Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bragnani Situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Because absolutely nobody would have took Roy with the first pick in that draft. Nobody mentioned him as a potential first overall pick. It was Aldridge, Gay, Bargnani and Thomas that were all getting labelled as potential first round picks. Nobody thought that Roy would become this good.
Exactly. Obviousy looking back based on what each has become, Brandon Roy would be the person to choose, but back then as the Italian said it was Bargs, Aldridge, and Thomas who were being mentioned for first pick consideration, and I don't think any of us would've been mad at taking Aldridge.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

And that is why we have to be carefull trading away all our picks. Roy's are out there every year, we only have the chance at getting lucky by creating some luck by having picks.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
And that is why we have to be carefull trading away all our picks. Roy's are out there every year, we only have the chance at getting lucky by creating some luck by having picks.
For myself, like I said i'm on the fence. BC needs to do something for sure. Either to trade away Bargs + Filler (Parker, Kapono, Moon, or Graham) + picks (maybe) for a legit wing, or else, blow up the team to receive expirers and/or draft picks. The more we lose, the more i'm leaning towards the latter.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #19
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I propose a four team trade.

TOR receives
Dorrell Wright
Brandan Wright
Julian Wright

MIA
trades
Dorrell Wright

NO trades
Julian Wright

GS trades
Brandan Wright

everything else doesn't matter, because if this takes place, we'll all know that we're going in the wright direction...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #20
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I propose a four team trade.

TOR receives
Dorrell Wright
Brandan Wright
Julian Wright

MIA
trades
Dorrell Wright

NO trades
Julian Wright

GS trades
Brandan Wright

everything else doesn't matter, because if this takes place, we'll all know that we're going in the wright direction...

haha at first i was like what a coincidence, "the wright brothers"
and then i read the last line clever my friend

as for Bargs...

people need to stop making excuses for him, its the NBA not a day care, i honestly don't give two ***ts if he has a confidence issue, or he's finding it hard to adjust. He showed glimpses in his rookie year with no expectations, and now when the expectations are there after he set a precedent all of a sudden he can't produce? Well then trade him to a team that can afford to let a big man like him rot on te bench and get something of use in return.

The guy is a black hole offensively
Defensively, he can be SO MUCH BETTER, but has NO idea what he is doing rotation wise. It's a waste for a guy with adequate footwork and a good, solid seven foot frame

i dont care if he's a bust or not, its not his fault BC thrust greatness upon him when he apparently doesn't want it

BC needs to end this saga and put his balls aside and do the right thing with this ball club
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #21
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far

i really hate people who say raptors could of gotten brandon roy ..yes they could of
but raptors weren't needing a SG at the time and really needed a C and colangelo
picked bargnani to fit into the style they wanted to implament on the new look raptors
which rightnow i do not see ..and rightnow we can only dream if we took aldridge instead
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #22
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

I'm sorry but against Denver, Bargs was easily the best Raptor defender on the court. I'm not seeing a player who doesn't have a clue in the defensive end or is not rotating. Maybe it's because i have a 12' screen and i see alot of the stuff others might miss, but he was an absolute horse in the defensive end against the Nuggets. He was very active all game and has been pretty consistant in that end all season. Yes the offence is frustating, but i'm still convinced his real position is as a center, he just needs time to develop and learn to play like one. His love for the three point line is what is really stunting his development! Not ready to give up on him yet. He can be our center for many years to come and he will create mismatches there almost every game.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #23
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
i really hate people who say raptors could of gotten brandon roy ..yes they could of
but raptors weren't needing a SG at the time and really needed a C and colangelo
picked bargnani to fit into the style they wanted to implament on the new look raptors
which rightnow i do not see ..and rightnow we can only dream if we took aldridge instead
Bargnani is not a C he's a PF despite being 7ft, kind of like a far less talented version of Drk. We definitely could've had Aldridge. We worked him out and he was given first pick consideration, but the problem is, BC was sold on picking Bargnani from day 1, despite talks of "keeping his options open"
Old 01-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Because absolutely nobody would have took Roy with the first pick in that draft. Nobody mentioned him as a potential first overall pick. It was Aldridge, Gay, Bargnani and Thomas that were all getting labelled as potential first round picks. Nobody thought that Roy would become this good.

Seriously guys... hasn't this been covered enough?

Yes, Bargnani has been brutal in TO thus far. No, there weren't any sure-fire #1s in that draft.

In hindsight, did Toronto pick the wrong guy? Probably? Should we move on?

YES.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #25
b4ball
Local High School Star

The biggest problem with trading Bargnani and getting a wing is we still have either Parker, Moon or Kapono as a starter somewhere. And as a back up big for when JO is not playing we have Voskul or Hump. Does anybody really think that makes us a better team?

It's decesion time for BC. Time to admit that this experience failed. Trading Bargnani makes us a worse team, no depth up front. After Calderon we have Soloman and Ukic, do depth at the point. We have Parker, Moon, Graham, and Kapono, nothing substantial at the wing.

The article is right, BC has painted the team into a corner, the gamble has failed. I see no other conclusion then a complete rebuild. Trading away any of the last one or two assets we have will not have an impact this season, and what we have to trade will not in any way provide us with the answer for the future.

Let's not dwell on the mistakes of the past, Bargnani, Kapono, Soloman, the Garbo buy out (and what a mistake that has been) and not trying to keep Delfino. We need to see what we have to do to turn this thing around in the next two years. First, asses wether Bosh will stick around for BC to try a second rebuild. And everything follows from there.

Last edited by b4ball : 01-02-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #26
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Won't stop talking about it until something is done about it.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #27
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moon is a capable starting SF. We need a ****ing SHOOTING GUARD.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Moon is a capable starting SF. We need a ****ing SHOOTING GUARD.

Moon is a capable starting forward? On the Raptors only because we have nobody else. Moon is not a starter on any other team in the NBA.

His ONLY asset is that he's cheap, and there is a very legit reason for that, he's no good.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
And as a back up big for when JO is not playing we have Voskul or Hump. Does anybody really think that makes us a better team?

Am I the only one who has been impressed with Humphries in his limited minutes lately? He's a good rebounder and while he does take his stupid shots on offense, at least he is aggressive in trying to get to the rim. I think he is capable of giving the Raptors a solid 15-20 minutes per game off the bench.

I don't know what the hell he is doing wrong in practice though to be behind an absolute scrub like Voskuhl in the rotation though.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #30
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Am I the only one who has been impressed with Humphries in his limited minutes lately? He's a good rebounder and while he does take his stupid shots on offense, at least he is aggressive in trying to get to the rim. I think he is capable of giving the Raptors a solid 15-20 minutes per game off the bench.

I don't know what the hell he is doing wrong in practice though to be behind an absolute scrub like Voskuhl in the rotation though.

I agree with you Q. I have always liked Humphries. Energy guy that defends, get's rebounds, plays with aggression that nobody other then JO does and he will drive to the basket. At $3 mil per year he's a trading option.

But, trading away Bargnani and having JO mis games the way he does, are you comfortable with Hump and Voskul and just an average wing, which is all Bargnani would bring with Parker, Moon or Kapono as the playmate?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: