Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default Cassell Wants To Coach Clips

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - As he sat down at his locker stall an hour before Sunday’s game, inserting tickets into envelopes and sealing them, Boston Celtics guard Sam Cassell reminisced about his time when he was a Staples Center crowd favorite.

The 2005-2006 season was a glorious time for Cassell, as the point guard and inspirational leader of the Clippers. He led them to the best regular-season record in team history and into the playoffs, where the Clippers came within an eyelash of reaching the Western Conference finals.

“This is my home away from home,” Cassell said. “I had lots of success here. I enjoyed playing here.”

Cassell owns a home in Marina del Rey that he rents out to a former Clippers’ employee. But after securing a buyout of his contract last February, Cassell was waived by the Clippers and then signed by the Celtics. He helped Boston win several late-season games although his role subsequently was diminished in the playoffs.

But the 39-year old Cassell was preparing for his future, having already proclaimed that the 2008-2009 season - his 16th in the NBA - would be his last. Cassell’s next job, he hopes, will be as a NBA coach, as soon as the 2009-2010 season.

“I’m ready,” Cassell said. “I know I’m ready.”

Cassell said a dream come true for him would be to one day return to Los Angeles and coach the Clippers.

Art Thompson III, OC Register

Do it, do it, do it.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Default Re: Cassell Wants To Coach Clips

Do It Dunleavy! Step Down As Coach, Stay As Gm And Hire Sam! Im So For It That Im Typing In All Caps
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Do It Dunleavy! Step Down As Coach, Stay As Gm And Hire Sam! Im So For It That Im Typing In All Caps
me too. DUMPleavy, time for cassell aka the new avery
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
livlife2k
I brick open layups

haven't we learned yet that Sam Cassell talks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time? ...next week he'll be telling another team the same thing.
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
me too. DUMPleavy, time for cassell aka the new avery

avery was an assistant under don nelson for a few years before actually taking a head coaching gig.

nobody should ever be given a head coaching job without having at least a couple of years experience as an assistant. it's absolutely boneheaded. and its a proven recipe for failure. even for college head coaches. there's a reason they never pan out. its because the game is different and they never spent any time learning it before jumping right in.

playing in the NBA doesnt prepare you to coach in it, and coaching in college doesnt prepare you to coach in it. you have to be an assistant first and LEARN. thats just it. period. IMO.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:21 AM   #6
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Hire Sam as an assistant for a season or two and lets see what happens.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:18 AM   #7
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

whats the worst that could happen if he coached us for the rest of the year? we'd probably just get a higher draft pick
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: