Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 12-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default More evidence why Barbosa should be traded

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...6spt-suns.html

In a game Thursday that the Suns led for 44 minutes and 33 seconds, the San Antonio Spurs outscored them by 10 in the 16 minutes that Suns guard Leandro Barbosa played.

It was just an example of two bigger problems - how the Suns reserves offered no scoring
punch (two points from four bench players) and how Barbosa struggles against the Spurs.

In Barbosa's past 18 regular-season and playoff games against the Spurs, he is shooting 34 percent from the field and 23 percent on 3-pointers. His only basket in five attempts Thursday was a layup.

Barbosa played in only the second and fourth quarters, sharing his court time with Matt Barnes, who shot 0 for 5. Barnes missed four 3-pointers, running his streak of 3-point misses to seven after he had improved his percentage to 44.4 percent with his first 3-pointer last Saturday.

Many Suns lamented the four off days before Thursday.

"That was tough," Barnes said of the break. "It was kind of a gift and a curse for everyone to gather their legs. At the same time, you get a little sluggish with that many days off. "

Barbosa and Barnes had their second-lowest shot totals of the season. Barbosa played 16 minutes, his fourth consecutive game with fewer than 20 because Jason Richardson's acquisition has left him to be primarily a backup point guard. He has shot 10 for 28 in those games.

Steve Nash, Amaré Stoudemire and Richardson play all of the first and third quarters in the new rotation. With Nash out to start the fourth quarter, the Suns scored once on a Stoudemire 3-point play as Barbosa missed three shots and Barnes turned it over twice. The Spurs tied the score with an 8-0 run before Nash scored on his first offensive play back.

"It is tough to recapture the rhythm, but we had our opportunities," said Nash, who had one of three turnovers in a 2:10 stretch. "I didn't have a lot of opportunities down the stretch. I don't think it made a big factor when I came in. When I came in down the stretch, we were going in on the post and doing some different things."

The Suns' 14-point fourth quarter was their worst offensively of the season, and it was the first quarter in which they failed to score 20 points since Dec. 3 at New Orleans, when Nash was out.

"We're getting better, but there's no more time and no more room for excuses," Stoudemire said. "We've got to stop saying, 'We're going to get better.' We've got to go ahead and do it and stop saying, 'We're going to do it.' We got to start speaking for the future rather than talking about the past and get these things done now."

The Suns held the Spurs to 39 first-half points and ended a 12-game streak of opponents' 100-plus scoring games, their longest such run since 1995.

Thursday's game marked the 10th time that the Suns had held an opponent below 45 percent shooting but the first such game they lost.

"I wouldn't say because we played decent defense that it's a revolution here," Nash said.

Now sure more than just Barbosa struggled off the bench but I still feel that it is time to end this relationship. Barbosa is a bag of ass, trade him.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Big Deal
Banned

Big Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputationBig Deal has a terrific reputation
Default Re: More evidence why Barbosa should be traded

Barbosa is a very good player, and if we wanted to trade him we could probably get somebody of value.

Any trade scenarios anybody can think of?
Big Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
WonkeyDonkey
live n die by the 3's.

WonkeyDonkey has an OK reputation so far

leandro played bad in the game @okc too. bad decisions and cold shooting.

just like why iverson shldnt play point for the pistons, barbosa shld not be playing pg for suns. they are 2s not 1s. dee brown is a better option than lb atm. i see no point in risking our chance to win just to give barbosa more minutes
WonkeyDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
drummer44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drummer44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonkeyDonkey
leandro played bad in the game @okc too. bad decisions and cold shooting.

just like why iverson shldnt play point for the pistons, barbosa shld not be playing pg for suns. they are 2s not 1s. dee brown is a better option than lb atm. i see no point in risking our chance to win just to give barbosa more minutes

The only reason D Brown is seeing some time is cause of Nash missing time the past two games. Brown isn't even in the same league as Barbs.

True, I'd like to see Barbs be more consistent. But he does give us 15 ppg and speed out there. Actually, coach is really starting to like him a lot. Last night is a prime example of what Barbs can do for you.

Keep in mind he's been gone for about a month of the season and just lost his mother. Barbs comes from a different background and is extremely family oriented. He's the best 6 mill a year player in the league.

He and Shaq are really starting to connect on the offensive end. Plus Barbs has been playing alot better defense .

To say D Brown is as good as Barbs is funny. He won't even be in the league next season.
drummer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
WonkeyDonkey
live n die by the 3's.

WonkeyDonkey has an OK reputation so far

im just saying that brown is a better backup pg option than barbosa.

barbosa is a very good scorer, but never really a playmaker.
i dont agree on trading barbosa too, he plays an important role in phx's offence.

an underrated player imo. only thing i dont like about lb is his inconsistency
WonkeyDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
drummer44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drummer44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonkeyDonkey
im just saying that brown is a better backup pg option than barbosa.

barbosa is a very good scorer, but never really a playmaker.
i dont agree on trading barbosa too, he plays an important role in phx's offence.

an underrated player imo. only thing i dont like about lb is his inconsistency

I'd like to see Barbs used more at PG than Brown. Brown to me is a liability at both ends of the floor.

Barbs should be seeing around 28 mpg, both with Nash in or out of the lineup. With Nash in the lineup I'd like to see an uptempo pace with Nash, Barbs, Barnes, Hill and Amare. With Nash and Amare out of the lineup I'd like to see Barbs at PG, Barnes, JRich, Hill and Shaq and a slow down pace going to Shaq to facilitate the offense and have Hill and Barnes cutting to the basket. With this lineup you got 2 three point shooters in JRich and Barbs, two slashers with Barnes and Hill. Also a pretty decent defensive lineup. I don't understand why coach doesn't run a two platoon offense, one a slow down lineup, a 2nd unit that just flys all over the court.
drummer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No no no Barbosa should stick to being the SG, he has even admitted on the after show that he doesn't know the plays when he's running the point. He is a failed experiment as a backup point guard. The kid can shoot though so just let him score and break down the D. Just hammer the play book down D Browns throat and until he gets real comfortable with that stick with Grant being the point forward.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: