Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Got a Ticket today for Having an Air Freshener?

Im driving literally less then a mile from my house. Going to visit some fam while on vacation. I get stopped by a cop who sees me the K turned and pulls me over. The demands my licencse and registration. I give it to him. Then demands I open the glove department. I saw why and then he puts his hand on his holster. So I open it and then he demander to see my swifter duster as if it was crack. Then I ask him why Im being pulled over and he wont tell me. Then I ask for his badge number because this was getting crazy. Then he goes back writes me a ticket for the air freshener and then having an obstructed license plate. The said that the suspect was a black male driving a blue car. The report was that he ran into a telephone pole and knocked it over. And the report was filed to the police at 2:45 I was pulled over at 2:46 and called my boy at 2:51 after the initail giving of the regstration. It is literally impossible for me to have hit a pole and driven 15 miles to this spot. But guy had the tell me to address him as sir and say "wouldnt it be the smart thing to do". Im driving my moms 2008 Maxima that is brand new and fully loaded so its obviously that I didnt run through a pole. I guess police can just pull over any black dude they see...Then I go to the police station and to file harassment charges and they wont let me file them...and are forcing me to wait til Monday to go to the captain...Im in the NWA mood right now....F tha Police

Obstructed vision for an air freshner...after I get pulled over for being black. The guy literally told me he would be negligent if he didnt pul over any black guy driving a black, blue, violet, or gray car within 15 miles of the accident. Then he said he didnt even think that I was black to start the convo

Last edited by Younggrease : 12-27-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Got a Ticket today for Having an Air Freshener?

That's some bullshit man. At least you know your law shit.

Since when was an air freshner illegal?

Last edited by Hawker : 12-27-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can smell Al Sharpton from here.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

I didnt matter I explained how dumb it was. He tried to rationalize then I made him look stupid again. He tried to pull out legal mumbo jumbo which he had no idea what it meant and I made him look stupid again. I doesnt matter the guy would not even let me file a harassment suit against the cop. He sat there put his finger in my chest when I questioned the officer. Then he mad when I said it was arbitrary and that I was threatened. Then he responded that I was scaring him because I was 6"5. I then said Im a law student who isnt throwing his life away, you have a gun, a baton, a badge and the benefit of the doubt on any discreptance that might arise. Dumbass people...

Quote:
I can smell Al Sharpton from here

I gonna go through every resource I have to have these people repremanded as long as it doesnt cost me money .I know some pretty well respected lawyers in top firms in NJ...Im gonna to them as soon as I get back to campus.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I gonna go through every resource I have to have these people repremanded as long as it doesnt cost me money .I know some pretty well respected lawyers in top firms in NJ...Im gonna to them as soon as I get back to campus.

I saw a Dateline piece on Police stations' outright refusal to exercise the thought of a complaint. Not only did they not take them seriously, it takes an act of god for the idiot at the desk to fork out a complaint form. Don't feel bad, they literally do it at every single police station in the entire country.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

unfortunately, just another a$$wipe cop who probably did not have a good christmas.... shame he had to act like an idiot. be glad he did not taser or pepper spray you or something....

there are mostly good cops out there, so its a shame when one like that ruins it for the rest.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
unfortunately, just another a$$wipe cop who probably did not have a good christmas.... shame he had to act like an idiot. be glad he did not taser or pepper spray you or something....

there are SOME good cops out there, so its a shame when one like that ruins it for the rest.

FIXED
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't lie, you know you hit that telephone pole, froze time, and got to where you were.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #9
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

there are mostly good cops out there, so its a shame when one like that ruins it for the rest.

He brings up a good point. I'm really glad that he didn't use force especially since he said he was "scared" because you were 6'5" .

It's hard not to be suspicios of officers when they do sh*t like this.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

Since when was an air freshner illegal?

anything hanging from your rearview mirror as well as license plate holders with words around them are illegal . learned it in traffic school, the teacher said that usually cops won't pull you over for it, but it just depends if the cop decides to be a bitch about it
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

two things:

1. police pull dick moves like that to all people. not just black people. i've had police treat me like **** more times than i can remember, and i dont even have an ounce of ethnicity in my appearance.

2. every time i hear these stories, it seems like the person telling it is exaggerating or adding details that didnt actually happen at the time, but are common to these types of stories. i've been with some of my own black friends in the car when we've got pulled over, and then heard them tell the story later to others and include stuff that didnt even actually happen. "he said there was a report of a black guy" or "he talked down to me in some southern accent with racial undertones." i honestly think black people exaggerate these stories to sound like the stories they've heard other people tell, just for the sake of it. i'd bet good money the OP is doing that to some degree.

not saying things like this dont happen, but the stories are always the same. the truth is probably somewhere more in the middle.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #12
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
anything hanging from your rearview mirror as well as license plate holders with words around them are illegal

so why do all the dealerships put em on the cars they sell?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #13
Positive
High School Varsity 12th Man

Positive has decent reputationPositive has decent reputation

From what I've noticed especially from ******* cops, is if they don't meet their quota for that certain day/week/month whatever it may be, they're far more likely to try and stop people for retarded reasons. Or sometimes if you get a ticket and they're not at that quota they'll let you know about it then. The latter has happened to me, and it sucks.

It's probably more of this than the fact that you're black, but I'm definitely not saying it has nothing to do with it.
Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:40 AM   #14
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Same thing happened to my brother 3 XMas's ago. Got ticketed for the same thing driving back to Jersey. Some cops just want to make sure their bonus is good in place of not having a good XMas.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 AM   #15
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
two things:

1. police pull dick moves like that to all people. not just black people. i've had police treat me like **** more times than i can remember, and i dont even have an ounce of ethnicity in my appearance.

2. every time i hear these stories, it seems like the person telling it is exaggerating or adding details that didnt actually happen at the time, but are common to these types of stories. i've been with some of my own black friends in the car when we've got pulled over, and then heard them tell the story later to others and include stuff that didnt even actually happen. "he said there was a report of a black guy" or "he talked down to me in some southern accent with racial undertones." i honestly think black people exaggerate these stories to sound like the stories they've heard other people tell, just for the sake of it. i'd bet good money the OP is doing that to some degree.

not saying things like this dont happen, but the stories are always the same. the truth is probably somewhere more in the middle.

You can think what ever you want. Im not newbie with the law. My whole fam is police. I went directly to the police after this happened. Even went up there with up there with a family member. The chief up there flip on me and put his hand on my chest in broad daylight and then yelled at my aunt for no apparent reason. We went through the police report that was looking for a black male in a blue car. We went through the timeline. He wouldnt do anything, wouldnt even let me exercise my right to file a complaint. Then got mad at the end when I told him that my time is valuable andd he was wasting it and Im not in the mood for it.

What you said is the exact reason I will not tell any other student about what happened to me in real life. They will just assume im another black guy exaggerating a story. Well thats just life...

By the way, Im not mad about the tickets as much as Im mad about being pulled over because " I fit the profile of someone in this car doing property damage"(He didnt say you being pulled over for an air freshener) that would have made more sense and pissed me off less)...Wouldnt even give me a reason for being pulled over til near the end of the ordeal. My car is almost new and obviously didnt just run though a telephone pole 1 minute ago. Im mad Im pulled over near the side of the rode less then a mile from my house for literally 30 minutes with friends and neighbors driving by. Thats killing my rep for this dumb guys ego trip.

Last edited by Younggrease : 12-28-2008 at 03:28 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: