Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #16
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: hateraid's 8K: Giving back to ISH, just in time for Christmas

I bought the Air Jordan III Air Force I hybrid shoe the other day.

really like it.

how do you feel about this? Nice kicks or bastard child?

(AJ 3s are my fave AJ btw)
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #17
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Congratulations old timer. See you're still hanging around. I'll get there eventually. Maybe in a decade or so at the rate I'm going. But more kudos to ya. Rarely can I say big ups to a quality poster, but keep doing your thing. Outtro
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #18
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

really like it.

hell yea. 3s are the greatest J's ever made.

the ones i got

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #19
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

really like it.

nice kicks.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #20
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33
congrat hateraid i don't look up to many posters but you're one of them.

I have been gaining a lot of weight in the mid-section lately all this WHILE working out 5 days a week and I can't figure out why. I'm trying different routines, high rep low weights and vice versa. I guess my question is, if i start taking protein now it will probably get worse right? how about glutamine?

also I'm a finance grad that couldn't get a job, give me some dr..phil words please lol.

There is two pathways to midsection weight. High carb diet and stress.

By all means, protein is one of the first places to start. Anytime protein intake is higher than carb you body will end up burning stored fat. It requires alot of energy to synthesize protein into muscle. Stick with it. Results may take longer, but much more permanent and profound.

Get a good cleanse. Fecal matter can hold up to 10 pounds in your intestines. That being said it can make you have a look of a portruding belly. A 10 day cleanse not only get rid of that, it helps to detox, cleanse receptors for better nutrient absorption, and may kickstart your whole bowel movement system.

Also look at stress reduction supplements. Stress increases cortisol. That leads to fat satorage in the abdominal section. Take 5-HTP, or a good multi.

Glutamine is always good. 85% of your body's system such as muscle and tissue require glutamine to replenish. You difestive lining sheds every3 days like a snake. Glutamine is one of the main components of repairing the digestive walls.

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 03:22 PM.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
So I've been bench pressing lately trying to get ready for the military but the only place I've been feeling sore is in my shoulders. Am I doing something wrong?

Shoulders are one of the most common injuries in weight training. The problem could be from lack of nutritional oils. Start taking fish oils. Not only does your diet require 10% of good fats, it work to help lubricate joints. Not only that, omega 3 works as an antiinflammatory. Most fats increase inflammation.

Also take protein after all weight training sesssion, combined with glutamine.

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #22
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
1. Lifting 5 times a week can be too much stress on your body. Cut it down to 4 or less. Mix in some interval cardio.

2. Diet. I have no idea what you are eating but it probably is a lot of processed stuff. Abs are made in the kitchen. Taking a single supplement won't solve the problem.

3. Add some explosive lifts, cleans, snatches, lunges, etc. It'll burn more calories as you're lifting, build calorie burning muscle faster, and keep your metabolism running high hours after you've left the gym.

Oh yeah, and listen to Randy
Old 12-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #23
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did you end up getting your son the Wii?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #24
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
to one of the classy gentlemen of ish! you seem like a younger ish-brother to me i have been reading your posts for two and a half years now...

When I think of class, you, saKf, and silent mav beat me by a mile. Classiest guys on here.

Quote:
[*]what makes you stand back, shake your head in disbelief and just say, "daaaammn!!"?

Poverty. Not like what we have here but in the third world countries. Go to the Phillippines and walk down the streets of metro Manila and see how people make a living. It's hard to give compassion here with a dude that sticks out his hand and expects you to drop a coin in it when in the Phils people will slaughter a calf to make a BBQ stick to sell to you for an american quarter. My grandmother picked water lilies and replanted them to sell just to put my moms and 2 aunts, 2 uncles through schools. My Grand dad died before those times. When I see poverty here I shake my head and say it's a shame. Here there is oppurtunity.

Quote:
[*]what is the most important educational experience that you would want your kids to have?

I put my trust in the public educational system. He'll build his intellegence through that segway. Life skills I hope I can develop. A good male needs a proper man figure. Whether it's streets skills, adapting to society, his relation with God, I have the responsibilty of raising him with those positive traits.

Quote:
[*]is hersey hawkins still coaching?

He's a HS basketball coach now. It's a shame, he's probably one of the best players with both offensive and defensive IQ's. He should be coaching basketball mechanics on a team.

Quote:
[*]what is more impressive to you: someone who could bench twice his weight or squat three and half times his weight?

Benching is machismo. Squating is your core. Any great weight trainer knows strength, balances, and ability starts from your core.

Quote:
[*]are you satisfied thusfar with the elton brand trade?

Touchy subject here. Talk about changing the dynamics of your team. Our problem is not having a good halfcourt set. Brand was supposed to aleviate that problem. Fact is we don't have a perimeter shooter. That is the number one compliment to a post player. Even a perimeter scorer. that's something Iggy and Miller can't mold into. There is no negative additon in having a player like Brand join your tream, it's having the peices to fit with him. Hate to say it but we're a running team, and with Brand injured we're exposing it.

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #25
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
[*]i am about 6 posts away from 6k, should i make one of these "celebration threads" or just have a couple of shots of scotch and post crap about the okc inbreeders?

I love post celebrations. It's a way to show your honor and contributions while seeing who recognizes it. It's like birthdays in a sense. A milestone of maturity. Even if every 1000 posts you make has 5% of a positive contibution, that's still a solid addition. Plus a poster like you needs recognition.

Last edited by hateraid : 12-21-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #26
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Congrats on the 8k! I don't have any questions, have just enjoyed the posts over the years. Keep it up. Quality posts like yours are the exception, not the rule these days.

btw, you aren't even close to being an old fart. That is reserved for RBP and myself!
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #27
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
I was actually thinking of making a thread on this question, but this might be a way to get a sensible answer. I've been noticing a lot of threads, and a lot of posts on players heights.

And obviously my question is, does it matter all that much if you're an inch or two shorter than other players? Do you personally think it's a big deal to be an undersized power forward; or even better, an undersized power forward with more heart than these conventional 'proper size' power forwards? Or, even being a 6'4 guard playing the two-spot, but having an amazing wingspan?

To put it simply, is height overrated in basketball?

A very intruiging question that is definately thread worthy.

I think physical proportions is definately as asset especially in basketball. Both on the offense and the defense. The objective is to get the ball into a hoop which is above your head. In sports there is literally inches that can decide a game. That size advantage means better reach and physical presence. Especially the defensive end. The obvious point is the skillset and what you do with your physical traits.

Two PG's with the exact same skillset but one is 6'1 and the other is 6'2 you got to take the 6'2 because of the reach advantage and the fact he 's less of a liability when being mismatched. Obviously it's not a huge advantage but it's still an advantage noe the less. 99% is better than 98% right? To differentiate obviously is the mindset. Aggresion, determination, heart. But size is definately the first determining factor.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #28
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn

And another thing. I think the other major overreaction on ISH is determining a players position on the court. I really think sometimes it gets out of hand. For example, the other day, I read through a thread which included Tim Duncan, and somebody mentioned Duncan being a C, whilst others say PF - this went on for about 15 pages. That's unbelievable. In the end, he's just a big man. I was thinking about this last night, and I think it would be much easier if players were grouped into three categories:

Player-makers
Wings
Big Men

Much easier to classify, and a lot less arguing would occur. Do you think it'd be a good idea to have this instead of the normal 1 and 2 guard spots, 3 and 4 forward spot and 5 center spot? Do you think there's a better solution, if you do indeed think there's something better than what the current lineup for players is?

I think all 5 spots is a necessity. Each play a specific role on the floor. Number one is the two gaurd positions. One obviously to create and the other to score.

As for the PF/C position as it pertains to Duncan the real answer is he's both. It's up to the coach to see where he's most effective. I'd have him at PF if he serves a better purpose in an offensive role and at center if he's more suited defensively. You can't lose either way. But what he is on the floor can be determined by his pairing in the post. There's where height is a factor. If you had a Carlos Boozer, you're a C. If you had a oden, your a PF.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #29
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I love post celebrations. It's a way to show your honor and contributions while seeing who recognizes it. It's like birthdays in a sense. A milestone of maturity. Even if every 1000 posts you make has 5% of a positive contibution, that's still a solid addition. Plus a poster like you needs recognition.

i took you wise advice and chose not to rip on that team in the state of oklahoma
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #30
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:

really like it.

AJIII are my grails too.

The whole .5, fusion, hybrid series has gotten too out of control. If they would have just stuck with the first fusions (XII?) and the first .5's it would have been a cool concept. It takes away the essence of what colleting J's were all about. What they should do is take that money and put it into sponsorship.

But out of all the fusions I do like the III's. Do you have the white/cement?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: