Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #31
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation
Default Re: Remember when Boston chanted MVP for Kobe?

I haven't seen this

One explanation: There are white people in Celtic uniform, and it's not Larry Bird. Nuff said.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #32
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbullets
No offence, but that's how I feel toward most American sports fans. Overall they're pretty "bandwagonish", there are many exceptions of course, but there are just so many casual fans. I get the feeling sports fans in Europe are more hardcore. I might be mistaken of course, but that's just the vibe I get.

No disrespect though, I love America. ;)

American sports rivalries are pretty weak. The dislike between Lakers and Celtics fans doesn't even compare to any of the rivalries in say, Serie A. Opposing fans literally belt the sh*t out of each other prior to some derbies. Don't get me started on the chanting. "Boston sucks"? How lame is that, seriously.

The 'hate' seems a bit forced IMO.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #33
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

On the other hand it's good that hooliganism isn't a real problem in the States...
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #34
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Exactly, where were all these Boston fans a couple of seasons ago when their team was 28th?... They were giving up on their team and cheering for Kobe!
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #35
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

Wonder what else happened that month... Kettle, Meet Pot

I have been a member here since 2005, just using a different username
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #36
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
American sports rivalries are pretty weak. The dislike between Lakers and Celtics fans doesn't even compare to any of the rivalries in say, Serie A. Opposing fans literally belt the sh*t out of each other prior to some derbies. Don't get me started on the chanting. "Boston sucks"? How lame is that, seriously.

The 'hate' seems a bit forced IMO.

America has enough crimes as it is. No thanks.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #37
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

watch video footage yourself of the greatest moment in Boston Celtics history.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

watch video footage yourself of the greatest moment in Boston Celtics history.

Greatest moment n Celtics history. Not the greatest comeback in an NBA Finals game preventing Kobe from ever getting his 6th? Kobe wasn't getting chants from Celtics fans, don't be an idiot. There just weren't any Celtics fans still in the building, because yeah, we're a bandwagon town....i'll never deny that. Fact is, Lakers fans are the fakest in the league, and the hatred they have for the Heat and the Celtics is hysterical considering they've been a prima donna pile-on team ever since Kobe got drafted.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #39
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Damn man, this is really mindf*cking you, this thing got you looking for threads from 4 years ago.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #40
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
we're a bandwagon town....i'll never deny that.
straight from the horses mouth. Euro "Celtics fans" take note. Get ready to jump off the glory train as quickly as you hopped on!
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #41
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Really? Are you telling me more people use the internet now and post on forums than compared to the year 2000?

No, my point was Celtic sites/Message boards were far more busier in the losing years compared to the winning years.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Why do Lakers fans keep bringing up this bullshiit? Remember when the Lakers sucked goat's ass? You should, it today.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #43
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Well he was amazing in that game so can you blame them? Anyway I know for a fact we'll never hear LA fans chanting MVP for the best player of an opposing team.

You barely hear LA fans chanting "MVP" for their own team players. I'm watching OKC @ LAL right now & when Kobe was at the FT line, a few fans tried chanting "MVP! MVP!" but quickly stopped when they realized nobody else was joining in.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #44
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer

Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
No, my point was Celtic sites/Message boards were far more busier in the losing years compared to the winning years.

False.
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #45
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe = GOAT.

Michael Jordan never had fans in different arenas chanting MVP
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: