Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation
Default Who thinks the Suns will win the NBA championship this season?

I'm a die hard fan like all of you... but I still don't like the Diaw-Bell trade for Jason Richardson, and our defense is so-so... I wonder who we'll face in the postseason... what teams are we capable of beating right now in a seven game series?
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who thinks the Suns will win the NBA championship this season?

Other than the recent DUI nonsence with JRICH I think that was a huge deal in the favor of the Suns. I liked Raja and I dont want to rag on him to much but he has gotten 1 year older and some things have started to slow down with him. And Diaw was just a walking talking cluster fu*K all to himself. Getting JRich was a big upgrade.

as for the teams that we could beat in 7 games.....
Houston,Clippers,Blazers,GS,Dallas(it'd be close),Denver,Minnesota,thats all I can think of at the moment
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

iam a warriors fan and a j-rich fan so now that it looks like the warriors arent gonna do anything iam rooting for the suns to win it all just cuz u guys have some of my fav players nash,barnes,amare(who if in 2010 u guys dont sign i want him with the warriors)shaq and ofcourse J-Rich
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
drummer44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drummer44 has an OK reputation so far

I'll save my vote until about game 60 whether I think we stand a chance or not.

There's a few things I'd like to see happen by game 60. Hopefully by then we'll steamroll into the playoffs.

Shaq stay healthy
With the addition of Jrich, I'd like to see some up tempo ball when Shaq goes out.

Amare continues to hit the boards

I'd like to see Nash, Jrich and Barbs spot up for more threes when Shaq gets doubled.

Amundson gets a consistent 15mpg

I'd like to see Hill and Jrich do more slashing to the basket when we post up Shaq in the half court.

Defense needs to impove and turnovers need to be cut.

If this all happens, I know it seems like a lot but it really isn't cause we're already improving in every category. But if we can get consistent with most of this, we can contend for the title this year.
drummer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #5
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

No not this year Phoenix looks like to me they are going through a transition period where they are switching to Terry Porter's style of coaching. My opinion is he is a defensive minded half court execution type of coach the exact opposite of what D'Antoni was. Over a course of a couple years I see Phoenix losing more and more of their more popular players and bringing in players that fit Porter's style of coaching. Nash will be the first one that will be leaving imo.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wish....
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
drummer44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drummer44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer44
I'll save my vote until about game 60 whether I think we stand a chance or not.

There's a few things I'd like to see happen by game 60. Hopefully by then we'll steamroll into the playoffs.

Shaq stay healthy
With the addition of Jrich, I'd like to see some up tempo ball when Shaq goes out.

Amare continues to hit the boards

I'd like to see Nash, Jrich and Barbs spot up for more threes when Shaq gets doubled.

Amundson gets a consistent 15mpg

I'd like to see Hill and Jrich do more slashing to the basket when we post up Shaq in the half court.

Defense needs to impove and turnovers need to be cut.

If this all happens, I know it seems like a lot but it really isn't cause we're already improving in every category. But if we can get consistent with most of this, we can contend for the title this year.

I'd like to add that Barbosa is going to have to come through for us at backup PG cause he needs to have the minutes there now that Jrich is here. He showed last night against the Mavs that he's capable of playing that position. I think we're seeing a half court set where Barbs can thrive at. He doesn't need to be Steve Nash. All he has to do is learn how to get the ball down low to Shaq or Amare and run the offense from inside out. He can get open off screens whenever he wants when Shaq is running the offense.
drummer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: