Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Default Dudley doesnt mind lack of playing time; alondo out of DLeague;Dragic almost Dleaguer

Jared Dudley endorses his move to Phoenix so much that he said he would rather be a Sun than a Charlotte Bobcat regardless of playing time.

Dudley had gone from starting and playing 39 minutes in his final Bobcats game to playing two minutes in his first five Suns games, until more time allowed him to impact Tuesday's and Wednesday's wins at Oklahoma City and Memphis. He entered Friday's game against the Clippers in the third quarter - the third consecutive game his only playing time came in the second half.
"You hear horror stories," Dudley said about trades.

"I went from an OK team to a great team. The organization is top flight. I love it here. You can see why they're good, top to bottom. The training staff is the best I've ever been with. If playing time's not here, I'd still welcome this trade any time."

Playing time will be the tricky part. Dudley, even at 6 feet 7, is more likely to play power forward because the wings are loaded. Even there, there are few backup minutes for him, Louis Amundson or Robin Lopez. On Friday, those minutes went to Amundson.

"It's really going to be game to game and matchups," coach Terry Porter said.

"All three, I think, are energy guys. Robin is more of a shot blocker, defender. We can pick-and-pop with Jared. Lou is an energy guy, defender, who will do all the intangibles."

Dudley said he is trying to learn both forward spots to be versatile but knows time will be spotty.

"It's a team that regardless of taking two or three people off the team would still be a good team," Dudley said.

"With me, it's always a role player. I love that. When I get in there, I have to keep being more productive and hopefully minutes will follow."

Center Shaquille O'Neal had advice to help Amundson's cause.

Noting how he passes, O'Neal yelled after Thursday's practice, "Lou - Travis Knight, baby! Remember that name. All he did was cut, catch and dunk."

O'Neal's ex-Lakers teammate got a seven-year, $22 million deal after his rookie year playing with him.

Amaré campaign

Amaré Stoudemire wants your All-Star vote.

His Web site, voteforamare.com, is launching a series of short comedic skits where he talks to a friend who holds up masks of Beyonce and O'Neal to extol his talents.

The push might be needed.

Stoudemire's hold on the second West starting forward spot for the Feb. 15 NBA All-Star Game at US Airways Center has gone from 43,137 over third-place Carmelo Anthony on Dec. 11 to 18,228 this week.

No one left in Iowa

Suns guard Alando Tucker rejoined the team after a two-game NBA Development League stint with the Iowa Energy.

The Suns considered sending Goran Dragic to the D-League but decided he will stay with the team. Dragic's parents and brother have been visiting him in Phoenix, but Friday was their last day before they return to Slovenia.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...pt-sunsnb.html
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: