Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #31
derfliw
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Steve Francis a Grizzly once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrassIsGreen
He had the surgery almost 10 months ago. For a torn quadriceps tendon, recovery time is less then half that. And if I had the opportunity to drop his contract, I would do it right away so as to not let the other team back out. Whether it's Christmas or Christmas Eve is irrelevant.

I dont think it's Francis' fault. Houston just didnt have him on their plans thats why he's not playing. He's a professional through and through unlike marbury who had to create a scene. I dont think its just a matter of cap space. They didnt give up any player for Francis. And remember they just waived Antoine Walker. so they were really looking for a top tier point guard to START for them. Yes, I honestly think that Conley is good enough only as a back-up point guard... Sorry folks. Just my opinion. let's just wait and see.
derfliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:30 AM   #32
stevieming
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Francis has an expiring contract so he will come off the books for Memphis next year. Really sad to see Steve traded....again. He took less money to come here, could have went to the LAC or MIA for the mid-level exception. They did him cold but hey, that is the biz right? He didn't even get a chance this season. For all he's done for the City (more importantly off the court), they could have handled this better. On Christmas Eve too?!? Damn. That is messed up. Couldn't even wait until after the holidays.

damn right man...I am really pissed at adelman...the dude had heart and would have played really hard for the rockets, yeah so he aint the player he use to be, but I could see him playing with more hustle and energy as a bench player then head...

people go on about rafer and brooks....rafer is garbage....inconsistent o and terrible d...brooks is too small and young...you telling me sf3 couldn't dump a pass to yao and then do a straight cut.....which is what they do....

Also SF3 would play more d then rafer....

I hope steve plays well in memphis to show that he still got game, once he's fully rehabbed....
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #33
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

**** Steve Francis. Typical dumbass thug. Hope he goes bankrupt and ends up homeless and on the street by next Christmas, ON Christmas, but no later than three Christmas's from now.

Christmas.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #34
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

must be hard for francis to go from a frachise player to not even playing. how did he fall off so hard. wasnt just injuries. hope he gets minutes in memphis
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 AM   #35
ronnymac
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterL
must be hard for francis to go from a frachise player to not even playing. how did he fall off so hard. wasnt just injuries. hope he gets minutes in memphis
Dont be suprised if memphis buys him out.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:54 AM   #36
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Some of you guys don't understand how the NBA works:

Grizzlies get:

Steve Francis Expirer
Money to cover all of Francis's contract
2nd round pick in 2009

Rockets get:
Luxury tax relief (b/c Francis's contract is off the books)
Conditional 2nd round pick

The luxury tax is 1 for 1 when a team is over the limit, so the Rockets save the full amount against Francis's contract by getting rid of him.

The Grizzlies get a 2nd round pick this year and don't have to pay anything for Francis.

Great deal for both teams.

And yes, Francis is done. This is totally a financial deal and a deal for the Rockets and a deal for the Grizzlies to get a draft pick.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: