Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 AM   #16
Starbury
I airball my layups

Starbury has an OK reputation so far

Wells or Battier come off the bench theres no way that 1 can start at pf
Starbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #17
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury
Wells or Battier come off the bench theres no way that 1 can start at pf

Get this through your heads everyone.

Although it doesn't look beautiful, Battier will start at PF this year. Juwan Howard is not any better, and not like 2 times bigger than Battier. Battier is much smarter, much younger, a bit more athletic.

He is going to start at PF. And if you come up with your stupid argument of Tim Duncan, Garnett, etc, just sit and think for a while, and think to yourself, how would Juwan guard these PF's and suddenly you'll find yourself thinking, I guess Battier at PF is a possibility.

Now about Bonzi, not getting my hopes up or anything, so I'll just be pessimistic for now, because it seems that this offseason everything has not gone exactly the way I wish it was, but it's okay. I'm satisfied with Battier and Spanoulis for the very least.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:39 AM   #18
Starbury
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Although it doesn't look beautiful, Battier will start at PF this year. Juwan Howard is not any better, and not like 2 times bigger than Battier. Battier is much smarter, much younger, a bit more athletic.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. If you are looking at it like that then T-Mac would start at PF considering hes the same height, more athletic, +3 pounds heavier. You cant start a 6'8" 220 lb player at pf in the Nba
Old 09-19-2006, 01:41 AM   #19
Starbury
I airball my layups

If you havent realized they play in a division with Memphis, San Antonio, New Orleans+Dallas. Id love to see Battier playing Pau Gasol, Duncan, Tyson Chandelor+Dirk 4 times a year each
Old 09-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #20
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. If you are looking at it like that then T-Mac would start at PF considering hes the same height, more athletic, +3 pounds heavier. You cant start a 6'8" 220 lb player at pf in the Nba

Sure you can, he just might not be very effective. And besides, you've got Bonzi/T-Mac/Yao who are all capable to guarding bigger players. Battier will make it work.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #21
BlackMoses

Quote:
If you havent realized they play in a division with Memphis, San Antonio, New Orleans+Dallas. Id love to see Battier playing Pau Gasol, Duncan, Tyson Chandelor+Dirk 4 times a year each

Tyson Chandler will rip Battier a new one

He'll "punish" Battier to a tune of 8 points
Old 09-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #22
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
You cant start a 6'8" 220 lb player at pf in the Nba

Let's see here...

Whose opinion should mean more? Yours, or Jeff Van Gundy's?

Shane will see minutes this season as the STARTING PF. It's been decided already.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #23
Starbury
I airball my layups

Nowadays when touchin a player is a foul, Battier will last 10-15 min before fouling out playing Duncan, Dirk or Pau
Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #24
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd love to see it too. I've seen Juwan do it, and honestly, it seems like Juwan is usually two steps behind.

Juwan is like 6'9 and 230, doesn't really look much bigger than Battier btw, and although he has more experience at the PF spot, he still sucks at it. He only has like a semi consistent mid range game, after that he provides nothing. We have no one else that can start at the time, therefore Battier is the solution.

And don't be dumb, freakin McGrady is like a different story. His game is more suited for a SF not a freakin PF. I used bit more athletic because Battier is more athletic than Juwan. Other than that, you are really not thinking about this.

Besides the fact that you have no knowledge of the team I've followed for years, you have no clue about Battier and Juwan and the pros and conns.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:48 AM   #25
BlackMoses

Quote:
Nowadays when touchin a player is a foul, Battier will last 10-15 min before fouling out playing Duncan, Dirk or Pau

How do you come to the conclusion that Battier will foul out, when he has never averaged over 3 fouls per game? He'll be fine. There's such a thing as double teams. And no one can guard/shut down Duncan, Dirk or Pau.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:51 AM   #26
Starbury
I airball my layups

Howard is 255 lbs thats a huge difference in the Nba when Duncan weighs 260 and the others are all over 7'. Chandelor is 7'1 have you ever seen a 6'8 guy outrebound a 7'1" player. Chandelor would just get every rebound over him and either get a put back or get fouled by Battier
Old 09-19-2006, 01:53 AM   #27
Starbury
I airball my layups

Where are you guys getting your stats from Battier has only averaged under 3 fouls in his rookie year and he almost averaged 4 in 2004
Old 09-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #28
Starbury
I airball my layups

O my bad ur right on the fouls I was looking at per 40 min
Old 09-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #29
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
There's such a thing as double teams. And no one can guard/shut down Duncan, Dirk or Pau.

Right, and it's not a bad start to have Yao on help defense from the weakside.

Wait...he won't be able to leave his man to help because he can't afford to let Francisco Elson, DeSagana Diop, and Jake Tsakalidis run free down low.

ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:55 AM   #30
Starbury
I airball my layups

Either way averaged atleast 2.5 every year cept 1 and thats playing Sf's with Gasol playing Pfs so theres a huge difference in the amoutn he'll pick up
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: