Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #31
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people
Default Re: Heat release Shaun Livingston

jonathan bender redux.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #32
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
He was a backup in the league at best.

It's too bad he got injured, but people are overly sympathetic on this one.
a backup at best? shaun was gonna be a stud PG, you must forget he was only what, 21 when the injury happened? at best? i don't know if he would have been an all-star but definitely in the second tier among PGs, possibly top.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #33
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auka
Dammit! I dominated with this guy on NBA Live 09.

looks like an ackward break ...
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #34
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

With his size and skill he'll get another shot with an NBA club. May not be until the beginning of next season though...
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #35
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Stupid comment. What does that all have to do with NBA and Shaun's career? We are not allowed to be sympathetic according to you because there are people worse off out there? That means nobody should b!tch or get angry, because there are people out there with more of a right to show those emotions? I don't think so.

I agree completely.

And I have to add... Posting on this message board is somehow helping those unfortunate people out, how again?

That's a nasty injury regardless of sport or not. It takes alot to recover properly from something so devastating. Also, Shaun is a stand up guy. He was doing alot of charity work through his foundation while recovering from the injury, go look it up. Alot of other people would have been saving all the money they could with the mindset that they'd never get another NBA contract again, but instead he proved to be resilient and a hard worker. He gets my respect.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #36
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is Livingston able to participate in a full game with full contact? I saw him doing pick-up games when he first arrived to the Heat. I'm just wondering who's going to take the first chance on him and give him at least bench minutes.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #37
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
a backup at best? shaun was gonna be a stud PG, you must forget he was only what, 21 when the injury happened? at best? i don't know if he would have been an all-star but definitely in the second tier among PGs, possibly top.
And you're basing this one what exactly?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #38
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Ok, I guess I was wrong. I thought he would be the starting PG next year.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #39
Norcaliblunt
Local High School Star

Norcaliblunt has decent reputationNorcaliblunt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
And you're basing this one what exactly?

On watching him play. Dumb ass.
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #40
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Let's be serious here. Livingston was "ehhh" even before the injury...

He was a fluid athlete for what would be considered to be an oversized lead guard. Nice court vision and all....But a very shaky jumper...Son's best production numbers wise was 9 and 5. Ermmm, Nothing about him screamed "future star" at all. Ever.

His career is pretty much over. The killer was that busted kneecap. Even with tearing all three major ligaments(ACL, PCL, MCL), there's explosion to be retained there (I've torn my ACL twice, so I know sh*t in regard to knee rehab like the back of my hand). But the kneecap busting? That takes away nearly 100% of your range of motion from the jump.

He's lucky to be even cutting and jumping without any pain...Let alone making somewhat explosive basketball moves (which he really never showed in the little time I saw him)

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 01-06-2009 at 09:31 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #41
dware94
Banned

dware94 has decent reputationdware94 has decent reputation

were only sympathetic because it was a brutal injury
dware94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #42
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Puhleeze. See, there are always a bunch of weak sissy's in these threads.

"Oh he just started his career and he got injured." "Poor him, he might have to walk with a limp the rest of his life"

Cry more.

There's children starving in Africa, thousands of homeless people in Gaza, little girls being sold as prostitutes by their own parents in Thailand, and you ******* are crying, feeling sorry for this dude who earned over 10 million playing basketball? That mofo is privileged even compared to 90% of Americans.
Wow. Your comment is extremely irrelevant.

Anyways, I feel sorry for the fella. After recovering from an injury like that, he deserves a chance, seriously. By recovering, he's demonstrated how hard he's willing to work.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #43
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

OneMoreSucka has decent reputation

He will have a great career.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #44
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Livingston needs to heal up this season and then go to Europe for a year and get minutes and his rhythm back.

That's where Jay Williams ought to be.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #45
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Let's be serious here. Livingston was "ehhh" even before the injury...

He was a fluid athlete for what would be considered to be an oversized lead guard. Nice court vision and all....But a very shaky jumper...Son's best production numbers wise was 9 and 5. Ermmm, Nothing about him screamed "future star" at all. Ever......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
On watching him play. Dumb ass.
Again, when you watched Shaun Livingston play what exactly screamed second or top tier PG to you? I'm sure you'll either ignore this or post something that makes no sense at all but I'm still curious to see what happens.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: