Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

Talking Roko Ukic!!

the backup pg, which was considered by many the weakest link after the sf spot on this time may as well be a strong suit now...

i mean Ukic played amazing, and the thing that impressed me the most is with the game on the line he made some great clutch plays, like the laser assists off the backdoor cuts by Parker and Graham... oh and that sweet looking floater to sort of clinch the game.

so anyways im done my rant what do you guys think, is he our future pg after Calderon (I know, I know he's still in his late 20's)
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Roko Ukic!!

It was a nice game but certainly nothing to get excited about.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Beebo
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

He hit the biggest shot of the game....how were you not excited about that?
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Tool
Ball til I fall

Quote:

How are you not excited about beating one of the best teams in the East without two of our best players. As far as Roko goes, we need bench production he will be huge down the stretch when Calderon is getting rest. We need him to come in and play well. I mainly want to see him play good defense against other back up guards which he is capable of doing, slash to the rim as we saw today he can beat other guards of the bounce so he should continue to attack and he getting his teammates involved is big which we saw from the help of Parker.

Last edited by Tool : 01-04-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

He still shoots at a 7th grade level. Until that changes, he can't consistently get big minutes in the NBA.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He still shoots at a 7th grade level. Until that changes, he can't consistently get big minutes in the NBA.
true but that can be said about ANY player in the league

he was finishing better around the basket, but the only thing good about those shots is that they went in, they were not very good shots
nevertheless he produced and that's what mattered i guess
don't expect this from roko every night
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:

Roko, new to this league, has terrible shot and he knows it so he drives to the basket, makes probably the most significant play late in the game that helps us beat the 4th best team in the league without our starting centre and point guard and your not excited!!!

Are you dead?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:

wow buzkill
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:29 AM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owyjibo

I hate the pessimists in this forum. Be happy and excited for the kid and the big win!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I don't think it's pessimism on the part of Q and Funk.. sure the shot and the game were pretty exciting, but overall you can't get too excited over one shot, one game, or one player. We've seen it too many times in the past (like Joey Graham having a monster game and then disapearing for literally the rest of the season) to get excited over it. To get excited there needs to be some sort of consistent progress.

But I still do applaud the Raptors game against the Magic and Ukic's play.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

I wasn't clapping or anything after they won but I am just glad we did.
Like Bosh and Ukic said post game, "Its a moral boost, nothing to be overwritten. We know we are a good team and we have to bring it every game"

For ukic, its only 1 game but to repeat that performance, he's got a lot of work.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I don't think it's pessimism on the part of Q and Funk.. sure the shot and the game were pretty exciting, but overall you can't get too excited over one shot, one game, or one player. We've seen it too many times in the past (like Joey Graham having a monster game and then disapearing for literally the rest of the season) to get excited over it. To get excited there needs to be some sort of consistent progress.

We can get excited! You can't control my excitement! I'm too damn excited to be controlled! We got Roko Leni Ukic in the house and he's nailing off balanced floaters! How can I stop being so damn excited when that happens! The answer is I can't! The man is a stud! He is our future, vicious attack of the basket of all time, you got to love it! I love it! I love Roko Ukic! Double Exclamation Point!!

But seriously, he's probably my favourite player on the Raptors and I'm a huge fan of his game, I think alot of his shooting woes come from the fact that the Raptors are re-working his jumper, it can be tough learning something as natural as a jumpshot on the go in your rookie NBA season. I think he has a really bright future, our most athletic point guard and constantly aggressive with the basketball.

PRAISE ROKO!
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

I think we need to take it all in stride. Yes, it exciting to witness the potential of a player. Now let's hope he continues to take strides forward. He reminds me of Jose when he came in the league. Jose couldn't hit an open jumper to save his life. If he has the same dedication and work ethic of Calderon, perhaps they will be a nice one-two punch at some point. On the other hand, I don't think you'll see them raise his number to the rafters just yet. :)
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:57 AM   #14
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life
I think we need to take it all in stride. Yes, it exciting to witness the potential of a player. Now let's hope he continues to take strides forward. He reminds me of Jose when he came in the league. Jose couldn't hit an open jumper to save his life. If he has the same dedication and work ethic of Calderon, perhaps they will be a nice one-two punch at some point. On the other hand, I don't think you'll see them raise his number to the rafters just yet. :)

I was thinking of the same thing! They are very similar players, except Roko seems to have more potential in certain areas. His defense is much better than Jose's already due to his length and size and he can also play and handle bigger guards but also take advantage of smaller guards. Jose usually gets exploited on defense by bigger guards who usually just muscle him over or blow by him uncontested. If Roko continues to improve over the next 2 years I wouldn't mind him taking over full time and Jose getting shipped out, the 2 starting PG on the roster situation doesn't work. We already been through that once :P.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #15
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life

That's what I'm thinking. After some games he starts to realize hitting a jump shot in NBA is not that easy until he has more play times and gains more confident.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: