Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default hateraid's 8K: Giving back to ISH, just in time for Christmas

Man, it's been a while since I had a post party. I think the last one was at 6K about a year ago. Lol, I was hitting the K marks every 3 months, now it's getting into the years.

For this post party I'ma be like Dr.Phil and spit out knowledge to people seeking advice. Whether it be about kicks, supplements, ball, or life in general. No politics! I'm an old fart here so I got plenty to say and alot of experience.

Or if you like just post anything. I got to go to work but I'll go through all when I get back.

Joyful all ye nations wide.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: hateraid's 8K: Giving back to ISH, just in time for Christmas

What's your favorite seafood recipe?

As a parent, how difficult is it to strike a balance with giving the Mrs. and the jits the proper amount of attention?

Why aren't there Philipino women in Florida?
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

congrat hateraid i don't look up to many posters but you're one of them.

I have been gaining a lot of weight in the mid-section lately all this WHILE working out 5 days a week and I can't figure out why. I'm trying different routines, high rep low weights and vice versa. I guess my question is, if i start taking protein now it will probably get worse right? how about glutamine?

also I'm a finance grad that couldn't get a job, give me some dr..phil words please lol.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

merry christmas!
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

So I've been bench pressing lately trying to get ready for the military but the only place I've been feeling sore is in my shoulders. Am I doing something wrong?
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33

I have been gaining a lot of weight in the mid-section lately all this WHILE working out 5 days a week and I can't figure out why. I'm trying different routines, high rep low weights and vice versa. I guess my question is, if i start taking protein now it will probably get worse right? how about glutamine?

also I'm a finance grad that couldn't get a job, give me some dr..phil words please lol.

1. Lifting 5 times a week can be too much stress on your body. Cut it down to 4 or less. Mix in some interval cardio.

2. Diet. I have no idea what you are eating but it probably is a lot of processed stuff. Abs are made in the kitchen. Taking a single supplement won't solve the problem.

3. Add some explosive lifts, cleans, snatches, lunges, etc. It'll burn more calories as you're lifting, build calorie burning muscle faster, and keep your metabolism running high hours after you've left the gym.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

to one of the classy gentlemen of ish! you seem like a younger ish-brother to me i have been reading your posts for two and a half years now...

ok here are a couple of questions:
  • what makes you stand back, shake your head in disbelief and just say, "daaaammn!!"?
  • what is the most important educational experience that you would want your kids to have?
  • is hersey hawkins still coaching?
  • what is more impressive to you: someone who could bench twice his weight or squat three and half times his weight?
  • are you satisfied thusfar with the elton brand trade?
  • i am about 6 posts away from 6k, should i make one of these "celebration threads" or just have a couple of shots of scotch and post crap about the okc inbreeders?
there were a couple of political ones, but i respect your initial request

Last edited by RainierBeachPoet : 12-20-2008 at 04:19 PM.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

* cracks knuckles*

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
What's your favorite seafood recipe?

It starts from mussels.

Have a pot of water and let it bubbble up. Let a half pound of mussels stew.

Coconut juice
Ginger
chopped onion
lemmon grass
salt

let it brew

for some substance put some spinach in and slice ginger. I'll make it right for you. triangle, vouch now.

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #10
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
As a parent, how difficult is it to strike a balance with giving the Mrs. and the jits the proper amount of attention?

Brother, it's prayer. Religious or fundementals. Even if it's not from the literal sense, it's togetheness.

I love my son. It's my spawn. There is so much influemce to how my son is brought up, but at the end of the day it's what me and wifey sets at the table.
I have my views of the world. So does my wife. She influences the way she sees things, but so do I. As much as I see things get placed in his face, ultimately, my love which is my wife instills the words, but I set him straight. It's a big responsibilty to the parent to set the blocks. Mom and dad, remember.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Should I start a 3k thread? (lol, pointless question).

I just have one question:What's your Christmas wish?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #12
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

Why aren't there Philipino women in Florida?

Why FL when there's Hawaii?

There's so much more oppurtunity in LA, Vancouver, Seattle, and Canada in a whole. Go where the oppurtunity is. In the 70's, Winnipeg had a huge textile community. Big money and easy acsesss to NA. Same with Houston. As a filipino, bring as much as you can get. In the USof A we're trying to get the pie. My education brings me where I am right now. Money sets the place for my familia. Bur the great thing is, the harder you work, the better your status. Sorry mums.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33

bk, you are a competitor of every league there is. An easy explenation...

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #14
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Should I start a 3k thread? (lol, pointless question).

I just have one question:What's your Christmas wish?

It's a public board. Let me be the first to bid u ....

This Christmas, like the last 3, it's all about my son. Christmas is not about a date, it's about what u give to other to make them happy. Isaac is happy every year, Let the people decide where the heart is.

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

I was actually thinking of making a thread on this question, but this might be a way to get a sensible answer. I've been noticing a lot of threads, and a lot of posts on players heights.

And obviously my question is, does it matter all that much if you're an inch or two shorter than other players? Do you personally think it's a big deal to be an undersized power forward; or even better, an undersized power forward with more heart than these conventional 'proper size' power forwards? Or, even being a 6'4 guard playing the two-spot, but having an amazing wingspan?

To put it simply, is height overrated in basketball?

And another thing. I think the other major overreaction on ISH is determining a players position on the court. I really think sometimes it gets out of hand. For example, the other day, I read through a thread which included Tim Duncan, and somebody mentioned Duncan being a C, whilst others say PF - this went on for about 15 pages. That's unbelievable. In the end, he's just a big man. I was thinking about this last night, and I think it would be much easier if players were grouped into three categories:

Player-makers
Wings
Big Men

Much easier to classify, and a lot less arguing would occur. Do you think it'd be a good idea to have this instead of the normal 1 and 2 guard spots, 3 and 4 forward spot and 5 center spot? Do you think there's a better solution, if you do indeed think there's something better than what the current lineup for players is?

Congrats on the 8000. I don't post much anymore, but you've definitely been one of my favorites since I joined here early last year.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: