Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default UFC 92 Thread: Take your picks!!!

Who you guys got winning in the headliners?

Page vs. Wand

Nog vs. Mir(for the belt)

Evans vs. Griffin(for the belt)

???
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
dware94
Banned

dware94 has decent reputationdware94 has decent reputation
Default Re: UFC 92 Thread: Take your picks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Who you guys got winning in the headliners?

Page vs. Wand

Nog vs. Mir(for the belt)

Evans vs. Griffin(for the belt)

???

rampage, mir, forest griffin
dware94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

My heart says Wand, Nog, Griffin.

My head says Page, Nog, Griffin.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
lefthook00
College star

bump
Old 12-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
The Myth
Banned

The Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

My picks;

Silva vs Jackson - Silva by TKO round 2

Nog vs Mir - Nog via Rear Naked Choke Round 2

Forrest vs Evans - Forrest via split decision

Wouldn't really say that Nog/Mir is for the belt, it's only the interim belt. We all know who the real champ is, and will be when it's all said & done.

BROCK LESNAR

Last edited by The Myth : 12-27-2008 at 04:30 PM.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

I wish Lidell was fighitng tonite, it'd make that card all the sweeter. Or even GSP or whatshisname(MJ of mma?).

These fights are real close to call at least.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I got Wandy, Evans, and Nog for the big fights of the night. Looking at the card at first I was pretty excited because it seemed like a stacked card, but I thought about it and it really isn't that great anymore to me. Most people are thinking Mir/Nog will be a lopsided fight, early in the year who would've called Evans/Griffin main event worthy? Wandy/Rampage should be a good fight, but Wandy is a shadow of his former self and I don't think we can really know what to expect out of Rampage.

Not saying its a bad card, it's a really solid card but I don't think it's as great as I first thought it to be.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Nog is pretty much as close to a lock as you can get.
My gut feeling says Rashad over Griffin in a decision.
Rampage should be able to handle Silva.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth
My picks;

Silva vs Jackson - Silva by TKO round 2

Nog vs Mir - Nog via Rear Naked Choke Round 2

Forrest vs Evans - Forrest via split decision

Wouldn't really say that Nog/Mir is for the belt, it's only the interim belt. We all know who the real champ is, and will be when it's all said & done.

BROCK LESNAR

I have the exact thing but I got Nog with the unanimous dec. Mir's strength will last the distance.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Silva over Rampage with a vicious knee to the skull
Griffin as long as it goes past the first round
Nog over Mir

Those aren't predictions, they're facts waiting to unfold
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

any links? anyone?
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #12
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Evans over Forest (don't know why, gut feeling I guess)
Nogueria over Mir

The Rampage-Wand fight is tough to call for me. I know that Wand has had Page's number in the past but when Page is motivated its hard to count him out and Wand isn't as good as he once was.

Anyways, I guess I'll go with Page but it is 50-50 for me. Might also be a homer pick as well as Page is my second favourite fighter after GSP.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #13
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Kongo dominated that fight. That was some relentless GnP and I thought the fight would've been stopped earlier than it was.

It was pretty funny to see Kongo give the knee in the balls after he got kneed. You could tell he was pissed off and it looked like he was sending a message there.

Wand-Page is coming up next.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #14
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rampage Knocks Silva Da *** Out
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Damn, Page knocked Silva the **** out. Silva was out before he hit the mat.

Two dominant performances from Rampage and Kongo's camp. These two looked very good tonight.

So far I am 1-1 on my predictions of the three big fights (I also predicted Kongo would win but I don't think I posted that on here).

Last edited by The Italian : 12-27-2008 at 10:48 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: