Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mike Shanahan has Been Fired!!!!

The Chin will be in Denver next season. So sayeth Dasher F. Ruiz.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/30/d...mike-shanahan/

Quote:
Two days after a loss to the San Diego Chargers completed one of the greatest collapses in NFL history, the Denver Broncos have fired head coach Mike Shanahan.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Shanahan was fired today despite having three years and $20 million left on his contract.

Shanahan, who has won two Super Bowl rings in Denver, was the longest-serving coach in franchise history, had a close relationship with owner Pat Bowlen and was thought to be untouchable. But apparently collapsing over the final weeks of the season was too much for even Shanahan to survive.

The 2008 Broncos are the first team in NFL history to have a three-game lead in their division with three weeks to play and end up missing the playoffs.

Last edited by Dasher : 12-30-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mike Shanahan has Been Fired!!!!

Just saw it on in KCNC channel 4, the most logical choice has got to be Bill Cowher. Me being a Broncos fan is really surprising cause I thought Mike and Pat Bowlen were tight friends.

I'm just in a moment of shock right now!!!
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man thats crazy i wouldnt have seen this coming well i hope they have a horrible season net year it would really help out my raiders we need all the help we can get
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Chin were to come in that would mean that the homie DJ Williams could be on the move again. The Broncos may also be drafting a NT in the early rounds. If Taylor Mays were to drop into their laps he could play the Troy Polomalu role. Senderrick Marks could be taken in the second. If I were a fan I would hope that Bill keeps the run-blocking scheme that makes the Broncos so good.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Just saw it on in KCNC channel 4, the most logical choice has got to be Bill Cowher. Me being a Broncos fan is really surprising cause I thought Mike and Pat Bowlen were tight friends.

Same was said about Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

say hello to ur new coach Dallas Cowboys
Mike Shanahan
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

I'm listening to the local radio sports station 104.3 the fan that Marty Schottenheimer is also a rumored candidate for the position. (sorry if i misspelled Marty's name)
Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Another name that was announced by one of the news station is Gary Kubiak.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

no way

gary kubiak is staying.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #10
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

It has also been rumored that the legendary John Elway may be interested for this position. Since the AFL is no more.

But you know what, I believe Pat Bowlen already has his coach because he wouldn't be firing him so fast, and believe you me that Cowher has the greatest job at landing a job here in Denver, if you watched the NFL Today on CBS he's been saying watch out for Denver. Was that a sign?

Cowher wants to control a lot of things like Mike, and this may be the right chance for him, especially him wanting to work in a Blue Collar area like Pittsburgh.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

SHANAHAN TO MINNY

we have the o-line and RB's to dominate with his system
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Jacks3 has decent reputationJacks3 has decent reputation

Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #13
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

According to KCNC CBS 4 the Rocky Mountain News has stated that when Owner Pat Bowlen asked Shanahan to fire D-Coordinator Bob Slowik, Shanahan declined, so that may have been one reason aside from 3 years without playoffs.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #14
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Should've been Cutler, he's ****ing terrible.

Sorry, I had to. Bye.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #15
kidachi

shyyyt. the king of draft steals has been fired..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: