Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default RIP Hamilton vs Allen Iverson

So, the team is much better with one of them out.Small ball is not good, Stuckey should run the point guard position.Prince is a lock at SF..

so one is sitting out? whose it gonna be???
Seems like Curry is starting to get convinced for one of them to sit out...

Quote:
"We've looked at our lineup different times and we've thought about different guys coming off the bench," Curry said. "But we haven't made a decision on that."

"The Lakers with Lamar Odom, it's effective for them," Curry said. "(Andrei) Kirilenko in Utah has been effective. Same thing with (Manu) Ginobili in San Antonio. It can be effective.
"Whether any of our perimeter guys, one of them coming off the bench, maybe we'll have to look at it. But we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it."

"The big lineup makes us better defensively and at the end of the day we have to make sure we are good enough defensively," he said. "We know we can go to that small lineup if we have to. We are able to play both, so we will decide it game by game. But the small group has to get better defensively. It has gotten better but it isn't on par with what we can do with the big lineup."

And there are also rumours surrounding in RIP getting traded... especially with him missing games thanks to injury..

Have ur say..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation
Default Re: RIP Hamilton vs Allen Iverson

Alright, ya'll may know by now I'm a total Iverson fan ;) so obviously . . .

I think we SHOULD trade Rip. The past few games we have proven that we can survive without him, and hopefully we could trade him for a good big man.

If we're only talking benching here, then I would have to go with AI. A starting 5 or Stuck/Rip/Tay/Sheed/(Amir or Kwame) just has the extra bit of chemistry that we used to have. Even though the 4 always start anyway, throwing Allen in there really makes a huge impact, especially when they had him as PG, whereas Stuckeys game kind of resembles Billups to me.

But a starting 5 of Stuckey/Iverson/Tayshaun/Rasheed/(well-respected bigman) just sounds absolutely lethal to me
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Welcome, I am totally AI fan as well

Last edited by francesco totti : 12-30-2008 at 07:54 PM.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

me too even though i never met him i feel like we are soulbrothers all the **** he's been through I been through it too, sort of, and when I close my eyes each night I just remember, AI and his fan community are there to back me up and for good luck I always vote AI for AllStar at least 200 times per day or else I freak out
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

What would you guys want for Richard Hamilton?
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:50 AM   #6
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
What would you guys want for Richard Hamilton?
The comfort in knowing that we wouldn't have to deal with his 1 dimensional play any more.

nahh, but srs, i want okur
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 AM   #7
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2whoa
The comfort in knowing that we wouldn't have to deal with his 1 dimensional play any more.

I kinda figured you'd want a big man. Unfortunately, my favorite NBA team doesn't have anything in that realm to offer.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Alright, ya'll may know by now I'm a total Iverson fan ;) so obviously . . .

I think we SHOULD trade Rip. The past few games we have proven that we can survive without him, and hopefully we could trade him for a good big man.

If we're only talking benching here, then I would have to go with AI. A starting 5 or Stuck/Rip/Tay/Sheed/(Amir or Kwame) just has the extra bit of chemistry that we used to have. Even though the 4 always start anyway, throwing Allen in there really makes a huge impact, especially when they had him as PG, whereas Stuckeys game kind of resembles Billups to me.

But a starting 5 of Stuckey/Iverson/Tayshaun/Rasheed/(well-respected bigman) just sounds absolutely lethal to me

Exactly, Camby/Boozer/Kaman.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:30 AM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm kinda shocked to see so many people that want Rip to go. We all must know that he is better defensively right???? Obviously Iverson is the better offensive player. Here's one thing I've been thinking about and how the Pistons seem to end up in the conference finals. The playoffs are about half court basketball. The regular season is not. Iverson doesn't play as well in the half court as he does in the run and gun type game. I'm not saying get rid of him, but we know that Rip is a better half court player. He works off of screens so well. I never thought that Detroit should have let Okur go, but I'm not sure that trading him for Rip puts Detroit in the finals. Especially with all of these rumors about Detroit getting Boozer. We would have Utah's front line, which hasn't won any rings yet.

I'm having a really tough time with this one, because from the begining of this I've thought they needed Stuckey at PG. Which means you have a log jam with Iverson and Rip. The billion dollar question is who do you let go. I don't think there is a definitive option on that yet. It's just too early.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

really? His offense may be predicated on the jumper, but he is a much better defender than AI. AI is truly a one-dimensional player. With stuckey's ability to drive the lane, i think rip is a much more complimentary player to have around. AI is a much worse outside shooter but a much better scorer, but again, I think that is a little redundant with stuck's development. Also, long term AI is not gonna be here. Rip has a reasonable contract and is locked up for what, 3 more years?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
really? His offense may be predicated on the jumper, but he is a much better defender than AI. AI is truly a one-dimensional player. With stuckey's ability to drive the lane, i think rip is a much more complimentary player to have around. AI is a much worse outside shooter but a much better scorer, but again, I think that is a little redundant with stuck's development. Also, long term AI is not gonna be here. Rip has a reasonable contract and is locked up for what, 3 more years?
True, at the moment, Rip's D is better. But my thing about Rip is that he can shoot. He can't rebound, he can't distribute the ball, he can't block, and he doesn't rack up the steals. Allen Iverson atleast puts forth effort in rebounding situations, is averaging like over 5 assists, and has had a couple good blocks and has led the league in steals. It just seems like he has a bit more to offer than Rip.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #12
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
Exactly, Camby/Boozer/Kaman.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...12~8&te=&cash=
Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Camby, but I gave up on getting him way back in the begining of the summer. Once his contract is up he probably will retire. Sure he would compliment Sheed, but they are both old. Rip is still pretty young. Plus I'm not even sure the Clips would go for that. Especially with Randolph being injured.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:37 PM   #14
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Iverson is my favorite player, but how do we know he will re-sign with Detroit? Rip and Stuckey compliment each other better and are both locked up for several years.

We already missed out on Chris Bosh in '03, lets not do the same in '10.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:04 AM   #15
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

If Curry is set on stuckey running the point, then definitely hamilton should start alongside him. No disrespect to A.I. or anything, but if he was a smart player he would run with the 2nd unit that way he can have the ball in his hands more.
30 mins starting or 30 mins off the bench, he's still getting the same amount of burn on his tires every night
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: