Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
demons2005
Local High School Star

demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Is CP a dirty cheat?

Is there any player who makes more dirty/chippy moves and uses more dirty tricks per game? He injured Odom out of the game. I hate how he runs in front of the defender and then hip checks him because the guy behind him cant stop in time. That is actually an OFFENSIVE FOUL. Watch him on defense next time he straight-up mugs people with no foul called on him but on the other end he uses his butt like a battering ram and gets away with it.
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
Gevz2kX
Logician

Gevz2kX has decent reputation
Default Re: Is CP a dirty cheat?

Gevz2kX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

It isnt dirty if you dont get caught, he's the Nature Boy for a reason.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
nosurrender
Great young streetballer

nosurrender has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevz2kX

qft
nosurrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT

Riker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
Is there any player who makes more dirty/chippy moves and uses more dirty tricks per game? He injured Odom out of the game. I hate how he runs in front of the defender and then hip checks him because the guy behind him cant stop in time. That is actually an OFFENSIVE FOUL. Watch him on defense next time he straight-up mugs people with no foul called on him but on the other end he uses his butt like a battering ram and gets away with it.

Wow it really hurts you to see Kobe going for 39 but coming short in the end and not making that home record for the Lakers?

He's 6'1, he can't play on sheer force, but to say he "injured" Odom is crazy talk.

I will take his backing down play every time over crab and lobster dribbling.

Don't be mad just cause he dropped 32 points, 15 assists, stole 3 possesions and had ZERO turnovers.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

sour grapes suck huh?
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #7
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
Wow it really hurts you to see Kobe going for 39 but coming short in the end and not making that home record for the Lakers?

He's 6'1, he can't play on sheer force, but to say he "injured" Odom is crazy talk.

I will take his backing down play every time over crab and lobster dribbling.

Don't be mad just cause he dropped 32 points, 15 assists, stole 3 possesions and had ZERO turnovers.

0 turnovers is easy when you know you have a whistle backing you up every time you lost your handle.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
demons2005
Local High School Star

demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I am just stating fact, the "CP Cutoff" is an ILLEGAL MOVE. It is an offensive foul to force the defender to ram into you. I have SEEN it called before against Kidd one time when Paul was guarding him. Kidd stopped, Paul ran into him and got the offensive foul. That is NOT A LEGAL MOVE IN BASKETBALL Half of his baskets and assists are a direct result of his cutting off his defender with his butt.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #9
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT

Riker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
0 turnovers is easy when you know you have a whistle backing you up every time you lost your handle.

Apparently to lot of you NBA is just one big conspiracy theory.

Mulder and Scully would have a headache here.

Did it possibly occurred to you that turnover also would mean a bad pass that opposing player intercepted?

No?
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #10
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:

cp3 rarely loses his handle though. thats what makes him the best point guard in the NBA. i never seen a guard like that dominates the ball like that and have no turnovers.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #11
DuMa
Canned

Quote:
I am just stating fact, the "CP Cutoff" is an ILLEGAL MOVE. It is an offensive foul to force the defender to ram into you. I have SEEN it called before against Kidd one time when Paul was guarding him. Kidd stopped, Paul ran into him and got the offensive foul. That is NOT A LEGAL MOVE IN BASKETBALL Half of his baskets and assists are a direct result of his cutting off his defender with his butt.
the offensive player can go anywhere he wants as long he doesnt charge into another player. so 'undercutting' a defensive player isnt really undercutting, you're just putting yourself in a better position to not allow him to defend you. cp3 is smart. you're not. move on.

and damn you're the one who made all those stupid cp3 hate threads during the olympics. damn you never give up. get over it.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
cp3 rarely loses his handle though. thats what makes him the best point guard in the NBA. i never seen a guard like that dominates the ball like that and have no turnovers.

Agree on that point. AND I have never seen a guard get as many calls as he does off of pure bullshi t. You put a body on him and its a foul. You can't defend him, and not because he is spectacular at all these different things, but because he is being protected.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Quote:
AND I have never seen a guard get as many calls as he does off of pure bullshi t. You put a body on him and its a foul. You can't defend him, and not because he is spectacular at all these different things, but because he is being protected.

I can see why that angers a Wade groupie so much.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #14
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

SHEED_ gangsta has decent reputationSHEED_ gangsta has decent reputation

Quote:

SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #15
demons2005
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
the offensive player can go anywhere he wants as long he doesnt charge into another player. so 'undercutting' a defensive player isnt really undercutting, you're just putting yourself in a better position to not allow him to defend you. cp3 is smart. you're not. move on.

and damn you're the one who made all those stupid cp3 hate threads during the olympics. damn you never give up. get over it.
No actually look at the rulebooks. I wouldn't know this except I saw a Nets-Hornets game where they called it against Kidd. You can't stop in front of the defender with the intent to make him ram into you. Watch on a fast break most players try to outhustle the defender. Paul goes quick and then stops randomly so the defender can't give chase. That is NOT a legal move if anyone knows where you can watch old games I will show you where I learned its illegal.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: