Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If this isn't the game we turn things around, i dont know what can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Memphis is no joke for sure, they have the kind of burst scoring ability that can beat anyone if Rudy and OJ get hot. For some reason this game scare me the most.

Charlie V has a bad habit of lighting us up, but i suspect we will take at least one of the Bucks games.

Washington just beat the Cavs, but I still feel pretty confident.

Memphis just beat Dallas..
Washington just beat Cavs...
Toronto just beat Orlando..

we're all even
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Orlando game did nothing for the team, except give the fans something to cheer for, for the next 24 hours .......

How you can lose to a Buck's team who is missing there 2nd best player in Andrew, didn't they learn anything from the Orlando game!

i don't know what too say, maybe because it was a Back to Back?

it's really pathetic with two big wins on quality teams and you lose to a crap team in the bucks .......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Orlando game did nothing for the team, except give the fans something to cheer for, for the next 24 hours .......

How you can lose to a Buck's team who is missing there 2nd best player in Andrew, didn't they learn anything from the Orlando game!

i don't know what too say, maybe because it was a Back to Back?

it's really pathetic with two big wins on quality teams and you lose to a crap team in the bucks .......

i disagree.. raptors lost only on a few possessions at the end. and those are mistakes that you can fix

i see some transformation in them..
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
i disagree.. raptors lost only on a few possessions at the end. and those are mistakes that you can fix

i see some transformation in them..

The game shouldn't have even come down too the last minute ....... they blew another 10 point lead which they are now 2nd in the league in blown leads over 10 points during a game ....... they just need to focus more on offense since they want to do more running and the defense is there, the reason why " it seems like there defense is so bad " is strictly because our guards aren't making the other teams guards work on defense so they aren't even tried at all !!!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #20
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
The game shouldn't have even come down too the last minute ....... they blew another 10 point lead which they are now 2nd in the league in blown leads over 10 points during a game ....... they just need to focus more on offense since they want to do more running and the defense is there, the reason why " it seems like there defense is so bad " is strictly because our guards aren't making the other teams guards work on defense so they aren't even tried at all !!!

nba ball is a game of runs.. consistently giving up runs is due to lack of depth.. and we are missing JO and Jose.

i think the raptors are turning the corner because (from the last 3 games)
a) we have found a way to limit points in the paint (crowd the lane/paint)
b) we are running a lot more around the perimeter
c) AP and Bargs playing with confidence
Old 01-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #21
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

If that wasn't one of the worst cases of homer refereeing ever. They were fighting bad calls all night and the key possesion late in the game that obviously went off a Buck's own body was the decisive blow. Two different obvious scrambles that should have been jump balls went to the Bucks who somehow were awarded time outs in the split second they touched the ball. There were endless bad calls all night. You can't win on the road when stuff like that happens. Give Raps full credit, they played great considering they were missing two of their big three in Jose and Jermaine. Better luck next game.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #22
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
If that wasn't one of the worst cases of homer refereeing ever. They were fighting bad calls all night and the key possesion late in the game that obviously went off a Buck's own body was the decisive blow. Two different obvious scrambles that should have been jump balls went to the Bucks who somehow were awarded time outs in the split second they touched the ball. There were endless bad calls all night. You can't win on the road when stuff like that happens. Give Raps full credit, they played great considering they were missing two of their big three in Jose and Jermaine. Better luck next game.

Agreed, those were some pretty bad refs.

That play at the end of the quarter when Kapono barely touched Redd.....I mean come on, you should just let that go.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #23
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1

Those 2 jump balls were terrible calls

As for the Elson play, i thought the refs were gathering to look at replays.. are they all blind.. or they all got paid
Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Solomon should be banned from shooting. Period. Stick to distributing, you were doing it well all game. Those shots in the late 4th should have went to Bosh since he had the hot hand. Selfish.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #25
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Solomon should be banned from shooting. Period. Stick to distributing, you were doing it well all game. Those shots in the late 4th should have went to Bosh since he had the hot hand. Selfish.

selfish is a good word.. he wanted to make those shots so he can sustain the PG position.. his ego made us lose the game
Old 01-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #26
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
selfish is a good word.. he wanted to make those shots so he can sustain the PG position.. his ego made us lose the game

Roko really should have gotten the minutes late in the game. At least he knows he can't shoot and always looks to distribute to others late in the game (Other than the runner on the broken play against Orlando). I don't know where Soloman's ego came from, his 15ppg in Turkey? Please. He needs to be shipped out.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: