Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #16
Jamz Nayschmidt

Default Re: Song Of 2008

Got to be Lollipop or Put On.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #17
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Lights and Music - Cut Copy
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
Kensta
National High School Star

Kensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected poster

MGMT - Kids

Last edited by Kensta : 12-27-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Kensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
Big Deal
Banned

Big Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakitoEspanoza
Viva la Vida

Overrated peice of trash.
Big Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #20
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its gotta be "A milli". I didn't think it was that great, but the fact that it had like a million remixes says a lot.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #21
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

larry pierce - good hard screwing

close 2nd place:
larry pierce - this girl makes me horny

oh **** actually these are from 1997

in that case:

radiohead - jigsaw falling into place
or
mgmt - time to pretend
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #22
crounsa810

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

Lil Wayne should be banned from any mention of song of the year or anything deserving recognition. Why do people love this guy? I listened to two songs and felt like an idiot. It sounds like he sits with a rhyming dictionary and goes "hmmmm, well these two words rhyme, what makes sense? Oh wait, **** making sense, I'll just write something pointless".

For example:

"And the al mighty power of dat chit cha cha chopper,
Sister, Brother, Son, Daughter, Father motha **** a copper,
Got da maserati dancin on the bridge ***** poppin,
Tell the coppers..hahahaha you cant catch em, you cant stop em,
I go by them goon rules if you cant beat em then you pop em,"
-From SongMeanings.net

WTF???????!!!! Maybe he should write something that makes sense. I still don't understand the big deal with him. Looks like a lowlife who needs to take a shower. Doesn't matter though. He's stupid. He'll end up dead in about a year. Then everyone will cry how he was such a good person and such a great artist and blah blah blah then move on to the next thing. At least Tupac made songs with meanings behind them, not ****.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Please, I could easily pull lyrics that make sense and have meaning, stop pulling his worst lyrics.

Quote:
i knock on the door
hope isnt home
faith's not around the luck's all gone
dont ask me whats wrong
ask me whats right
and i'ma tell you whats life
and did you know
i lost everything but i ain't the only one
first came the hurricane then the morning sun
excuse me if i'm on one and dont trip if i light one
i walk a tight one
they try tell me keep my eyes open
my whole city under water some ppl still floatin'
and they wonder why black ppl still voting
Cuz your president still chokin
take away the football team the basketball team
now all we got is me to represent New Orleans.
no governor, no help from the mayor
jus a steady beatin heart and a wish and a prayer
let's pray
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #24
crounsa810

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

IMO, the best song of 2008 was a toss up between Bad Girlfriend - Theory of a Deadman and Broken - Lifehouse. Those are my picks. Bad Girlfriend was a fun song and Broken was a song with a good meaning behind it. If I had to choose based on what was on the radio the most, I would go with Viva La Vida. I like it, but its a little too played out for me right now to be the best for me. But it was an unescapable song. It was everywhere.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
crounsa810

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Please, I could easily pull lyrics that make sense and have meaning, stop pulling his worst lyrics.
I find it hard to believe that last line. Lil Wayne? Pray? To who, the devil? He doesn't look like a "praying" man.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #26
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

?

You hate him that much? He's a satanist to you? I'm going to remember this one and use it for future references.

You clearly only listen to his hits and not his albums, he always mentions god and heaven and his intentions of seeing both, so don't act surprised.

Off the top of my head:

Quote:
I put it down like its too heavy
Rocking out with the world in my hands
Heaven in my plans
I swear I am important like the evanescence of saying
im just trying to make my alphabets as heavy as I can
how do I live... when im as deadly as I am
Old 12-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #27
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

maybe a little bit gay, but i might have to go for Leona Lewis-Bleeding Love. It did well on the charts and no matter how gangster u are, u still kinda like that song lol
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
v-unit
NBA All-star

I'm a bigger fan of "Better in Time"
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #29
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I'm a bigger fan of "Better in Time"

startin to like that song too.. at first i thought it was christina aguilera cuz they kinda sound alike
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #30
crounsa810

No not satanist. Just, idk, he doesn't look like a church going type of guy. I don't hate him, I just hate how everyone thinks he such a genius. I don't get it. It gives me a headache to listen to him. I admit, Lollipop was catchy, and a few of his songs are decent, but most of it makes no sense. Basically, I'm tired of rappers bragging about how much money they have and all of a sudden everyone thinks they're a genius. Rap used to be a way to speak out, to get a message out. Now it's just a brag show and a way to flaunt their money and crap.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: