Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #121
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
The creativity for players nicknames has really fallen off in the past decade. I miss the day where the nickname had nothing to do with their ACTUAL name. Like Reign Man, Magic, The Round Mound of Rebound, The Mailman, Earl the Pearl, Chocolate Thunder, Air Jordan, Big Game James, Big Dipper, Zeke, the Worm, the Chief, Dr. J, Big Dog, the Glove, Hondo, Big Smooth, Plastic Man, Pistol Pete, Mighty Mouse. Names that have nothing to do with anything basically.
the only creative ones today is prolly the matrix, the answer, the truth, king james...
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #122
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

ballhog o bryant
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #123
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

The answer is still the best one...

I like half man half amazing too .

I like hobe bryant ... back in the day on ISH, they used to call kobe a possom because he looked like a dead possom with that hair style that made him look like his hairline was receeding

seriously, I think kobe is a good enough name... Everybody knows who you are talking about when you say kobe
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #124
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.
Default re:

HELLO?? the Kings had 2 completely different halves to the season, and midseason they made a big trade...remember that?? . so which team are you comparing LA to? the one with peja, then yes u are better. the one with ron artest?? HELL no. and LakersDynasty, you make Bonzi sound like a freaking all-star, big deal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how does losing a cat that averaged 23 and 12 in the playoffs for you actually make your team better? and also ron wasnt a problem to ya'll because he was only there for half a season and was trying to prove a point but dont forget that the reason he was there in the first place was because he caused a ruckus out there in indy and they just decided that they were tired of him. Now that he's there a full season with no particular agenda to address what makes you think that he will not do something foolish with the kings? he's sorta the nba's new version of rodman due to the fact that his moves are unpredictable. In an interview right after he got suspended for the season he told a reporter that he was going to retire after two more seasons no matter what, and he was being serious. If that turns out to be true that means that this is his last season, or worse he might go ricky williams on ya.
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #125
INDI
Local High School Star

Default re:

Are you retarded? Malone is already number two on the list. Kobe doesn't have anything to do with it. Malone retired before he could break the record.

Kareem = 38,387
Karl = 36,928
You = dumba$$
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah I made a mistake, that's cool, to me it really doesn't matter because kobe will be number 1 and first to crack the 40,000 mark so whether karl is number 2 or number 200 I could care less.

karl = 36,928
kobe =40,000+ (very soon)
you = 110 (posts on ish)

thats about the only stats you'll be remembered for buddy.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #126
CHUPAKABRA_MO-01
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CHUPAKABRA_MO-01 has an OK reputation so far

kobe-one-kenobi
CHUPAKABRA_MO-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #127
INDI
Local High School Star

Default re:

Why do people start threads like this knowing how they will turn out?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually I started this thread with very good intentions, to me it just seemed as if all of the really good players had a name and kobe didnt, I figured regardless if people love or hate him that should atleast admit that he deserves a nickname.

and by the way
"the show"
"mamba"
"the one"
are all good names so far
Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #128
INDI
Local High School Star

Default re:

sorry double post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #129
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Kobe Wan Kenobi was given to him before Manu was even in the League...
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #130
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Are you retarded? Malone is already number two on the list. Kobe doesn't have anything to do with it. Malone retired before he could break the record.

Kareem = 38,387
Karl = 36,928
You = dumba$$
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah I made a mistake, that's cool, to me it really doesn't matter because kobe will be number 1 and first to crack the 40,000 mark so whether karl is number 2 or number 200 I could care less.

karl = 36,928
kobe =40,000+ (very soon)
you = 110 (posts on ish)

thats about the only stats you'll be remembered for buddy.

What an amazing comeback

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Kareem is the NBA's all-time leading scorer. That is, unless you're a retard and know nothing about basketball. Been spending too much time trying to come up with the perfect formula for a soft-drink that tastes identical to Kobe's nutsweat. Keep working on it man, you might get it right and move out of your parents' house.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #131
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Why do people start threads like this knowing how they will turn out?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually I started this thread with very good intentions, to me it just seemed as if all of the really good players had a name and kobe didnt, I figured regardless if people love or hate him that should atleast admit that he deserves a nickname.

and by the way
"the show"
"mamba"
"the one"
are all good names so far

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You had to have known that regardless of your intent, things wouldn't turn out well. This isn't a thread about "admitting" that Bryant needs a nickname. It's a thread about coming up with a nickname. It's already turned into a bash thread. What's the point.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #132
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Was kobe the only player who "announced" his nickname to the world?

Or was it nike's doing? Don't know
gasolina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:37 PM   #133
INDI
Local High School Star

Default re:

What an amazing comeback

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Kareem is the NBA's all-time leading scorer. That is, unless you're a retard and know nothing about basketball. Been spending too much time trying to come up with the perfect formula for a soft-drink that tastes identical to Kobe's nutsweat. Keep working on it man, you might get it right and move out of your parents' house.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent's house? Im 27, with a wife and 2 kids, I OWN a 4 bedroom house a suv and 2 cars, I think Im doing pretty well for myself, how bout you buddy?
Honestly though i'll let you win this little battle because to me I got a ton of other things I could be doing with my time. The only reason I get on ish is when I have a few moments to kill, and by the way you are correct, it slipped my mind that he didnt break the record, the last season he played they kept talking about that he planned on playing a few more years to get it and I didnt follow the story much after that, so there you win.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #134
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

it was bonzi's contract year, i am 99.9% sure he is was not going to average those numbers next season if he resigned with Sac. but I mean come on...all the Lakers have is Kobe and a bunch of scrubs.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: