Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2009, 03:35 AM   #16
Local High School Star

Default Re: Remember when Boston chanted MVP for Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili
Or maybe Boston fans just call it like they see it. Knick fans gave Jordan a standing ovation even though they ripped their hearts out countless times. Maybe Boston fans felt that Kobe had an MVP performance and thats why they did that.

Not every fan is as insecure as Laker fan. You would never see Laker fans give any player props during a game who wasn't wearing purple and gold. Wade or Lebron could go for 70 at Staples and all most Laker fans would do is whine and make excuses.

Laker fans only give props to players who wear purple and gold and as soon as you don't wear purple and gold anymore you're garbage. (see. Shaq) Watch how fast they turn on Kobe if he leaves L.A., which he probably never will.

You obvioulsy dont understand sports rivalries. Laker fans oooh and aaah over other players on other teams, but never cheer for a Celtic player. That would be like me as a Charger fan rooting for a Raider Kill me now.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:43 AM   #17
Soundwave
Great college starter

I think that was rock bottom for the Celtics.

Probably a lot of people singing their displeasure to Ainge for years of not being a contender.

Also I do recall in 1991, there were Laker fans at the Great Western Forum who started to cheer for the Bulls when it became clear they were going to win.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #18
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
You obvioulsy dont understand sports rivalries. Laker fans oooh and aaah over other players on other teams, but never cheer for a Celtic player. That would be like me as a Charger fan rooting for a Raider Kill me now.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #19
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Gotta love the NEW Celtic bandwagon fans who couldnt been found anywhere when the team was winning 15-25 games a year Kinda like how you would see Bulls jerseys EVERYWHERE in the 90s. Its been about 8 years since I have seen even one here in CA

Wonder what else happened that month... Kettle, Meet Pot
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #20
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
Also I do recall in 1991, there were Laker fans at the Great Western Forum who started to cheer for the Bulls when it became clear they were going to win.

That was the sound of two bandwagons crossing in the night.

I do remember Nicholson though going up to Jackson on the court after the game was over and congratulating him. He probably said something like "I hope to come coach my team sometime. I hear the owners got a hot daughter."
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #21
Soundwave
Great college starter

Quote:
That was the sound of two bandwagons crossing in the night.

I do remember Nicholson though going up to Jackson on the court after the game was over and congratulating him. He probably said something like "I hope to come coach my team sometime. I hear the owners got a hot daughter."

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 AM   #22
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I don't really care if you call boston fans band wagoners or whatever but my expierence as a Celtic fan is that they were more Celtic fans on sites like ESPN message board, Celtics Blog, and Realgm Message board during the losing years. If you check Espn celtics board now compared to 8-9 years ago you will see a big diference. Now it is practilly dead while back in the days it was the busiest board on ESPN. RealGM used to have 30-40 page game threads now you will see 5-10 page game theads. Celticsblog definetly was more lively in 06 then 08.

Really? Are you telling me more people use the internet now and post on forums than compared to the year 2000?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:19 AM   #23
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
Or maybe Boston fans just call it like they see it. Knick fans gave Jordan a standing ovation even though they ripped their hearts out countless times. Maybe Boston fans felt that Kobe had an MVP performance and thats why they did that.

Not every fan is as insecure as Laker fan. You would never see Laker fans give any player props during a game who wasn't wearing purple and gold. Wade or Lebron could go for 70 at Staples and all most Laker fans would do is whine and make excuses.

Laker fans only give props to players who wear purple and gold and as soon as you don't wear purple and gold anymore you're garbage. (see. Shaq) Watch how fast they turn on Kobe if he leaves L.A., which he probably never will.

You got this right!!!! I would NEVER cheer for an opposing player on the Lakers home court. Get it I'm a LAKERS fan, not a PLAYER fan, it's all about the purple and gold and nothing else.

And if your logic was correct how come last year when Kobe actually won the MVP the oh so secure Boston fans didn't chant for Kobe???

Saying that the home fans not chanting/cheering for a player on an opposing team makes them "insecure" is one of THE stupidest things that I've read here on ISH, and I read stupid crap here daily!!!
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 AM   #24
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
You got this right!!!! I would NEVER cheer for an opposing player on the Lakers home court. Get it I'm a LAKERS fan, not a PLAYER fan, it's all about the purple and gold and nothing else.

And if your logic was correct how come last year when Kobe actually won the MVP the oh so secure Boston fans didn't chant for Kobe???

Saying that the home fans not chanting/cheering for a player on an opposing team makes them "insecure" is one of THE stupidest things that I've read here on ISH, and I read stupid crap here daily!!!

And people wonder why even though I live in L.A. I hate the Lakers.

You entirely missed my point which is not shocking considering you're a laker fan. Laker fans are some of the dumbest in all of sports and you just proved it.

Thank You.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #25
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
And people wonder why even though I live in L.A. I hate the Lakers.

You entirely missed my point which is not shocking considering you're a laker fan. Laker fans are some of the dumbest in all of sports and you just proved it.

Thank You.

GREAT come back.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #26
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

To expand. You're a Lakers fan, not a basketball fan. Which is why I said what I said above.

Feelin you!! Lakers 4eva yo. Kobe is da greatest everyone who doesn't think so aint nothin but a hater. They gonna sweep the Celtics this year. Kobe gonna shyt all over dem. And phuck Shaq, Kobe never needed him no ways. I bleed purple and gold yo. That my team man when they die I die!! 90's were a joke yo. Jordan can't eva be frontin on Kobe and Magic. Kobes the shyt he gonna be havin like 7 titles by da time he done playin. No one else in this league matters unless they play for the purple and gold brotha. Wade, he a pu$$y and Lebron will never live up to Kobe. Well unless Kobe leaves and Bron comes to L.A. then phuck Kobe. Bron for life homie da real 23!!!

Tell me I'm not that far off from at least, at least 60% of Laker fans.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #27
sammdogg
Local High School Star

KB 24 was taking it hard that year.. he deserved it
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #28
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
To expand. You're a Lakers fan, not a basketball fan. Which is why I said what I said above.

Feelin you!! Lakers 4eva yo. Kobe is da greatest everyone who doesn't think so aint nothin but a hater. They gonna sweep the Celtics this year. Kobe gonna shyt all over dem. And phuck Shaq, Kobe never needed him no ways. I bleed purple and gold yo. That my team man when they die I die!! 90's were a joke yo. Jordan can't eva be frontin on Kobe and Magic. Kobes the shyt he gonna be havin like 7 titles by da time he done playin. No one else in this league matters unless they play for the purple and gold brotha. Wade, he a pu$$y and Lebron will never live up to Kobe. Well unless Kobe leaves and Bron comes to L.A. then phuck Kobe. Bron for life homie da real 23!!!

Tell me I'm not that far off from at least, at least 60% of Laker fans.

Well I don't speak for 60% of Lakers fans I speak for myself. And please find a thread where I have ever mentioned ANYTHING regarding Kobe/Jordan/Shaq/Lebron or anyone else.

I generally don't even post in dumb threads like this. However your post deserved a reply IMO.

I watch BASKETBALL and I'm a fan of my HOME TEAM. Sorry if that bothers you, or if that doesn't "qualify" me in your mind as being a basketball fan.

Carry on on great knower of all things basketball.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:09 AM   #29
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe

Because Paul Pierce thoroughly outplayed him during the finals.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:32 AM   #30
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 12th Man

No offence, but that's how I feel toward most American sports fans. Overall they're pretty "bandwagonish", there are many exceptions of course, but there are just so many casual fans. I get the feeling sports fans in Europe are more hardcore. I might be mistaken of course, but that's just the vibe I get.

No disrespect though, I love America. ;)
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: