Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can you dunk?

6"5 black and can dunk...I used to be able to do more but now I can only do fairly standard stuff with a little emphasis. I might still be able to reverse but havent touched a ball seriously in like 3 months
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #17
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

5'9", white, nope. Used to be able to get my middle finger above the rim was about it, and probably can't even do that now because I got outta shape.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odomize
can't even touch the lowest part of the net.

are you serious? what's your stats? and another notable factor would be age, and i'm 18
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #19
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

5'6 Afghan, can't dunk.
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #20
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

white 5'7" and can touch backboard but no rim
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #21
Kleiza7

180~ cant dunk
Old 12-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #22
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

iam 5'9 1/2 ,mexican and i can grasp the the rim i would have been well on my way to dunking but i stopped working out and got lazy so no i cant dunk
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #23
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

7'0, white, yes (ofc)

2 handed tomahawk off 1 leg
basic 2 handed off 2 legs
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #24
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

6'4" white guy and yes (but not right now).

Before I strained my hip complex I was getting up 3/4 of my forearm past the rim off 1 foot and could snag the 180 if I went at it from under the rim, but I cant even get lift anymore.

OT, can anybody help me out? I got the next 2 days off from practice so I can roll with pretty much anything. Sometime after powercleaning (275 fyi) I suppose I caught too low and either strained a ligament in my hip or I pulled one of my hip flexors/oblique/groin muscles. This happend over a month ago, but im sure it was the issue of an injury I never took care of and the hell of this whole thing is that I dont know which muscle it is for sure. Its an adductor of some sort fer shure because it only hurts when I run or cut or jump in a way that tweaks only the type of motion that relys on that. Neither ice nor psoas stretching of any sort has helped, although heat right before practice at least lets me gimp along.

My athletic trainer is out of town until right before our next game. Any suggestions? I would be much appreciative.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #25
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am 6'0" and I can jump up and slap the rim with the tips of my fingers, but I cant quite get high enough to dunk it. I have enormous hands and can palm a basketball really easily.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #26
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
I am 6'0" and I can jump up and slap the rim with the tips of my fingers, but I cant quite get high enough to dunk it. I have enormous hands and can palm a basketball really easily.

you sport a picture of the beastliest athlete of all time in your avatar and you can't even throw it down? shame on you for associating the gorrilla with such weak athleticism.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I'm white, 6'5, and cannot dunk. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up lol. My hands are too small to be able to palm the ball, and I'll admit, I have zero hops.

you dont palm a ball when you jump of 1 ft thats the misconception you just like hold it up as long as you get half enough you dont need to palm it
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #28
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
you dont palm a ball when you jump of 1 ft thats the misconception you just like hold it up as long as you get half enough you dont need to palm it

not really, it'd help A LOT if you can palm it, if not you have to grasp it in between your forearm and you hand, and to do that you have to be well above the rim . so when you're 6'3 and below you need to palm it, given that you have a 25-30" vert .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #29
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

6'4 Can Dunk, at younglife practice today i had 5 dunk one dunk where i think i took a like a step infront of the FT line on a fastbreak so like 12 ft out and i dunk it taking off 2 feet WOW.

ive been able to dunk when i was a 15 yr old freshman i was like 5'6 i could dunk of an oop if it was right next to the rim i used to have serious bounce since i played basketball on my school team and played it 24/7 then i started to grow so my legs got longer, and i couldnt exert the same amount of force so my vert went way down. as a Junior last year i was like 5'11.5 a started getting my bounce again, then i like just stopped playing basketball. so couldnt dunk well. Then I grew again. A few weeks ago i decided to play Younglife, and wanted to like shyt on the league so i started working out everyday and i got my bounce back.

i said b4 that ill record the younglife games and post the highlights of me shyttying on ppl. My goal is to score 50 pts in a game
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #30
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can still throw down 2 handers, tomahawks and alleys. Either 1 foot or 2.

Though when I trained everyday, windmill was the best dunk I could do. I could do a pump reverse, though nowadays if I'm doing a reverse its just a regular one.

I'm 235lbs now due to bulking up, where as when I played I was about 210lbs. My running vert used to be 34' inches, where as now I'd say its 31ish.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: