Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #31
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Juwan is pretty slow, and short he is not going to make a difference rebounding against ZChandler, so I have no idea why you try to bring him in the argument. And who cares what the others way, Duncan dominates us no matter what.

You keep bringing up freaking chandler a guy with no offensive game to speak off. Of course he can rebound, but I mean, he is foul prone, so I mean he is really non-existant anyways. Anyways, we have Yao, a much improved rebounder, so I'm not worried.

Next argument.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:57 AM   #32
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury
Howard is 255 lbs thats a huge difference in the Nba when Duncan weighs 260 and the others are all over 7'. Chandelor is 7'1 have you ever seen a 6'8 guy outrebound a 7'1" player. Chandelor would just get every rebound over him and either get a put back or get fouled by Battier

Howard is 255 lbs of wasted human matter. Completely and utterly useless. I hold him on par with David Wesley.

Why are you looking down on Shane Battier this much? I'm not even going to sweat Tyson Chandler b/c Yao Ming is still going to own him every minute he's in the game. We dont need some superstar PF, just someone who can defend and hold down the fort when our big man needs some rest.

I dont trust Juwan's open jumper either. Way too unreliable. We need some good shooters and thats exactly what we got. Doesnt look like we'll get the true PF we need, but the pieces we have now can definitely mesh.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:58 AM   #33
Starbury
I airball my layups

Starbury has an OK reputation so far

Yaos gonna help but how can you help your player who just got an alley oop in his face. Every 1 of those players cept for Dirk (who Yao couldnt even try to help guard). And Yao can't just leave his man to help Battier when every1 cept for Chandelor has great jump shots because that does leave all those weak players wide open for layups
Starbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:01 AM   #34
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just stop seriously, stop.

You are trying to argue with a bunch of Rockets fan who obviously know more than you. So seriously, you keep arguing the same crap that's been rebutted like in 20 different ways.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:01 AM   #35
Starbury
I airball my layups

I love how I bring facts and your response is I keep Juwan Howard on par with David Wesley. Theres no point arguing this any longer
Old 09-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #36
Starbury
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Howard is 255 lbs of wasted human matter. Completely and utterly useless. I hold him on par with David Wesley

This is how all of your rebuttals are coming so you clearly no more than me
Old 09-19-2006, 02:07 AM   #37
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Either way averaged atleast 2.5 every year cept 1 and thats playing Sf's with Gasol playing Pfs so theres a huge difference in the amoutn he'll pick up

Battier stats: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...battish01.html

And no, based off of watching basketball, you're more likely to pick up fouls on the perimeter than in the paint.

And there have been plenty of great undersized rebounders. 2 out of the 5 players in the top 5 last year for rebounding are undersized for the amount of rebounds they get. http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2006.html

That's not even looking at it historically (Dennis Rodman, Bill Russell, Charles Barkley, Chuck Oakley, etc.)...
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #38
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
This is how all of your rebuttals are coming so you clearly no more than me

I typed more than that you numbskull. Now go home, rookie.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:13 AM   #39
Starbury
I airball my layups

If u r talking abou the 6'9" 240 lb Ben Wallace with a 7'2" wingspan and a vertical leap double that of Battier and Shawn marion who is on a team that plays no defense what so ever so is not expected to stop anyone and has no player on there team other than him that rebounds you arent making too strong of a point
Old 09-19-2006, 02:14 AM   #40
Starbury
I airball my layups

J Sub that was actually the only post you have after I joined in but good try
Old 09-19-2006, 02:18 AM   #41
Starbury
I airball my layups

Bill Russel played during a time where 6'9" was nowhere near undersized and Barkely was 252 and Oakley is a completely different player than Battier is
Old 09-19-2006, 02:18 AM   #42
Starbury
I airball my layups

Good rebuttals
Old 09-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #43
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
J Sub that was actually the only post you have after I joined in but good try

He said more in the post than you actually quoted, but good try.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:20 AM   #44
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
You cant start a 6'8" 220 lb player at pf in the Nba

But you can start a 6'7" 228 lb player at PF in the NBA and get to the WCF.

I like Battier getting minutes at the 4 when Howard isn't. I dunno if Van Gundy will have the necessary offensive mentality, like D'Antoni's, to make it work, but I like the idea of putting the best players on the floor and figuring it out from there.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:22 AM   #45
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

There are some advantages and dissavantages. It's either a great strategic move or just a dumb move that can hurt them,agree?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: