Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 09-20-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
HawksFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HawksFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Hawks will surprise...

With the summer addition of...a legtimate Point...3 serious shotblocking Bigs...one year of experience for all our young players...I "expect" to make the 2007 Playoffs...assuming no serious injuries.

PG...Claxton...Lue...Stoudamire...Ivey...Johnson.. .Childress

SG...Johnson...Childress...Stoudamire...Ivey

SF...M Williams...Smith...Childress

PF...Smith...S Williams...Wright...M Williams...Jones...Batista

C....Pachulia...Wright...S Williams...Batista...Jones

Come Playoff time...the fast rising Hawks will be a lower seeded team that the higher seeded teams would prefer to avoid. Come the 2007-8 season...with one more draft...one more Free Agency...one more year of experience...Cap room to spend...the Hawks will be able to compete with the best. Billy Knight has done one hell of a job since he assumed GM responsibilities...blew up the team...in February 2004.

Last edited by HawksFan : 09-20-2006 at 02:29 PM.
HawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

I agree the Hawks have the talent to scare the hell out of some teams.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

the hawks arent as bad as people think. i think the problem with the hawks are that they got to much forwards and not enough big men thats y sheldon willaims was a great pick. he's goin to surprise people.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Playoffs are definetley possible but unlikely still... Speedy will make a massive difference, just because he is a natural PG and they havnt had one for a long time.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

can speedy start? and who will man the point while his hand is broken , tyronn lue??? the only time that guy was able to make a mark in the league was in his laker days because of shaq and kobe.
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:10 AM   #6
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since Speedy is injured i'd start Johnson at PG and play Childress at SG, although doing that leaves them very thin at the SG spot.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:51 AM   #7
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far

I feel the same! If things go well, I think Hawks can reach the playoffs. This team can only get better, few more touches of the brush and that's it... We'll just have to rely on development of our young guys more than anything else... if they turn out to be as good as we believe they are, sky is the limit! Next year's draft can bring us another decent player, free agency can also be used to whatever need we have in order to round-up our team...
BTW Speedy's injury isn't that bad, and I would expect him to be back in time...
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Hawks are gonna be good, but I doubt they have the talent to make the playoffs.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Starting Joe Johnson at pg might be the best thing to do now that claxton is out but Johnson might need to average 48 mpg.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:24 AM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

They have some young talent but I don't see that they have the leaders necessary to win. It's Joe Johnson and then young, undeveloped players
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: