Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Madtruth
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Madtruth has an OK reputation so far
Default One big flaw with NBA 2k9 (please read and response)

I don't know if anyone care about this, but it certainly mean a lot to me.

NBA 2k9 is almost perfect, except the developer decided to be too authentic that they don't let you play away attire at home, and thus every time you play the game there will also be one team with white attire with the only exception of the Lakers. Why did they do that, can someone tell me why they did this? I have play over 300 games since I bought NBA 2k9 and am very tire of having to see one team with one attire every time on the court. Why couldn't they let us play any Jersey we want?

If NBA 2k9 is suppose to be this realistic, why the on earth would the past 2k series include story mode? Now that is not realistic.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with this? With all the cool new and colorful attire for most of the away team, it would be so awesome to get to play a red attire vs a blue one, or a orange vs a black attire on court. They did this in all EA games, and they fail to realize the importance to this in a 2k games.

So does anyone else have a problem with this or is it just me, and is there anything I can do so they can release a patch to fix this problem, even though all it need to some minor tweaking.

As realistic as it was, I saw the Blazer at home court playing the mavericks with their away jersey on TV, so it not all realistic.

This has always been my major grip with 2k series, and it doesn't even hurt them in any way to not restricted from happening.

So is it just me, or do you guys not care about that?

Still I think NBA 2k9 is perfect except some small glitch and my major grip with the Attire selection in the game.
Madtruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Cookie Monster
I airball my layups

Cookie Monster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: One big flaw with NBA 2k9 (please read and response)

One big flaw? Seriously dude, some people will never be happy with anything.
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

2K focuses on gameplay over fluff. If they miss a few of the fluff items that Live offers, I can live with that.

If you really want to get it changed, go to the 2K boards, and post your issue there. They even have a section that devs visit to get ideas about the game...

You see, unlike EA, Sega actually tries to improve their game from year to year... instead of just adding more fluff.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
ALaz502
I airball my layups

ALaz502 has an OK reputation so far

This is considered a BIG flaw?

Get the **** out of here.
ALaz502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
ALaz502
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
2K focuses on gameplay over fluff. If they miss a few of the fluff items that Live offers, I can live with that.

If you really want to get it changed, go to the 2K boards, and post your issue there. They even have a section that devs visit to get ideas about the game...

You see, unlike EA, Sega actually tries to improve their game from year to year... instead of just adding more fluff.

Sega doesn't own 2KSports.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
Madtruth
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Madtruth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Can they really change it, or do I have to wait till the next 2k10 if there is such a game?
Madtruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #7
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaz502
This is considered a BIG flaw?

Get the **** out of here.

Co-sign
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When the one big flaw is the color of the jersey, you know its a damn good game.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

There's another big flaw! Dammit Rudy Gay wears his leg sleeves under his socks. Not over, its under. Now he can't shoot terrible percentages like in real life because he doesn't have his sleeves under his socks.

sarcasm end
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madtruth
Can they really change it, or do I have to wait till the next 2k10 if there is such a game?

nah they actually got a road crew that comes to your house, opens the cd up using tiny little tools and inserts colored jersey data into the disc. They charge $15 tho
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i hate how the opposing team subs out anyone in the 1st quarter after their very 1st foul. annoying but 2k9's gameplay and graphics are way ahead of live.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
ALaz502
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i hate how the opposing team subs out anyone in the 1st quarter after their very 1st foul. annoying but 2k9's gameplay and graphics are way ahead of live.

Auto subs/timeouts must always come off. That's the first thing I do in any sports game.

Manual subs/timesouts are
Old 01-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #13
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot

Aight im still on 2k8...( i know i know) but im saving up to get either the xbox360 or ps3 and not sure which one to get.

Anyways I do hate that about 2k that the opposing team u play friggin subs out the best players at about 2:58 or something like that. For example. I created a league where i had this team composed of like Lebron James, Kobe, KG...i had my nets squad as usual. Tell me y they friggin take out lebron james and kobe for some scrubs...that takes the excitement out of the game. THats a major flaw in the 2k series that needs to be fixed. they should have an option to where you can manually adjust the computer rosters so they cant sub like that...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #14
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate when i decide to be the lakers and you have to wear the purple jersey, I like the yellow one way better
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #15
Granny Danger
Kids at the park dunk on me

Granny Danger has decent reputation

Is anyone able to play the ps3 version in full HD? mine automaticly switches to 720p while i can play MGS in 1080p.
Granny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: