Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #16
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation
Default Re: Salmons to the Raptors?

salmons is looking pretty good right now
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #17
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassano
salmons is looking pretty good right now

Not for Bargnani & a 1st he's not.

Salmons is have a good year on a team that is young and without it's best player.

He is by no means worth Bargnani or a 1st on there own let alone both.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #18
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Q is right...

Salmons would be our best wing player if he was on our team, but to give up a first rounder and Bargs for him would be a bad trade.

Bargs straight up, simply to fill our needs for a wing player would be good.

Id rather give up JK and something else though.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #19
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Q is right...

Salmons would be our best wing player if he was on our team, but to give up a first rounder and Bargs for him would be a bad trade.

Bargs straight up, simply to fill our needs for a wing player would be good.

Id rather give up JK and something else though.

Why are we talking about this? Salmons doesn't want to play in Canada and Colangelo won't trade for people who don't want to play here. He's a good player and would help us a lot, even if he is playing over his head, but it will never happen unless he miraculously has a change of heart. Imagine we had him instead of Fred Jones, we would be in a different situation right now I bet. Anyways it will never happen so let's stop talking about it. /thread.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #20
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

He looks o.k, but i don't really see him being the answer unless you get him without costing your team someone like Bargnani and a first rounder. Sure Bargnani is looking lost in the offensive zone at this time, but there's no denying his value in the defensive zone. I think he can grow into a real game changer in the defensive zone and because of his mobility is becoming more valuable with our new commitment to defence. Lack of practice time is messing up his offence right now and you wouldn't get true value if you were to shop him. If he were to stay off the 3 point line and start playing more on the blocks his value would increase tremendously and no one would be talking about his failings. Hopefully with practice time he gets back to playing in the paint like earlier in the year. That's where he belongs.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bargnani + 1st I wouldn't do unless it's Salmons and Thompson coming back. No way for Salmons alone especially since that 1st round pick might end up being in the lottery.

Bargnani alone though? I'd strongly consider it and probably do it. Below-average big man for slightly above-average swing man? Why not? The only reason not to do it is if you think the Raptors can either get something better (plausible) or Bargnani still can become something good (yea right).
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #22
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

BC needs to keep some of those draft picks. Even if he has trouble using them, we need to keep some of them. Every year their are diamonds to be found. I don't want BC shopping on the other side of the Atlantic because we have no picks to use on this side.

Last edited by b4ball : 12-28-2008 at 02:19 PM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #23
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
BC needs to keep some of those draft picks. Even if he has trouble using them, we need to keep some of them. Every year their are diamonds to be found. I don't want BC to shopping on the other side of the Atlantic because we have no picks to use on this side.

Yes it seems like so long since Raptor fans have looked forward to a meaningful draft. Obviously you would deal the pick for a significant upgrade now but I'd prefer some more young talent on the team.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #24
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

I would not trade Bargnani for Salmons straight up. 7'0, highly skilled first overall draft pick, 23 years old, always regarded as a project, showing a lot of flashes of quality 3 seasons into his career, for a 29-year-old journeyman swingman having the only impressive season of his career? That's the kind of deal that would get us laughed at around the league. Salmons for Bargnani and a first is a pure insult and should have been rejected out of hand with as many swearwords as possible. Maybe I'd give a second look to Salmons and a first for Bargnani, but I'd rather be looking elsewhere.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
7'0, highly skilled first overall draft pick, 23 years old, always regarded as a project, showing a lot of flashes of quality 3 seasons into his career

Sugar-coating to the absolute extreme.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #26
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Sugar-coating to the absolute extreme.

:

Perhaps so. But that's what the Raptors should be selling, not some schmuck who would need to be bundled with a first round pick to even be maybe worth John Salmons. It damages the Raps to even have such stupid rumours out there.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: