Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Hey, let's try the Graham experiment again...

I was just wondering what people would think of having Graham at the starting SF position now. We gave Moon the shot, he delivered but now he is off his game for he cannot shoot as well as we want him to. We gave Kapono the shot, but his confidence in his shot goes back and forth (when he doesn't have confidence, he doesn't shoot...when he does have confidence, he shoots to much). But maybe with Graham being confident in his game and his stepped up defense, he could do a little somethin somethin for us. I am not saying he is our answer to our problem, but maybe he can help us get those wins we so desperately need. And he is gonna keep doing wild shots unless he knows he has the times and maybe, just maybe, he might actually mature a bit as a player.

Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation
Default Re: Hey, let's try the Graham experiment again...

I'm all for that actually. Jamario Moon is driving me crazy. On offense he is ready to jack up shots from the outside to the point that I am yelling at my TV "NOOOOO!!!!" before he catches it. On defense, other teams know that a small pump fake will send him into the air with ease.

At least Joey attacks the rim and usually only shoots when he is open.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

I think you're right. As we cannot count on consistent play from any of the wings, might as well sub the hot hand in and out. Inconsistent play deserves inconsistent minutes.

Graham is a ball stopper but right now he's the lesser of the evils.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

i am always a fan of Graham.. would love the change
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #5
ejeezy
I airball my layups

ejeezy has an OK reputation so far

Might aswell try to pump up his value to see what we get out of it.
ejeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Joey can be such a good player if plays defence... right now, he is hacking every SF that blows by him, and gets himself in foul trouble.

needs to play a little off the opponent and have one hand up and the other on opponent's face.

*sigh only if i was the defensive coach
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
J000
ISH #1 AFGHAN

J000 is a pretty well-respected posterJ000 is a pretty well-respected posterJ000 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll try anything. At this rate, we not working this.
We got to try something new.
J000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I was just wondering what people would think of having Graham at the starting SF position now. We gave Moon the shot, he delivered but now he is off his game for he cannot shoot as well as we want him to. We gave Kapono the shot, but his confidence in his shot goes back and forth (when he doesn't have confidence, he doesn't shoot...when he does have confidence, he shoots to much). But maybe with Graham being confident in his game and his stepped up defense, he could do a little somethin somethin for us. I am not saying he is our answer to our problem, but maybe he can help us get those wins we so desperately need. And he is gonna keep doing wild shots unless he knows he has the times and maybe, just maybe, he might actually mature a bit as a player.

Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in....

I don't care about Joey's game anymore nor do I care for the game of Moon...They both need to be only bench players and Kapono needs to get traded...We absolutly have no defence on the wings and no scoring as well which says that all of our problems run through them...

You can be a great scorer and have less than average defence if you are out scoring your postion it doesn't matter but our wings can't out score anybody on a consistant basis ad that to the fact that they can't play Defence or rebound they are the reason we are currently ranked last in the nba.com power rankings...

We lost to the thunder which does mean we are the worst team in the NBA if we were beaten by the worst team in the NBA.

"You are what you record is!" - Jack Armstrong
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
I don't care about Joey's game anymore nor do I care for the game of Moon...They both need to be only bench players and Kapono needs to get traded...We absolutly have no defence on the wings and no scoring as well which says that all of our problems run through them...

You can be a great scorer and have less than average defence if you are out scoring your postion it doesn't matter but our wings can't out score anybody on a consistant basis ad that to the fact that they can't play Defence or rebound they are the reason we are currently ranked last in the nba.com power rankings...

We lost to the thunder which does mean we are the worst team in the NBA if we were beaten by the worst team in the NBA.

"You are what you record is!" - Jack Armstrong

Honestly, I don't get this....Bulls lost to the raps back in their first season...And Raps were an awful team. The Raps have a lot of work to do but don't write them off because they lost to the worst team. It happens a lot...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Honestly, I don't get this....Bulls lost to the raps back in their first season...And Raps were an awful team. The Raps have a lot of work to do but don't write them off because they lost to the worst team. It happens a lot...

The difference is that that Bulls team was dominant.

This year's Raptors were thought to be at the very least a playoff team. Aside from the first 3 games of the season, this team has been awful (few good games here and there).

I don't think it's fair to write them off because of the one game, but they are slowly writing themselves off.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
The difference is that that Bulls team was dominant.

This year's Raptors were thought to be at the very least a playoff team. Aside from the first 3 games of the season, this team has been awful (few good games here and there).

I don't think it's fair to write them off because of the one game, but they are slowly writing themselves off.

But that's what I am saying. Bulls were very dominant and the Raps beat them and they were a bottom team. Raps are nowhere close to a top team, so losing to the thunder is not as big as people are making it out. They are a young team that will win a few games. Mostly against smaller team but some WILL be against the bigger teams...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Ah, understood. I thought you were trying to make a case for the Raptors being a good team. Forgiveness, please.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
jc23
Decent playground baller

jc23 has an OK reputation so far

Give joey one start and go from there. Even if he plays decent defense and doesn't play stupid he's an upgrade from Moon.
jc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #14
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc23
Give joey one start and go from there. Even if he plays decent defense and doesn't play stupid he's an upgrade from Moon.

Unfortunately that is not an option for Joey.

Here is an idea....trade for a FCUKING adequate NBA quality SG and SF!
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #15
jc23
Decent playground baller

jc23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Unfortunately that is not an option for Joey.

Here is an idea....trade for a FCUKING adequate NBA quality SG and SF!

We do need a trade for a good wing, but Joey drives and doesn't chuck ****ty jump shots half as bad as Moon. You have to give it a try he's been playing good the last few games.
jc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: