Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Roko Ukic!!

Give him some time to develop.

Patience. Oops. Not something many have in here or like to hear.

Okay trade him while he has the highest trade value he has ever had.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Give time to develop = DON'T PLAY SALMONS

Coach keeps on switching back and forth, stick with one backup guard to Calderon and leave it alone!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

Coach keeps on switching back and forth, stick with one backup guard to Calderon and leave it alone!

I actually agree with you jrcp3. Solomon is a selfish player and should not be fooled by his assist numbers. He is a good distributor don't get me wrong, but his ego has hurt the Raptors and even single-handedly lost the team games down the stretch. Let the future PG get some quality NBA minutes, especially in crunch time, and let Solomon back him up for maybe 15mpg (Banning him from shooting in the process).
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

Salmons??

You mean Solomon!?
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #20
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation

Solomon = Mike James but with way smaller shooting %
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #21
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Yea the only way Roko is going to get better if he becomes the full time back up PG, it doesn't help when he plays bad he goes into the dog house and than sits for 3 - 5 games than starts to play ..... if everyone is so high on him let me play regardless it will only help him in the future ....... same goes with bargnani let me play he is doing well now but look when O'Neil comes back bargnani goes back to the bench and MOST LIKELY won't play as well ...... really the future of Bargnani and Roko depend on how the raptors coaching staff deals with them ..... they got the talent just need time to play and stop getting messed around with .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #22
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life
Solomon = Mike James but with way smaller shooting %

I'm looking forward to watch the Mike James vs Will Solomon match up when we play the Wizards tomorrow.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think they'll more or less just cancel each other out, each making one stupid play after the other.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #24
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
I'm looking forward to watch the Mike James vs Will Solomon match up when we play the Wizards tomorrow.

Same, and damn Roko should've been the one in there in the fourth agains milwaukee
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Why does Jay put Solomon in down the stretch? IDK.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #26
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Why does Jay put Solomon in down the stretch? IDK.

In a way, solomon is a better offensive player than ukic and solomon is a shooter reguardless what his stat is and if i had to choose i pick solomon over ukic too because either ukic or solomon they are the same, inexperience at the PG position in NBA.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #27
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
In a way, solomon is a better offensive player than ukic and solomon is a shooter reguardless what his stat is and if i had to choose i pick solomon over ukic too because either ukic or solomon they are the same, inexperience at the PG position in NBA.

But, Soloman is a shooter first, so if he has trouble getting the ball to Bosh he will shoot. If Ukic was in that position he would try to get the ball to Bosh, and then try to get the ball to Bosh again.

Big diference.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
But, Soloman is a shooter first, so if he has trouble getting the ball to Bosh he will shoot. If Ukic was in that position he would try to get the ball to Bosh, and then try to get the ball to Bosh again.

Big diference.
The problem is, if they deny Bosh the ball, Solomon would at least be able to shoot it and Ukic's shot is iffy. Solomon isn't a great passer and Ukic isn't a great shooter. If we could combine the skills of both PG's we'd have a legit backup PG, but unfortunately we can't so i'd say down the stretch if Calderon isn't available we gotta go with someone who can make shots.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:27 AM   #29
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The problem is, if they deny Bosh the ball, Solomon would at least be able to shoot it and Ukic's shot is iffy. Solomon isn't a great passer and Ukic isn't a great shooter. If we could combine the skills of both PG's we'd have a legit backup PG, but unfortunately we can't so i'd say down the stretch if Calderon isn't available we gotta go with someone who can make shots.

Exactly and the game against magic again had ukic missed the shot the chances are we might have lost the game and he is the last option/last person the magic will think will take the shot.

Think about this, Running 2 plays within 24 seconds is pushing it and you never want to bring the clock too low because if you do that means the other team is playing good D and we always know shot clock at 4 sec, most player will force to make something happen and not always a good idea.

Now rethink this again, solomon brings the ball up, can't get it to bosh what do they do? they probably run another pick/high roll and if it was up to Jose he would shot if he can't give it to bosh and that's what solomon did. Put Ukic in place of solomon now, same situation, i woudln't want ukic is take the shot or any shot.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #30
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball

Big diference.

How do you know ukic would give keep trying to give it back to bosh again and again? We only have 24 seconds and not to mention ukic have shown that he will drive in n take 1 of those running jump shots.

We can talk about what ukic might of done all year long but right now either ukic or solomon is a pushover.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: