Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Smile bibby for iverson??

hey guys i was jus reading some rumors and i saw that the "ivy" rumors again. and they were saying somthing about .. the 6ers should trade him to the west and they were jus throwing around teams name..... personally i'm tired of trading with the 6ers but!....... would u guys ever consider it tho a duo of ivy and artest sound deadly to me.... our defense would be amazing .... we could send bibby and kenny for ivy and steven hunter and what ever else takes the trade to go through....

i'm not to cane on sending bibby but if ivy is in the mix y not gamble... we would look like a defensive team and bibby gets to play for his father

st line up

brad miller/loren woods/vitaly potapenko
SAR/steven hunter(center also)/big nasty williamson
ron artest/fransico garcia
kevin martin/john salmons/quincy douby
allen iverson/john salmons/ronnie price

we look like a deep team what do u think???

Last edited by Perezident : 09-19-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
hey guys i was jus reading some rumors and i saw that the "ivy" rumors again. and they were saying somthing about .. the 6ers should trade him to the west and they were jus throwing around teams name..... personally i'm tired of trading with the 6ers but!....... would u guys ever consider it tho a duo of ivy and artest sound deadly to me.... our defense would be amazing .... we could send bibby and kenny for ivy and steven hunter and what ever else takes the trade to go through....

i'm not to cane on sending bibby but if ivy is in the mix y not gamble... we would look like a defensive team and bibby gets to play for his father

st line up

brad miller/loren woods/vitaly potapenko
SAR/steven hunter(center also)/big nasty williamson
ron artest/fransico garcia
kevin martin/john salmons/quincy douby
allen iverson/john salmons/ronnie price

we look like a deep team what do u think???

Most King fans will hate this but AI is posible, but the price would be too much! It might have to be Bibby and Artest. And I don't like that! And even for KG it would be Miller and Artest. Every one who wants to trade with the Kings want Artest. But if they do it would be throwing the season away to prepare for the future. But I could be wrong!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

we both could be wrong.... but if this was to happen i think the maloofs are clearly acting as if they want to win now
Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I might do it. To be honest I like the way Bibby fits our team better but if we traded for Iverson I would accept him and I'd probably be pretty excited. He's a better defender than Bibby. He'd have to stop scoring as much though because Artest, Marter, and Miller will need the ball too. I'd love to get Steven Hunter back in a trade. Still doesn't fix our problem at PF and a trade for Iverson still doesn't get us a shotblocker/rebounder although an Iverson/Artest combo could probably go somewhere.

BTW when'd you hear this and where? If possible can you get a link?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

hey brad good post.... i kno it'll be a gamble but who knows men i'm sure ivy would sell alot of tickets n arco ...payroll can sky rocket.... and i think ivy plays with more heart... and again the defense would be great in the back court.... and ivy could stay with fast point guards

i think steven hunter would address our shot blocking and rebounding needs hes a solid role player n my view

heres the link http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14900136/

Last edited by Perezident : 09-19-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
hey brad good post.... i kno it'll be a gamble but who knows men i'm sure ivy would sell alot of tickets n arco ...payroll can sky rocket.... and i think ivy plays with more heart... and again the defense would be great in the back court.... and ivy could stay with fast point guards

heres the link http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14900136/

While I think that article was purely an opinion about what the 6ers should do, that definitely got me excited thinking about it. Our defense would be really good, Iverson and Martin are very quick while Artest can take the big strong guys or someone like Kobe or TMac. Iverson wouldn't allow as much penetration as Bibby(who would be happy to play with Webber again) so that would make the job on Miller and SAR easier.

I think the Maloofs would do it. Everyone would start buying Iverson jerseys and that would make them a ton of money. If we made a move for a superstar like Iverson and we can get the fans who aren't as extreme as me and you hyped up that would get more voters for the arena. Iverson would be on a much better team that is more talented.

There are a few question marks though. If I remember right Iverson and Salmons don't really like eachother, and wasn't the whole point of signing Salmons to see how he could play without Iverson? Then again if you have a chance at Iverson you don't let a silly role player like Salmons who can be traded get in the way of that right? Iverson doesn't practice sometimes, would that work well with Musselman? Would Iverson turn down the Scoring a few points? I'd think he'd have to considering Artest will want his touches, Miller will get you 14-15 points, Martin is poised for a breakout year, SAR is looking to bounce back and score some points(although with all the scorers like Artest and Iverson I'd think you could trade him for a better defender/shotblocker anyway. You probably wouldn't need that much scoring). I'd think Iverson would have to put up 25/11 rather than 33/7, but the funny thing is if he wanted to he could do it.

It would be really nice to have Iverson on the team though I think. We could use a PG that can break ankles and create off the dribble like he can. I think he'd cooperate with Musselman because there'd be obvious potential for a long play off run. Every year people says he'll break down but he doesn't seem too. Even if he starts to decline 25/7 in a few years is still really nice.

Also seem to remember reading about ESPN saying we were interested in him on kingsfans.com a while ago. Don't really remember though.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #7
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

brad miller u've dne it again bro honestly........... awsome post dog!! u hit all aspects about this rumor persay......umm 2 things i like what u said bro ... that salmons thing...HALRIOUS !! if this could happen who the hell is salmons to say no dnt do it???? lol.

and the thought of ivy wanting to lower his stats to play for a team destine for a championship...... but i was saying with ivy.. we all know he can be as cold as greenland when it come to making shots but you see this is not philly where it was either ivy or no one because their team sucked..... we have guys (if ivy comes) who can be instant go to guys. And i love what you said about bibby.... i would hate to see him go but its a plus for him he gets to play for his father... and be reunited with webber...On top of that they can play that king style of basketball in the east...MO cheeks alows them the players to do what ever they want soooooooooooo..........i say go for it
Old 09-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
Targus™
Good college starter

trading away Bibby would be like throwing away the direction in which this franchise is going, I mean this is Bibby's team, he calls the shots. So if we let him go, all the preparing and chemistry that they have going....goes down the drain. I take nothing away from Allen Iverson, great player and all, but he is not the shooter that Bibby is, and I don't think he would fit into the system with the players we have....if you think about it, we'll sort'of look like the Sixers a few years ago with A.I, Salmons..Kenny Thomas, Corliss...I don't see it happening at all.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Iverson
2005-06 PHI 72 43.1 11.3 25.3 44.7 1.0 3.1 32.3 9.4 11.5 81.4 0.6 2.6 3.2 7.4 3.4 1.9 0.1 1.7 33.0

Bibby
2005-06 SAC 82 38.6 7.3 16.9 43.2 2.3 6.1 38.6 4.2 4.9 84.9 0.4 2.6 2.9 5.4 2.4 1.0 0.1 2.1 21.1

If Sac can trade for Iverson without giving up Artest, that might be cool. But don't see it happening! But if it did having Miller Artest and Iverson would be crazy!!! And I be even more crazier if the Kings fire their newly hired coach and higher Larry Brown. I love to see that Brown trying to control Iverson and Artest!!! lol lol.
Can Iverson and Artest co-exist?
Who came up with this rumor?
By Sam Smith
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 12:35 a.m. PT Sept 19, 2006

OK. This is Sam Smith opion.

Philly has to realize it won’t get value for mercurial star
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bibby for iverson seems like a good deal for everyone, but only if Phili is bent on trading AI. Bibby is one of the best offers they will get and his expiring contract could give them some cap relief.

AI/Martin/Artest/Anyone/Miller = WCF at worst
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #11
Targus™
Good college starter

ok tell me...where does the shooting come from?? artest is incosistant, same with brad miller who can occasionally knock down the three. who will you rely on, kevin martin?? douby??
Old 09-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
trading away Bibby would be like throwing away the direction in which this franchise is going, I mean this is Bibby's team, he calls the shots. So if we let him go, all the preparing and chemistry that they have going....goes down the drain. I take nothing away from Allen Iverson, great player and all, but he is not the shooter that Bibby is, and I don't think he would fit into the system with the players we have....if you think about it, we'll sort'of look like the Sixers a few years ago with A.I, Salmons..Kenny Thomas, Corliss...I don't see it happening at all.

Am I the only one who really didn't like to read that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
ok tell me...where does the shooting come from?? artest is incosistant, same with brad miller who can occasionally knock down the three. who will you rely on, kevin martin?? douby??

I'd be fine with Martin and Miller as the outside shooting. Maybe we could get another outside shooting 4 for Reef. Miller knocked down 3s at the same % as Bibby. Martin knocks down 3s at a 37% clip, like 40% as the starter. I've seen a lot of people ***** and complain about Miller's outside shooting and lack of inside play on all boards but that is something that is really good about him. It might create an unorthodox team but it opens things up for a player like Iverson or Artest who slash and post. Artest will take a lot of 3s anyway and he's been working on his outside shot over the summer. Garcia is a quite good outside shooter even though his FG% didn't reflect it although the Sixers might ask for him too IMO.

I'm fine with Miller shooting a lot of 3s because he's got the range and it opens the paint up for the post players like Artest and it would help a slasher like Iverson. I'm with Martin taking 3s because he hits them. I'm fine with Artest taking 3s because he's working on his shot.

You're overexaggerating here.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #13
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

targus good point i see where u are coming from but thats where garcia and kevin come in .... u guys are crying about resignin bonzi back because you would want those guys to step up... what better time for them to make their mistakes now rather than down the road if u ask me...... those guys can shot the three good.... and what u said about this is bibby's team.....
what i want u to do is where u typed bibby's name in that post about this being bibby's team and replace it with webber.... and tell me if that sounds familiar to you????

we said the same thing about webber.... oh this is webbers team we shouldnt trade him.....ohh webber calls the shots...webber is our go to guy blah blah blah....... and u see what happened huh?? we traded him for a bunch of scrubs ..a la micheal bradley n kenny thomas for the so called great webber....
my thing is at least if this were to go down we would get a former mvp a guy who has experience in the finals..... nba scoring champ... and a (how many times) nba allstar..... But i agree this is bibby's team now !!!
oh and also if you were following the fifa world games.... brad miller was a dangerous threat from beyond the arc so he can also hit the three
and again if a trade like this would happen.... dnt forget we still have expiring contracts..... we could trade them to get a three point threat like damon jones hedo turk. etc jus throwing in names on that one
Old 09-20-2006, 12:11 AM   #14
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Am I the only one who really didn't like to read that?

no ur not the onli one n i think he is getting over him self 2 jus chill bro
were not the gm's and we dnt want bibby to go ne where but were just sayin it'll be great if that was to go down...since were goin for a new identity and new style
Old 09-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #15
Targus™
Good college starter

so BradMiller52...u dont think bibby is the leader of this team? He has been here longer than anybody else on the squad, who is a big time clutch player, might have shown weak signs of being able to lead a team the way others do (Kobe, KG) but by no means, Mike Bibby is the leader of this team. Ron has only been here not even half a season, not the right time to start telling people what to do.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: