Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
b.roy#7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

b.roy#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Favorite Move

I like to go in like manu...go in one side and then behind the back and lay in in...or fake to go in and step out and pull a jumper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCsaKKZuZ10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGdDSBX5Us
b.roy#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
St Anger

St Anger has an OK reputation so far

break away ^.^
St Anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #18
B-Baller14
I brick open layups

B-Baller14 has an OK reputation so far

I like the up and under on the block.

Also, a big in and out dribble followed by a lay in.
B-Baller14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
dwight20-20
future footer

dwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Post up on the left block, high or low. Then I like to take a dribble into the paint with the right hand, stop, head fake, then spin back to my left and finish off the glass (with the left).

The move is pretty much unstoppable (assuming I make it hah) because I can finish with both my right and left hands around the hoop. I also have long legs, so I can cover a long distance with the spinning 'drop step'. Even if the guy doesn't fall for the fake (or I don't choose to shoot the right hook), I can usually get a nice push off with my shoulder, making it very difficult for them to block the left handed bank shot.

so basically you take one dribble into the paint on the left block and then do an up and under?
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegamer300
What is your favorite move to do one on one. Describe it or if theres a vid someone of someone doing it post it on here. Doesnt have to be a streetball move it can be a move that you use in an organized game.

Mine would probibly have to be a quik inside out with the right hand and a low cross over to the left hand and blow right by the guy.

go to youtube type in Hot Sauce worlds greatest and click on like 3:19 and look at the move...craziest move Ive EVER seen in streetball so far..hoooooooo that was nasty!
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.roy#7
I like to go in like manu...go in one side and then behind the back and lay in in...or fake to go in and step out and pull a jumper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCsaKKZuZ10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGdDSBX5Us

AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight20-20
so basically you take one dribble into the paint on the left block and then do an up and under?

Up and under would be the 4th move in my chain.

The first move is the hard dribble (sometimes hop step) into the lane. Don't forget I'm posted with my left shoulder to the rim.

Second move is to finish with the right hook, or fake the right hook hard.

Third move, if I don't take the right hook, is to pivot away from the paint, and finish with the left hook off the glass.

If the defender is still with me, I can fake the left hook, and step through with the up and under, finishing with the right, or with a short jumper.

If I can't get anything off at that point, I pass. Also, after you score a couple times on the low box, you start to get lots of attention. If the double comes I'm always looking to drop the dime to a cutter, or passing out for the 3.

Of course, this all sounds nice on paper. I'm not acting like this shyt is automatic or anything.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #23
Swoosh

Swoosh has an OK reputation so far

i love the fadeaway...really hard to stop if your good at it
Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #24
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

either spin and half way thru around the back

or

cross thru the legs from right to left, then cross from left to right normally/start driving right, then pull back right to left underneath ur right leg and shoot
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #25
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My favorite move used to be right when the game began, I'd upfake at the three and drive for the uncontested layup. It worked every ****ing time.

Now, It's drive really hard to the right, and then dribble behind my back to the left. It works wonders.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #26
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

My fave move is when I face the defender, dribble towards the basket, crossover to my left then reverse spin back to the right for the layup.

It's simple, I have others, but this is successful most of the time. If it's not, I still have a good shot at a rebound because the defender is still adjusting himself to the shot.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #27
pohzoko
I airball my layups

pohzoko has an OK reputation so far

Behind the back: easy + fun to do, and can break ankles
pohzoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #28
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Breaking the guys ankles, then going in for an easy layup

always fun.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 AM   #29
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

Have any of you heard of the slip n slide?
thats the best streetball move i can do in a pickup game.

Regular game: Gotta go with start fastbreak oppritunity, slow up, look to opposite direction, then full speed ahead for layup.
Works every time!
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #30
pohzoko
I airball my layups

pohzoko has an OK reputation so far

Behind the back is my favorite move.
pohzoko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: