Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-26-2008, 04:47 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default GT: Clippers vs Mavericks

Los Angeles Clippers (8-20)
vs
Dallas Mavericks (17-11)

Staples Center
Sunday, December 28th, 2008
12:30 pm PST: 3:30 PM EST
KTLA The CW

Starting 5s
Clippers:
PG – Baron Davis SG – Eric Gordon
C - Marcus camby
SF – Al Thornton PF – Zach Randolph

Mavericks:
PG – Jason Kidd SG – Josh Howard
C – Erick Dampier
SF – Devean George PF – Brandon Bass

Last edited by qrich : 12-28-2008 at 02:12 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: GT: Clippers vs Mavericks

Man, I was playing NBA 2k9 last night, Gordon dove for a looseball and seperated his shoulder in the game. I hope that doesn't happen in real life because 2 yrs ago when I was playing on my PS2, Livingston dislocated his knee in my game 2 nights before he actually had that gruesome injury in real life. My game systems are cursed if it happens again.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://chatroll.com/clippernation

In game chat will be held there. I won't be able to moderate it, so if anyone will be on and makes an account on the site, I can give powers too keep it clean.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope they get another win against the Mavs...

Hopufully this little break, of days off, will help them regain some energy.

Even if the injuries keep pilling up...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Man, I was playing NBA 2k9 last night, Gordon dove for a looseball and seperated his shoulder in the game. I hope that doesn't happen in real life because 2 yrs ago when I was playing on my PS2, Livingston dislocated his knee in my game 2 nights before he actually had that gruesome injury in real life. My game systems are cursed if it happens again.

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I love watching E.Gor Play!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:06 AM   #6
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Nowitzki, Mavs await NBA discipline

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks won't know until Sunday morning if Dirk Nowitzki can play in their afternoon road game against the Los Angeles Clippers.

The league office on Saturday began reviewing Nowitzki's flagrant foul/penalty 2 on Utah's Matt Harpring from Friday night, which resulted in Nowitzki's ejection early in the fourth quarter of Dallas' 97-88 defeat.

As of Saturday night, no ruling on whether Nowitzki will receive a suspension or fine had yet been made, according to league spokesman Tim Frank.

The Mavericks will be hoping that the fact Nowitzki was immediately ejected from a typically physical game with the Jazz will spare him further punishment beyond a fine. Yet a similar incident involving Boston's Kevin Garnett and Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut in November resulted in a one-game suspension for Garnett.

In explaining Garnett's one-game ban, NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson told ESPN.com on Nov. 18 that league rules make a suspension automatic "when a player swings or punches with a fist or open hand, regardless if it makes contact or not."

Nowitzki was ejected for swinging his arm in response to under-the-basket contact from Harpring, with video replays indicating that -- although it was a backhanded swipe -- Nowitzki made a closed-fist connection with Harpring's face on his follow-through.

If Nowitzki cannot avoid a suspension for Sunday's game, it'll be the second successive season that he's been suspended after an incident in Utah. A rough takedown in March of Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko -- for which Nowitzki was not ejected -- resulted in a one-game suspension.

A one-game suspension this season would cost him 1/110th of his $18,077,904 salary, which comes to $164,344.58.

Nowitzki did not speak to the media Friday after the game and declined comment when reached Saturday. But team officials confirmed that their star player was interviewed Saturday by league officials for his account, since every flagrant foul/penalty 2 is reviewed by Jackson's office.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3795478

Im hoping the Clipps luck out, and Dirk get to receive some nice rest..
Old 12-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki has been suspended for one game by the NBA for the punch he threw at Utah's Matt Harpring on Friday night.

Nowitzki will miss today's 2:30 p.m. game against the Los Angeles Clippers.

The league informed the team early today of the punishment.

The incident happened with 9:48 left in the game. After a scrum under the basket, Nowitzki, who had grown tired of the physical nature of the Utah defense, flung his right arm at Harpring. The refs called a flagrant foul, penalty 2, and ejected Nowitzki after reviewing the tape and deeming that the punch he threw was with a closed fist.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...-one-game.html

No Dirk this afternoon
Old 12-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

We finally get a break.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:42 AM   #9
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
We finally get a break.

We had no chance without Randolph. Dallas was beating us to every loose ball and hustling each time. We had no low post offense and it was almost sad that Marcus Camby had to be the main scorer in the first.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

i attended this game and it was ****ing ridiculous to watch these clippers play... i understand no randolph but they had no dirk. there was little hustle or energy. its hard to root for a team that doesnt put the effort out there imo
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: