Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #16
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nuggets vs. Raps 7pm EST - i'm calling for an upset...

Well I am sure most of you guys saw Jay got mad anger last night during a den run when they were in the bonus for 7min but all we did was shooting jumpshots and he had to call a TOut again.

You can fire Sam, and you say fire BC but its the players man. A coach and a GM can only do so much and last night was a classic example of how this isn't the coach or the gm's fault and it has been that way since last season so you all ppl call for firing BC and such needs to shut your mouth and take a chill pill.

(Never saw Jay got angry b4)
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
Well I am sure most of you guys saw Jay got mad anger last night during a den run when they were in the bonus for 7min but all we did was shooting jumpshots and he had to call a TOut again.

You can fire Sam, and you say fire BC but its the players man. A coach and a GM can only do so much and last night was a classic example of how this isn't the coach or the gm's fault and it has been that way since last season so you all ppl call for firing BC and such needs to shut your mouth and take a chill pill.

(Never saw Jay got angry b4)
You can not honestly sit there and say that the players BC has put out there on the floor are a legit contender that has just underperformed. Could they play better? Sure, marginally.. But to be a legit contender they would have to overachieve big time.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #18
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
You can not honestly sit there and say that the players BC has put out there on the floor are a legit contender that has just underperformed. Could they play better? Sure, marginally.. But to be a legit contender they would have to overachieve big time.

I dont disagree and i will admit putting most of the trade bait into 1 player who have kneel problems kinda killed us because we are counting on players we had b4 like graham to fill in who clearly have little to no factor in most games.

At the end these players need to understand what is going on in the game and there are coaches to remind them and when its obvious things that should be done and its not, you can't blme the coach nor the gm for it.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #19
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

I can't believe how badly this has spun out of control. I still remember that 3-0 start with so much optimism on how good this team can finally be. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. We have more talent this year than last year. We would have been a couple games over .500 last year if it wasn't for a couple of injuries. This year we are 8 games under already; last year we lacked interior defence and now we have that in Jermaine O'neal, so that doesn't make sense either. Did every single team in the NBA suddenly just get that much better? This is so frustrating as a Raptors fan. What the hell is going on?
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #20
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
I can't believe how badly this has spun out of control. I still remember that 3-0 start with so much optimism on how good this team can finally be. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. We have more talent this year than last year. We would have been a couple games over .500 last year if it wasn't for a couple of injuries. This year we are 8 games under already; last year we lacked interior defence and now we have that in Jermaine O'neal, so that doesn't make sense either. Did every single team in the NBA suddenly just get that much better? This is so frustrating as a Raptors fan. What the hell is going on?

I dont think we have more talent than last year consider how much Delfeno is making the rest of our bench look like bench warmers in D-League.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
I dont disagree and i will admit putting most of the trade bait into 1 player who have kneel problems kinda killed us because we are counting on players we had b4 like graham to fill in who clearly have little to no factor in most games.

At the end these players need to understand what is going on in the game and there are coaches to remind them and when its obvious things that should be done and its not, you can't blme the coach nor the gm for it.
I agree that the coach can only do so much, because the coach just does his best with whatever group he's presented with. That's his job. The GM on the other hand has the task of putting a winning product out there that has the potential to win championship. In this case it's obvious that even say, Greg Popovich would probably coach us to .500 record... Yes, the players are limited.. and no it's not something that they can learn no matter how much yelling an screamng at them you do. You can't tell Bargnani how to have on-court instincts and grab rebounds. You can't tell Joey Graham how to do some crossover dribbles and shake his defender, you can't tell Jamario Moon how to do a juke move to get to the basket... You can't tell Jason Kapono how to properly guard Paul Pierce.. You can't tell Jake Voskuhl how to hit a midrange jumper... There's only so much you can do with a flawed roster, and it's BC's job (literally) to create a better team, either for the short term or for the long term.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:49 AM   #22
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

jay needs to get tossed from a game haha
he needs to fire up the troops lol

that houston game will be a massacre if we don't get it together
same with orlando
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: