Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A Bargnani Glimpse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Yeah at least Jake helped out threw some bodies around and got some rebounds. That's far more than anything Andrea has done over the last month or so. Time to trade him if we can realtive value for him...even slightly under.

But watch our WORST nightmare is going to happen ...... we trade Andrea Bargnani and in couple years with his new team he becomes a STUD and a All Star player ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #17
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
But watch our WORST nightmare is going to happen ...... we trade Andrea Bargnani and in couple years with his new team he becomes a STUD and a All Star player ......

It might. My point is it's never gonna happen here becasue he can never be the starter in front of Bosh and never get enough mins playing his natural position to succeed therfore we have to take from our surplus and fix our deficencies. If that happens...it happens. You can't wait another three years for this kid to develop. You've already given him three and it hasn't worked period. I think at this point you have to look at trading him because in no way is he helping the team. As Sekman pointed out Voskhul had better stats last night in limited mins. Terrible.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #18
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
I figured out Andrea. He is a center and should be forced to play that way from here on forward. He sucked so bad the last few games because he is a confused young soul. Yet when Jermaine went down against Oklahoma, Andrea was forced to play in the paint and all of the sudden he just lit it up. He seemed to know exactly what to do every time he had the ball. He went from slump to hot in the bat of an eyelash. When he gets the ball at the 3pt arc he becomes a man of total indecision, he is forced to gain his confidence from hitting threes or trying to drive all the way to the basket from 22 feet out. He hit a couple of nice in the block moves early in the second half and his whole game just took off. Than he went outside and woala hit a three. Sure he missed later, but trying to develop precious confidence in the NBA by allways playing at that line is a lose lose proposition. He will be the center of our future and a darn good one!

Trade AB with AP or Graham & get a Scoring wing player end of story!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:43 AM   #19
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani should not get any minutes!!!!
His +/- is terrible!

tonight at GS.. -23 (moon second worst at -8)
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 AM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Everytime Bargnani steps on the court, a 10 point lead becomes nothing, a 2 point deficit becomes a 15 point deficit... Sure he has the occasional game where his shot is falling, but when it's not, he does almost nothing positive for us. His D is terrible, he's a 7 footer who can't grab 10 rebounds, he tries to take it to the basket but just ends up either running over the defender and getting a charge or else throwing it too hard off the backboard because he has ZERO post game... Either Trashnani has to go, or BC does... one or the other!

edit: best team on paper my ass....

Last edited by bokes15 : 12-30-2008 at 04:13 AM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

DONT PANIC YET AS EVERYONE HERE SAYS ....... Let's see how the next few games play out ...
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
DONT PANIC YET AS EVERYONE HERE SAYS ....... Let's see how the next few games play out ...
The point is, it doesn't matter how the next few games play out. At this point the best we would do is to struggle and slide into that 8th spot which would equal an instant K.O. So i'd say once we get to about the halfway point if nothing has been done, we might as well just pack it in and call it a season.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #23
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

The worse we do up until the trade deadline the better our chanes at landing a solid wing in a trade. Our 1st rounder becomes that more valuable as a result. With respect to Bargnani I think what he really needs is someone like Kareem to help him develop his inside game. Who is training him anyway? because obviously they aren't doing him much good aside from a small improvement in his defensive skills. If raps can do this and get him a solid teacher I believe that by mid season next year he could be a solid 18/8 guy and go up from there. There is no sense in trading him unless you get blown out of the water by another team offer but I can't see that happening as he is just a "potential"player not an all-star right now.
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 PM   #24
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTrade
The worse we do up until the trade deadline the better our chanes at landing a solid wing in a trade. Our 1st rounder becomes that more valuable as a result. With respect to Bargnani I think what he really needs is someone like Kareem to help him develop his inside game. Who is training him anyway? because obviously they aren't doing him much good aside from a small improvement in his defensive skills. If raps can do this and get him a solid teacher I believe that by mid season next year he could be a solid 18/8 guy and go up from there. There is no sense in trading him unless you get blown out of the water by another team offer but I can't see that happening as he is just a "potential"player not an all-star right now.
"Potential all-stars" get traded for current all-stars all the time.

See: KG to Boston, Al Jeff + fillers + draft picks to Minny
J-Kidd to Dallas for Harris + fillers
Shaq to the heat for Odom, Butler + Fillers
Caron Butler to the Wiz for Kwame Brown (YES, KWAME BROWN)

Colangelo is asleep at the wheel. The time where we can pin the "potential" tab on Bargs is running out, and there are teams out there who still feel he's gonna develop into something special in the future. So the time to get rid of him is now or never.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 AM   #25
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

Bargs won't land you much because he is too high risk. He's got lots going for him but too much against him. He's Italian, lacks intensity, inconsistent, had terrible coaching in the NBA, doesn't know his position. No team in there right mind will give up an all-star for him thats why were better off getting a solid teacher to develop him. I do agree that Colangelo needs to get his sht together. He signed Voshkul and is now looking to acquire Joe Smith another useless big. What we really need is a wing and I haven't seen him go after anyone but J.R Smith in which case he made an insulting offer with JKAP. At least throw in a pick.
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #26
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

6th in the East is still easily possible. Miami is there and we're only 5 games out.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #27
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
6th in the East is still easily possible. Miami is there and we're only 5 games out.

Only 5 games out with three killer games at home coming up make that by 8 minimum.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Only 5 games out with three killer games at home coming up make that by 8 minimum.
Yup, Denver, Houston and Orlando coming up... and there's not ONE team out of the current top 8 that I think we would beat in a playoff series... with the exception of maybe Milwaukee which doesn't matter because they're the 8th place team.

Last edited by bokes15 : 12-31-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #29
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

he is a PF, Not a C, hopefully BC gets over hes man crush and trades him and Parker for a good wing player.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #30
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
he is a PF, Not a C, hopefully BC gets over hes man crush and trades him and Parker for a good wing player.
Don't see how you think he's a PF, seems he's looked better than ever as the teams starting center the last two games. His battle with Yao last night was downright nasty, especially in the defensive end. Yet he still had the presence to rotate out and provide help on many occasions. Not saying to make him our starting center, we need J.O back, but to say he's a power forward in the making is wrong. He will get stronger, even more robust each year and though he is quick for a big man he doesn't have the finesse of a Chris Bosh type power forward. Now as a center, different story as he will create matchup problems there, will have the strength to battle, and be able to stretch the floor on occasion for uncontested 3's, cause no center is gonna want to come way out to that line to guard him. He just needs to forget the three point line and come off the bench demanding inside looks, if he does that he will continue to improve immensly. Trading him now would be a huge mistake for many years to come, cause if he doesn't do it here you can be sure he will do it with someone else and very well too.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: