Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #31
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can you dunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
6'4 Can Dunk, at younglife practice today i had 5 dunk one dunk where i think i took a like a step infront of the FT line on a fastbreak so like 12 ft out and i dunk it taking off 2 feet WOW.

ive been able to dunk when i was a 15 yr old freshman i was like 5'6 i could dunk of an oop if it was right next to the rim i used to have serious bounce since i played basketball on my school team and played it 24/7 then i started to grow so my legs got longer, and i couldnt exert the same amount of force so my vert went way down. as a Junior last year i was like 5'11.5 a started getting my bounce again, then i like just stopped playing basketball. so couldnt dunk well. Then I grew again. A few weeks ago i decided to play Younglife, and wanted to like shyt on the league so i started working out everyday and i got my bounce back.

i said b4 that ill record the younglife games and post the highlights of me shyttying on ppl. My goal is to score 50 pts in a game

you're that tall and that good? i have to see this .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #32
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
6'4 Can Dunk, at younglife practice today i had 5 dunk one dunk where i think i took a like a step infront of the FT line on a fastbreak so like 12 ft out and i dunk it taking off 2 feet WOW.

ive been able to dunk when i was a 15 yr old freshman i was like 5'6 i could dunk of an oop if it was right next to the rim i used to have serious bounce since i played basketball on my school team and played it 24/7 then i started to grow so my legs got longer, and i couldnt exert the same amount of force so my vert went way down. as a Junior last year i was like 5'11.5 a started getting my bounce again, then i like just stopped playing basketball. so couldnt dunk well. Then I grew again. A few weeks ago i decided to play Younglife, and wanted to like shyt on the league so i started working out everyday and i got my bounce back.

i said b4 that ill record the younglife games and post the highlights of me shyttying on ppl. My goal is to score 50 pts in a game

Post some videos of yourself dunking, I seriously can't believe that.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #33
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

yeah plus i thought you were like 13 . and when you posted those pics in the post your pics section you didn't look anything over 5'10 .
Old 12-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #34
dwight20-20
future footer

dwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation here

lilojmayo if you are seriously this good you need to be playing for your high school team. If you are as good as you say you are you definitely could play division 1. I still dont believe you though. You could dunk alley oops when you were a 5' 6" freshman and you dunked from 12 feet out off 2 feet? yeah right.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #35
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

Jan 10 is our first game ill post the highlights on ISH, i could go to the park, but its so Cold in Ohio right now

its going to be fun tho everybody at my school is talking shyt saying they are going to shut me down. I just say we will c its going to be fun tho i cant wait
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #36
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Awesome we are all waiting for the highlights. Make sure to tape it. Bring extra cameras and tape just to be sure to catch it for us.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #37
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

if this is true, we officially can't talk junk about lilojmayo anymore . not that i ever did ..
Old 12-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #38
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

6'0, i can dunk a tennis ball close on volley ball. If i did one of those vert. jump programs i could easily dunk. Just too lazy to look into something like that.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #39
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
if this is true, we officially can't talk junk about lilojmayo anymore . not that i ever did ..

GOAT POAST OF THE DAY

Old 12-26-2008, 11:16 PM   #40
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

lost about 15 inches of vert from my peak. i'm 6'4", a former high jumper in track and field, and used get my head a couple inches from the rim. my favorite used to be driving baseline and reversing one-handed on the other side like jerry stackhouse used to do at unc. can't do that anymore obviously. used to take jumping for granted.

my prime athletic days are already over, and i'm not going to get it back. but if you're still young and athletically raw and want to add some inches to your vert, i can describe some of my old workouts that helped others too. run a couple sets of suicides or whatever makes your legs a little bit tired and then immediately go under the basket and jump as high as you can for 20 or 30 straight times. these are power jumps, not the little jump rope hops. those do nothing. anyway, if you can dunk the ball, dunk it 20-30 times or until you can't dunk anymore. if you can only dunk a tennis ball, do that. or if you can only touch the rim, hit that nonstop. do a couple sets of that and build more and add a few more repetitions each week. and if your legs don't feel like they're burining by that point, then you probably lying or you should be dunking by now anyway. the point is to work the muscles immediately and have repetitive hops that build super fast twitch explosion.

another exericise i really hated but was effective was the "chair" exercise. no, there's no chair to sit on, but you make your body position sit as if there was an imaginary chair. you go to a wall and do this. press your back side against the wall, and bend your legs down to form the "sitting position" as if there was an imaginary chair under your ass. you should be forming something that looks like a box with your feet and knees at 90degrees angle everywhere. don't bounce and just hold that position for as long as you can. it's an endurance exercise and everyone has different thresholds, but if you do it right, your quads should be burning like hell afterwards. this exercise also builds stronger knees.

and of course, do stretching before and afterwards.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #41
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight20-20
lilojmayo if you are seriously this good you need to be playing for your high school team. If you are as good as you say you are you definitely could play division 1. I still dont believe you though. You could dunk alley oops when you were a 5' 6" freshman and you dunked from 12 feet out off 2 feet? yeah right.

as a 5'6 freshman if an alley oop was like right next to the rim i could dunk it. now i can take off from about 12 ft but im 10 inch taller.
i could play D-II no doubt right now, because some players that went to my school that are now in college play D-II and start on their teams and i was better than them. Not Sure about D-1 tho since nobody i know plays it so i couldnt compare myself to anyone

a 5-5 freshman 120lbs look how hard i grabbed rim Now im 10-11 in taller 50lbs heavier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBec...e=channel_page
Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #42
Phar
Banned

Phar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

5'5, mixed, can't dunk. I know guys who are a smidge taller than me who can actually grab the rim, but I can only touch the lowest part of the nylon on a good day..which is rare. I will have my day!

Phar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #43
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

SHEED_ gangsta has decent reputationSHEED_ gangsta has decent reputation

6 ft, black, can dunk on a good day, 2 footed jumper, if I could jump off 1 foot running I'd be throwing down 360s but I can't. I have to stop and go up off 2 feet
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #44
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

6'3" white, 15 almost 16 years old. No i cant. I can almost get my whole hand above rim. Gonna lift the whole spring and summer tho.. what lifts help the most? calf raises, squat, cleans...?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #45
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
6'3" white, 15 almost 16 years old. No i cant. I can almost get my whole hand above rim. Gonna lift the whole spring and summer tho.. what lifts help the most? calf raises, squat, cleans...?

squat, then when you've got your leg strength up, box jumps and sprints
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: