Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #16
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Re: RIP Hamilton vs Allen Iverson

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...901120428/1127

Quote:
"It's no secret that when we've got two bigs and Tayshaun (Prince) at small forward, we are at our best defensively. At the end of the day that is what is going to drive most of our decisions we make -- which group is the best defensively."

"I wouldn't expect them to like coming off the bench," Curry said. "Both have been starters their whole career. But the reality is, we've got good guys on this team and they are all willing to do whatever it takes for the team to be successful. Whatever decisions we make, is because we feel its the best thing for us to be able to get the most of everybody on the team, regardless if a guy likes it or not.

"They are going to be OK because the No. 1 thing is, they want to win."

If Hamilton does come off the bench, it will make for a good trivia questions. Hamilton will have come off the bench twice in his career, once for Michael Jordan in Washington and then for Iverson -- the Nos. 2 and 3 scorers per average of all time.

Hamilton did not speak to the media after practice and Iverson was excused from practice because of a family obligation.

Good bye small ball, one of them is coming of the bench.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

A. Sherrod Blakely on The Huge Show: Allen Iverson or Richard Hamilton have to come off the bench - MLive.com

Quote:
"[Head Coach Michael Curry has] got to figure out something to do with Richard Hamilton and Allen Iverson," says Blakely. "Both of those guys are needed on this team, but you don't necessary need them on the floor at the same time. I think one of those guys has got to come off the bench, and Michael [Curry] has got to figure out which one of those guys to bring off the bench, and I'd be very surprised if you don't see that happen at some point this season."
Listen to the full interview to hear Blakely's thoughts on the Pistons' reunion with Chauncey Billups and what the team's ideal rotation is.

http://blog.mlive.com/pistons_impact...od-blakely.mp3
Old 01-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Hamilton, AI both to start for Pistons

Quote:
"We want our best players on the court as much as possible," Curry said. "But for 32 minutes (of a game's 48 minutes) we need to be big. A lot of nights Alan or Rip will be subbed kind of early but they'll come back at the start of the second quarter with (Will) Bynum or Stuckey."
Curry said he wants to reduce Prince's minutes at the power forward spot, and incorporate Bynum to limit Stuckey's minutes at point guard.
Both Hamilton, who did not speak with the media after Tuesday's shootaround, and Iverson have been hesitant about a bench role.
"I don't expect those guys to want to come off the bench, but if we're at the point we need to do that, we will," Curry said.
Said Iverson: "You always are supposed to do what the coach asks you to do. I'm not trying to be a distraction. Obviously, it would be difficult for me. It's something I've never done in my career. It would be different. We'll see what happens. That's something I've never faced in my career, back to when I was a little kid. That's something I've never been through in my life."
Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Absolutely ridiculous. I understand all that self-pride stuff and change and all that, but they (rip) have to understand that a championship takes a team more so than pride. Rip needs to do it too, if we're talking about for the good of the team. We went on a crazy (slight exaggeration) winning streak without Rip, with the starting lineup INCLUDING AI. You'd think that'd say something about the situation. It really upsets me that Rip can't handle that, I don't have any less respect for Manu than I did for him in years previous. Even if Allen Iverson is doing the same thing, he handled it a bit more maturely. Saying " I'm not trying to be a distraction. Obviously, it would be difficult for me." makes it a bit more acceptable than saying "That ain't happenin'"
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

great post h2whoa

listen to AI interview..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zLZ-rDtoSx8

He is ready to do anything for this team to win the championship and is open to go to the bench

AI
Old 01-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #21
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

**** curry in his stupid ass. He needs to man up and recognize that starting small has led to sluggish openings and terrible defense. Who cares if someone gets their feelings caught, we need to start amir/max (I know, wont happen) and bring one of the perimeter guys off the bench.

also, while im at it **** sheed. You falking perimeter standing, tech getting, low rebounding effort jackass. I do recognize that you still play solid D, but this D bag needs to step his game up and curry needs to start calling 10+ post plays for him a game. I am sick to death of seeing him on the perimeter all freaking game.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #22
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

unless detroit could get post presence in return, hamilton should just be that offensive spark off the bench.

I know this has been tossed alot..

Utah receives:
Richard Hamilton
Jason Maxiel
1st round pick

Detroit receives:
Carlos Boozer

or possibly

Detroit receives:
Chris Kaman

LAC recieves:
Rip Hamilton

works straight up...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #23
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
unless detroit could get post presence in return, hamilton should just be that offensive spark off the bench.

I know this has been tossed alot..

Utah receives:
Richard Hamilton
Jason Maxiel
1st round pick

Detroit receives:
Carlos Boozer

or possibly

Detroit receives:
Chris Kaman

LAC recieves:
Rip Hamilton

works straight up...

Hell No!
We don't want Kaman or Boozer's indefinitely injured @$$. Were gonna get Bosh or Stoudemire.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:11 AM   #24
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Blackmon
Hell No!
We don't want Kaman or Boozer's indefinitely injured @$$. Were gonna get Bosh or Stoudemire.

its not that easy my friend. i know players may want to go to detroit for their history of success but just because you will have the money does not mean the player will go there. for example there is a good chance stoudemire will look into new york because he likes dantoni's offense and he wants to be that main guy. there is also talk that bosh might hook up with another big name free agent.

hamilton off the bench is not a bad choice but if a trade was to occur, i believe that both boozer and kaman are good choices. kaman is a true center that will be a presence on the post. Boozer is a 6'9 power forward but is an offensive weapon on the post and can also hit the 18 footers.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
**** curry in his stupid ass. He needs to man up and recognize that starting small has led to sluggish openings and terrible defense. Who cares if someone gets their feelings caught, we need to start amir/max (I know, wont happen) and bring one of the perimeter guys off the bench.

also, while im at it **** sheed. You falking perimeter standing, tech getting, low rebounding effort jackass. I do recognize that you still play solid D, but this D bag needs to step his game up and curry needs to start calling 10+ post plays for him a game. I am sick to death of seeing him on the perimeter all freaking game.

I understand your whole frustration. There are rumours going on RIP getting traded now.. but even if that happens, Curry proved he has no balls..he choked.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #26
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

our starting "center" last night. 3-11 from 3ptland. WTF? WTF?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #27
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
our starting "center" last night. 3-11 from 3ptland. WTF? WTF?

Old 01-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #28
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Any one else that watched the game catch Rip, Will, Kwame and Arron laughing on the bench after arron fouled out? Seemed like they were laughing at MC, if so it's well deserved. I'm not too sure about his coaching tbh. BRING LARRY BROWN BACK! AI+PISTONS+LBROWN=Championship? Right?
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #29
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

One of the coming off the bench will never happen, atleast not for long. Rip will be traded if there is not enough room for both
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #30
HWN Tommie Style
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HWN Tommie Style has an OK reputation so far

All you people who want to jump the gun and trade Rip, You all are silly as hell, really. what will happen next year when we don't have a SG because we traded Rip and AI doesn't stay (which he won't). You people are so short minded.

Look, if they happen to go far this year, its basically house money. AI NEEDS to go to the bench for the simple fact that HE WON'T BE HERE NEXT YEAR!! Why ruin even more the chemistry of the Starting line up with a Part-Time Piston?

In summary, AI WILL NOT BE HERE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
HWN Tommie Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: