, trading Bosh seems like an inevitability.

They will never trade Bosh and it is not an inevitability. He is showing passion and frustration which means he wants the team to get better and play harder. It's a good thing he is still playing hard and showing that he actually cares how the Raptors are doing. I would agree that he might leave in 2010 if we continue to play poorly, but there is no way management would trade the centerpiece of the team and the ONLY player really playing well (Excluding the game against Dallas). A lot of changes need to be made around him, but an Anthony Parker for Earl Watson trade that I was reading about earlier probably is not the answer . BC is working the phones, he said he is open to making deals. I just got over waiting for Bargnani, I can see the potential this kid has but I don't know if he will ever put it all together. We need to get something for him, Parker and Kapono while they still have some value.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #26
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Humphries for Arujo. There's one great move.

I''m glad you aren't running the Raptors.

If I was running the Raps we'd be a lot better of right now. Sorry I should have specified one significant move. Hoffa for Araujo good move of no significance. How many mins has he played this year? that's what I thought. Anymore bright remarks?lol
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #27
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan

we dont know that. BC is not making a knee jerk movement but that doesn't mean he is not going to make a trade that makes us better. Getting JO was a good move but we all knew his health issues just like we knew TJ's. BC will trade away Bargs if the right pieces are brought back.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #28
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool

I agree. I am glad we dont have a knee jerk GM that ends up screwing the raps for years on end just to please childish stupid raptor fans that do not understand the ethics and the complexities of running a sports franchise. Lets face it, most of these people suggesting stupid things like trading away Bosh and firing BC are impatient kids.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #29
TheGame
Serious playground baller

TheGame has an OK reputation so far

Bad idea, do you really see anyone capable taking over besides BC? BC's the one who brought us back to the playoffs and you guys are ready to give up so fast. Raptor's have a terrible history of stupid GMs. The Babcock era still haunts me at night.
TheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #30
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Theres one really disturbing thing that I realized when thinking about Andrea Bargnani.

Maurizio Gheradini.

He was Andrea's GM in Europe when he played there, and when Colangelo hired him to be his assistant, any thought of the Raptor's not picking Bargnani in the draft were silly.

This leads me to beleive that as long as Gheradini (and Colangelo) are in Toronto, Bargnani will be in Toronto. I can't really see Colangelo trading Bargnani because it almost seems as though Bargnani and Gheradini have become a package-deal, not to mention the fact that he would be admitting his failure.

Recently, Gheradini joined the Canadian Men's National Basketball Program's "Council of Excellence" (As an Italian.. weird?), which is seen to be a multi-year process, at least until the next Olympic games in 2012. That keeps him at least in Canada for that long, and I don't think there is a possibility of a GM firing his assistant (have we ever seen a Head Coach fire an Assistant?), especially since he has basically made Canada his new home.

Basically what I'm saying is unless MLSE fires Colangelo (which would be a HUGE mistake, even with the Bargnani situation) or he resigns, Gheradini will be here, and so will Bargnani.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: