Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #61
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: NFL Playoffs: Divisonal Round

Chargers are probably going to lose to The Steelers. They got lucky to run into a team that can't defend or run the ball. Burger will have to throw 3 picks or something for the Chargers to win I believe.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #62
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
The fact that they are 10-point underdogs has not gone unnoticed. On Monday, defensive lineman Darnell Dockett turned every reporter's question into a testimonial of the Panthers' greatness.

How good are running backs DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart?

"It's like Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. Both of them should be in the Pro Bowl together, starting."

On his impressions of the Panthers:

"That's probably the team that's going to win the Super Bowl. Greatest team in the world. They've never lost at home, we lost to them before. They have great running backs and great receivers and a great defense. Again, we're just trying to go over there and keep the game close."

I love Dockett.

that is pretty funny
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #63
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

This weekend is going to be bomb! I'm estatic right now I can't wait for the Ravens/Titans and Giants/Eagles game. Panthers/Cards will be a good one too and I hope the Steelers smack up Phillip Rivers.

I was watching ESPN and this dude had the nerve to say Phillip Rivers is the best QB besides Peyton and Brady. Call me a hater, but Rivers is a chump
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #64
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
This weekend is going to be bomb! I'm estatic right now I can't wait for the Ravens/Titans and Giants/Eagles game. Panthers/Cards will be a good one too and I hope the Steelers smack up Phillip Rivers.

I was watching ESPN and this dude had the nerve to say Phillip Rivers is the best QB besides Peyton and Brady. Call me a hater, but Rivers is a chump

Hater
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #65
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NYG Home Record (7-1)
Philly Away Record (3-4-1) (1-0 in playoffs)
'08 Head to Head-- First game @ Philly (Giants win 36-31) 2nd game @ NYG (Philly win 20-14)

Statistical Breakdown (Defense)

Yards given up per game
Eagles 3rd (274)
NYG 5th (292)

Rush yards given up per game
Eagles 4th (92)
NYG 9th (95.8)

Pass yards given up per game
Philadelphia 3rd (182)
NYG 8th (196)

Points given up per game
Philadelphia 4th (18.1)
NYG 5th (18.4)

Statistical Breakdown (Offense)

Yards per game
Philly 9th (350)
NYG 7th (355)

Rush Yards per game
Philly 22nd (106.1)
NYG 1st (157.4)

Rush TD's
Philly 14th (15)
NYG 8th (19)

Pass yards per game
Philly 6th (244)
NYG 18th (198)

Points scored per game
Philly 6th (26.0)
NYG 3rd (26.7)

Passing TD's
Philly/NYG tied 8th (23)

Int's thrown
Philly 21st best (16)
NYG 4th best (10)

Other stats

Forced fumbles
Philly (22)
NYG (15)

Interceptions Forced
Philly (15)
NYG (17)

Sacks
Philly (48)
NYG (42)

Special Teams Td's
Philly (2)
NYG (0)

Rushing fumbles
Philly (4)
NYG (7)

Rushing TD's
Philly (15)
NYG (19)

Receiving fumbles
Philly (4)
NYG (2)

Field Goal Accuracy
Philly (82.5%)
NYG (92.3%)

Kick Return average
Philly (23.5)
NYG (23.3)

Punt Return average
Philly (8.6)
NYG (8.6)

Tackles for loss
Philly (56)
NYG (63)
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #66
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I'm surprised by how much people are picking the Ravens when both teams are pretty evenly matched.

Defensively both have good secondaries but the titans have the edge there
both have good front 7's Titans rely on a good front 4 while the Ravens have an elite LB core

Offensively both rely on very good running attacks, both run a lot of sets out of double TE i think they were 1 and 2 using that set.

The difference I see is Ten's Offensive line is the best in the league while Baltimore is good but the titans will be able to get to flaco.

Tennessee wins 14-10

in the other games I like

SD over Pit

Phi over NYG

and Car over Ari
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #67
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I'm surprised by how much people are picking the Ravens when both teams are pretty evenly matched.

I'm even more surprised at the amount of people picking Philly to beat the Giants.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #68
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Man Im getting tired of waiting for this to jump off..... I saw Brandon jacobs being interviewed he sounded hyped too...

I cant wait till Sun 1:00pm

Giants are a tough matchup, but the Eagles are capable of beating them.... Their run game is straight beastly, but we can slow it down....

to me the key is going to be:

*the giant receivers against the Eagles coverage - If Eli and his receivers can click, we'll be in alot of trouble... We have a good secondary, and i think we are in control there... but if Toomer & Smith & Hixon can click, watch out..

*Westbrook... Westbrook is the other key.. I know the giants will have him covered a couple times over... but Westbrook is crafty.... If he can make a few plays it might help throw the Gmen off their game enough for others to make plays

Overall I expect a great game... It could go either way..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #69
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
I'm even more surprised at the amount of people picking Philly to beat the Giants.
A lot of it has to do with them not having Plax anymore (espn showed their stats with and without plax in the red zone, huge difference), plus Justin Tuck isn't practicing this week and isn't healthy (.5 sacks the last 4 games I think they said? and 0 in the 2 games vs. Philly), and Philly didn't allow a rusher to get over 60 yards the last 4 weeks of the season.

They view Philly as the "hot" team right now. And they were the only team to beat them @ NYG this year.

As an Eagles fan, I'm still thinking the Giants will win. I'm about 70/30 on it. But I definately see why the Eagles are being picked by some.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #70
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dont worry man people are just on ed reed's cock right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #71
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Baltimore @ Tennesse
San Diego @ Pittsburgh

NFC
Arizona @ Carolina
Philly @ NYG

To me those teams have been the best in the league this whole season
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #72
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So now that Zona's back to actually using Edge, does he rethink his plans of not returning?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #73
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
So now that Zona's back to actually using Edge, does he rethink his plans of not returning?
The Cardinals are not gonna keep him anyways. Most likely we cut him or trade him so that we have money to re-sign Dansby and give Boldin a contract extension. Then we go after a RB in the 1st round.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #74
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
The Cardinals are not gonna keep him anyways. Most likely we cut him or trade him so that we have money to re-sign Dansby and give Boldin a contract extension. Then we go after a RB in the 1st round.

Didn't Boldin say something like once his contract's up he'll never play for AZ again?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #75
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Didn't Boldin say something like once his contract's up he'll never play for AZ again?
Lots of things were said pre-season. It all sounded like it was instigated by his agent. His contract isnt up for another couple of years and if the Cardinals give him a fair offer on a contract extension this upcoming off-season, I would be surprised if he still wanted out. Time heals things and the Cards management and ownership were very supportive of him after he got his jaw broke, even staying behind with him and taking him back on there jet.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: