Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default slumdog millionaire

Okay I finally saw this movie last night and thought i should comment on it. It is by far one of the best movies i have seen this year. The concept is really cool where this kid goes on the indian version of 'who wants to be a millionaire'. He ends up answering every question right because every question was part of his life. The music in the movie is sick. This is probably the one thing that made this movie that much greater.

I highly suggest you watch it. It shows the real India in it as well from the point of an orphan and street kids. At the end of it, its just a simple love story but the way they show one kid's life is amazing. I am more of a scifi/comic fan and wasn't expecting much from this movie, but it really did surprise me.

I highly recommend you see it......its a little disturbing at times. Its one of those movies you can see with your mom or your family.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: slumdog millionaire

This movie is GREAT, but seriously, the hype is getting to be too much, almost Dark Knight level. People are going to go into it expecting far too much and walk away disappointed, at least after the first viewing.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 12-29-2008 at 10:13 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

i agree. Hype will ruin this movie. I watched it without giving much credit to the hype and expected a normal movie but was blown away by it. I hope people around here that hven't watched it yet, watch it without having much expectations.

Its just a very simple story about a kid growing up in the slums of india and experiencing things along the way.....
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Great movie, this and Dark Knight were the best I've seen this year.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
Great movie, this and Dark Knight were the best I've seen this year.

this may be the problem.

the dark knight was one of the most overrated movies ever. i'd rather that not happen to slumdog... it is seemingly on a city of god path...
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw it on opening weekend, and really liked it. My biggest complaint with it was that it reminded me so much of City of God without actually being City of God. It had the same inner peak into a foreign slum metropolis. City of God was so much grittier though, and had less of the saccharine love story.

Really really good movie though.

I'm probably going to see Frost/Nixon tonight. I'm looking forward.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

Im going to watch this tonight....I need something to wipe away the memory of the acting in Gran Torino.....it was teeeeeerrible. Somewhat interesting story line, but I just couldnt get past the acting.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked it a lot too. Probably the 2nd best movie I've seen so far this year. The only issue I had with it is that it seemed rushed at the end. Salim's change of heart sort of comes out of nowhere as we didn't see much build-up to what made him turn.

9/10
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: