Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation
Default Baron wants to go back to Golden State?

LOS ANGELES The Warriors came to Hollywood a day before Sunday's game, so you can probably imagine how swingman Stephen Jackson spent his Saturday. That's right, hanging with former teammate Baron Davis, one of Jackson's best friends.

What you might not imagine is what Jackson talked to the Los Angeles Clippers point guard about: Davis coming back to the Warriors.

"That's all we talked about," Jackson said. "I went to his house, spent some time with his mom and his grandmother. He wants to come back. And if he wants to come back, I want him back."

After talks about a contract extension with the Warriors stalled, Davis opted out of the final year of his contract in July and signed a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers. Davis has said he never wanted to leave the Warriors but chose the more secure option. Things haven't gone so well with the Clippers. After losing to Dallas at the Staples Center hours before the Warriors took to the court, the Clippers are 8-21.

Jackson said he's going to be the president of the "Bring B.D. Back" campaign. It is feasible that the Warriors and Clippers could pull off such a deal. It would have to involve swingman Corey Maggette (for salary cap reasons) and/or guard Jamal Crawford (to make room in the backcourt).

Clippers owner Donald Sterling had said publicly last season that he wanted Maggette around long term. And Crawford, or even point guard Marcus Williams,
would fill the Clippers' hole at point guard, if Davis were to go.

"I think that would be great for us," Jackson said. "Coach loves him. Him and (guard) Monta (Ellis) have good chemistry. If they could work that out, that would be great for the organization
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Baron wants to go back to Golden State?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,5823572.story

Quote:
Davis denied that he is ready to bail off the listing 8-21 Clippers ship.

"No, I don't want out," he told The Times on Monday at practice. "I don't know what Stephen Jackson got from my conversation. That never came out of my mouth.

"I'm here. I'm here doing the same thing I did at Golden State. The first year I got to Golden State it was rough. It was a tough season. We were figuring each other out, figuring out the system. That transition year is always a tough year."

Quote:
"Obviously, in no way shape or form am I ready to jump ship.

"That's not why I came here. That's not why I committed to come here. I'm committed here to turn this thing around. I like the talent on this team, I like the promise.

"The team is going to get better. My job is to continue to get better and make this year as positive and productive as we possibly can."

Quote:
Clippers General Manager and Coach Mike Dunleavy was asked whether Davis had asked to be traded. The relationship between Dunleavy and Davis often has been uneasy.

"I haven't had any of those kind of conversations with Baron," Dunleavy said.

Dunleavy said he did not plan to speak to Davis about Jackson's comments.

"You read about guys saying stuff all over the place and you never know what's true and not true, and how it's perceived or not perceived," Dunleavy said. "From our standpoint, he's our player and we're trying to make the best of our situation."

Yup. Maybe now everyone can shut up, and the team can focus on trying to see what is wrong, get it fixed and put up some Ws, with an outside playoff shot now.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: