Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Does no one in T.O. Believe??

This is all if we keep O'neal's contract threw till 2010.

It looks like all the threads here are negative towards the fact that we could get another superstar!! No one ever says who can we get along with Bosh in 2010 I know were looking more than 1 & a half season away but I get the feeling that all of you think none of the top free agents want to be in toronto and to be honest money is money and if we have money for Bosh and another big time star they will come!!
Why can't we have 2 Super Stars? Y not?

We are a big market city our media is one of the best in the world and our fans are the craziest!

Here is hoping to land Bosh and another Big fish in 2010!!!!!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does no one in T.O. Believe??

There are a ton of big market teams that are clearing space to land a superstar. What makes you think that Toronto will be one of the top options? And to me, the summer of 2010 is very much overhyped. I think that quite a few of the big name superstars will end up re-signing with their teams. Remember all the hoopla about the summer of 07? Chauncey was supposedly considering leaving the Pistons, Vince may or may not be a net, Gerald Wallace might leave Charlotte, and they all re-signed.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
There are a ton of big market teams that are clearing space to land a superstar. What makes you think that Toronto will be one of the top options? And to me, the summer of 2010 is very much overhyped. I think that quite a few of the big name superstars will end up re-signing with their teams. Remember all the hoopla about the summer of 07? Chauncey was supposedly considering leaving the Pistons, Vince may or may not be a net, Gerald Wallace might leave Charlotte, and they all re-signed.

For arguments sake the players mentioned above can't even be put into the same Cat. As some of the players on that 2010 free agent class...have you seen the list?

http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2010/

Plus if we can't land 1 big Super star along with bosh how about 2 All-Stars ie:

Caron Butler
Tayshaun Prince

this is just an example but could you imagine a starting 5 of:

Jose
Butler
Prince
Bosh
AB

WOW!

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 01-06-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

I still believe
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The best (unrestricted) players out of that list =

Player Team Type
Al Horford Atlanta Restricted F.A.
Kendrick Perkins Boston Unrestricted F.A.
Paul Pierce Boston Unrestricted F.A.
LeBron James Cleveland Unrestricted F.A.
Josh Howard Dallas Unrestricted F.A.
Dirk Nowitzki Dallas Unrestricted F.A.
J.R. Smith Denver Unrestricted F.A.
Tayshaun Prince Detroit Unrestricted F.A.
Kelenna Azubuike Golden State Unrestricted F.A.
Jamal Crawford Golden State Unrestricted F.A.
Ming Yao Houston Unrestricted F.A.
T.J. Ford Indiana Unrestricted F.A.
Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers Unrestricted F.A.
Pau Gasol L.A. Lakers Unrestricted F.A.
Dwyane Wade Miami Unrestricted F.A.
Richard Jefferson Milwaukee Unrestricted F.A.
Michael Redd Milwaukee Unrestricted F.A.
Tyson Chandler New Orleans Unrestricted F.A.
Samuel Dalembert Philadelphia Unrestricted F.A.
Jason Richardson Phoenix Unrestricted F.A.
Amare Stoudemire Phoenix Unrestricted F.A.
John Salmons Sacramento Unrestricted F.A.
Tony Parker San Antonio Unrestricted F.A.
Chris Bosh Toronto Unrestricted F.A.
Andrei Kirilenko Utah Unrestricted F.A.
Caron Butler Washington Unrestricted F.A.

Of those, the people I see with the biggest possiblity of leaving their eams are AK, Salmons (if not traded before then), J-rich, RJ, Jamal Crawford, J-Ho and Sammy D. All 2nd tier stars at best.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
The best (unrestricted) players out of that list =

Player Team Type
Al Horford Atlanta Restricted F.A.
Kendrick Perkins Boston Unrestricted F.A.
Paul Pierce Boston Unrestricted F.A.
LeBron James Cleveland Unrestricted F.A.
Josh Howard Dallas Unrestricted F.A.
Dirk Nowitzki Dallas Unrestricted F.A.
J.R. Smith Denver Unrestricted F.A.
Tayshaun Prince Detroit Unrestricted F.A.
Kelenna Azubuike Golden State Unrestricted F.A.
Jamal Crawford Golden State Unrestricted F.A.
Ming Yao Houston Unrestricted F.A.
T.J. Ford Indiana Unrestricted F.A.
Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers Unrestricted F.A.
Pau Gasol L.A. Lakers Unrestricted F.A.
Dwyane Wade Miami Unrestricted F.A.
Richard Jefferson Milwaukee Unrestricted F.A.
Michael Redd Milwaukee Unrestricted F.A.
Tyson Chandler New Orleans Unrestricted F.A.
Samuel Dalembert Philadelphia Unrestricted F.A.
Jason Richardson Phoenix Unrestricted F.A.
Amare Stoudemire Phoenix Unrestricted F.A.
John Salmons Sacramento Unrestricted F.A.
Tony Parker San Antonio Unrestricted F.A.
Chris Bosh Toronto Unrestricted F.A.
Andrei Kirilenko Utah Unrestricted F.A.
Caron Butler Washington Unrestricted F.A.

Of those, the people I see with the biggest possiblity of leaving their eams are AK, Salmons (if not traded before then), J-rich, RJ, Jamal Crawford, J-Ho and Sammy D. All 2nd tier stars at best.

Let's just put you down as a non believer then...

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 01-06-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well if the Raptors go with their current team minus O'Neal into next year and only a few adjustments (Delfino) to preserve that extra cap room for 2010, we can assume the team will be quite bad next season. So to entice some of these 2nd tier free agents to go to a bad team you will have to grossly overpay.

So yea, the Raptors definitely have a chance at getting someone like Redd, Jefferson, Prince or JRich... just as long as they are paying them $15 million or more per year.

So the way I see it:

Bosh - $18-$20 million per (is that what his max deal would work out?)
Bargnani - at least $9 million per on his next contract
Calderon - $8 million
Overpaid swing man - $15 million (similar to what Vince Carter got on his recent new deal)

$50+ million for a core of 4 players that MIGHT be good enough to make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Unless they make some brilliant signings with the remaining cap room, I'm not too impressed.

I think the only thing happening with the Raptors in that 2010 offseason is Chris Bosh re-signing. I just wonder how long it'll be before he starts requesting a trade.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Chris Bosh + Allstar Guard would out the raptors over the top ..... we would have a threat down low in the paint and on the perimter ...... RIGHT NOW all the defense have to do is focus on Chris Bosh and that's it ..... Jose just isn't agressive enough ......

Chris Bosh throws the ball out of the paint ..... EVERYONE knows what is going to happen simple 3 point shot ..... no one ever drives in the lane off of a chris bosh throw out ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

We can't lose Chris Bosh ...... He is one of the best big man in the NBA! WE HAVE A TOP PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE! We should do everything now while we have him, this is our chance to win and if he is happy there is a good chance he will resign .......

Were just a GOOD guard away from being a top team in the league ...

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: ALLSTAR
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Jermaine O'Neil

Honestly if you watch the raptors games you can tell were just one peice away because when Chris Bosh isn't playing well THE WHOLE TEAM doesn't play well ...... plus our guards don't make the other teams guard work on defense which is bad ...... because the other teams guards aren't even tired when it comes to the 4th quarter
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #10
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

I believe! Put me down as a Bargnani fan too can't wait for the kid to come out of his shell. The Bargnani haters are the ones that get me up in the morning. ( ****ing losers) At least hes in the NBA!

But I know this city has a lot of fake b!tchs, theres probably tons right under our noses on this forum. IF you seriously can't watch a game of basketball that doesn't have the Raptors invovled your not a true fan. This is just a random statement don't mind me ranting this forum is a gold mine for it.

Last edited by Tool : 01-06-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #11
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Yeah I don't mind Bargnani that much myself. I think he has played generally well this season, regardless of his December slump. I hope he continues to improve and I hope the Raptors stick with him. As much as everyone hates to hear it, he needs to start getting starter minutes at C. He will not continue to improve if he doesn't get consistent minutes at a specific position. JO needs to be relegated to coming off the bench since he is a 'quick fix' for the team and can help out the second unit. Everyone needs to be patient with the kid, because apparently it will take him a little bit longer to mature than we anticipated. But the kid is only 23 years old. Imagine how good he will be when he's 25? I don't know if I'm alone on this one, but I've noticed huge improvements in his game from his 1st and 2nd seasons. Mainly in attacking the basket and shot blocking. Give him time guys and stop being so negative all the time!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Let's just put you down as a non believer then...
A believer in what? It's not smart for a team to be depending on some kind of miracle signing of a superstar in order to ressurect you from the dead. The Knicks and Nets have talked about Lebron, but at least they've made some moves to prepare for the future even if they don't get him. It's not logical to have such an incomplete team and then to just hope one player will magically restore us to where we need to be.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #13
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

C-Webb4 has decent reputationC-Webb4 has decent reputation

Quote:
A believer in what? It's not smart for a team to be depending on some kind of miracle signing of a superstar in order to ressurect you from the dead. The Knicks and Nets have talked about Lebron, but at least they've made some moves to prepare for the future even if they don't get him. It's not logical to have such an incomplete team and then to just hope one player will magically restore us to where we need to be.
Don't be so hasty unbeliever! Ray Allen is a free agent in 2010 and we all know that Jesus saves!

C-Webb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Webb4
Don't be so hasty unbeliever! Ray Allen is a free agent in 2010 and we all know that Jesus saves!

so ironic that you put that pic up with the Bobcats.. Allen didn't save anything tonight.. lost to Bobcats in OT
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:25 AM   #15
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

I have said before that the summer of 2010 will be one of the worst summers ever for most teams. Most of the prized free agent's will stay where they are. Lebron is the wild card (I don't think Amare is a difference maker so who cares what he does). Too many teams have too much money available, and as Q say's teams will over pay because they have rosters to fill, but more stupidly, lots of money to spend.

BC knows that. That's why JO is available this year, to free up money now and not be a player in the 2010 bust.

Many fringe players are waiting for the 2010 payoff, all driven by Lebron, and you can't blame any of them. Yes Bosh is a player in 2010, but like every body else, in a league well bellow Lebron. BC is looking at his options, what he can do now, it's no change of strategy. It's obvious and smart. If he can't move JO this year then we have lots of money for 2010 and you hope to get lucky, or commiserate until the trading deadline of 2010 / 11 where some of the bad signing will be available with perks.

The next thing that need’s to be adressed is Bosh, what is he thinking? How does he feel about the direction of the team, how thing are shaking out? Should he consider moving Bosh and if so what could he bring? If Bosh is unhappy, AND WE WOULD NOT KNOW BECAUSE BOSH IS A PROFESSIONAL then BC would make a move. BC would not want it to get out that Bosh is unhappy and loose some trade value. And Bosh, will have some say as to where he goes (behind the scenes of course) because the team taking him on would want some guarantee that he will sign the next contract with them.

This is no change of strategy. It's BC having options, and examining them all. And I would want my GM to do exactly that. (Boky, please read carefully, maybe read that again). If the best move for the Raptors is to move Bargnani, then that's the move he makes, even if I don’t like it. It's has nothing to do with his love for Italians, Gherardini, or the fact that he took him 1st overall in the draft.

I don't like to rant, but I wish people would understand that BC is no rookie. Yes he has made mistakes, who hasn’t. But the "want to be GM's", (to many poster here) with little or no capacity to understand the under currents of the league that continually say that BC does not have a plan, or know what he's doing, is just a little annoying after a while.

Please take a moment to consider your lot in life, and realize that a GM of an NBA team your not, and there is probably a very good reason for that and luck has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by b4ball : 01-07-2009 at 01:28 AM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: